4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely watch it..but only buy it if you're a devoted fan, Oct. 31 2005
H. Napieraj (Mississauga, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
I have been a big fan of The L Word series since it first appeared in Canada on Ch (it was later banned), however, I must admit I was a bit disappointed with Season 2.
FIrst of all, I think it is way too short (only 13 episodes).I was expecting double that for nearly $65. There are bonus features on the fourth disc, but no behind-the-scenes footage and very brief cast interviews. Although, for one of the episodes (I think episode 11), there is the option to watch it with the cast comentary on. Even though only three of the cast members actually comment (Katherine Moening, Leisha Hailey and Erin Daniels), it's pretty funny and interesting to hear what they have to say about the show (they make fun of it, but it's hilarious).
Secondly, the storyline is a little predictable and, at times, a little unrealistic. I hate to say this, but sometimes it's even boring.
Now, I'm really not trying to put the show down- I truly love it and will probably end up buying the third season- I'm just saying that some things could have been done a little better. I even had trouble adjusting to the new theme song and opening. It grows on you over time, but I remember first thinking that it was a little cheesy and that I missed the short and simple instrumental opening the first season had. But, looking past all that, I really liked Shane and Carmen's intense scenes (the acting was very believable and they had great onscrene chemistry), Alice's always cute and funny comments and her complicated, yet, adorable friendship/relationship with Dana. Jenny is as crazy as ever, providing comic-relief, and Bette and Tina continue further complicating their relationship.
Is it worth watching? Definitely. Should you buy it? Mmmmaybe, if you're a big enough fan or are planning to sell it after you watch it. I don't regret buying it, if that helps, but me = big fan. Good Luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show, very addictive!!, Jan. 26 2006
Canadian enthusiast (Montreal, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
Season two of The L word is drama-packed and the characters keep getting deeper and deeper. It is refreshing, sexy, compelling and bold, qualities that quite frankly are more than lacking on other 'hit' shows these days.
Series 2 picks up where we left off last season, with Shane trying to cope with a heartbreak and accentuated fear of commitment, Alice and Dana dealing with unresolved sexual tension, Bette and Tina not being able to forgive and forget and Jenny searching for her lost self. Carmen, Shane's prospect flame and lover, is the hottest addition to the cast since Roseanna Arquette guest-starred on the show, and soon creates an awkward triangle between her, Shane and Jenny.
This show has me hooked like no other, I find myself rewatching the episodes several times just to catch a glimpse of some of the hottest couples on TV right now. I hope TPTB on Showtime realise what a great show they're broadcasting and decide to renew it for a 4th season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to The L Word!, Nov. 1 2005
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
I am absolutely addicted to the L Word. I've always believed attraction is more than genital-oriented, so if you are as opened minded as I can sometimes be, you will love the honesty of this show. It tackles many issues women face today - regardless of sexual orientation. It also is unexpectedly funny, and features amazing female-focuses music. The characters are fascinating and even Jenny, the identity-crisis drama queen, will draw you further into the web. Season two isn't as impressive at the first season, but for fans is a necessity.

5.0 out of 5 stars traduction, April 15 2006
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
J'aimerais avoir ce dvd en francais je ne comprend pas pouquoi
il le diffuse a la télé en francais et que nous ne pouvont
l'avoir.
Car j'aimerais beaucoup acheté les dvd de ELLES si il etait en francais
Merci de votre attention
Aimerais avoir reponce
Lyse

4.0 out of 5 stars RENSEIGNEMENT?, Jan. 18 2006
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
BONJOUR, j'aimerai savoir comment acheter l word saison 2 avec language français car je l'ai acheter sur amazon.com est il n'est qu'en anglais merci de me renseigner je suis super fan bizzzz!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up!, Dec 30 2013
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
The Second Season is really good but as the season go on Jenny gets on my last nerve. I would be happier if she wasn't in the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 19 2014
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
My favorite season! Such great humor, and I love the couples this season!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Season!, Feb. 23 2010
Raynbow_brite (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
This season is full of a lot more great comedy and drama. It kept me glued to the tv the entire time! So much happens this season, I can't wait to watch the next one! Definitely would recommend this to everyone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you Have Not See It You Are Missing Out!, Sept. 30 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The L Word: Season 2 (DVD)
The drama and adventure has me so hooked that I ordered season 1 before it ended and ran out looking for season 2 as soon as I heard that it was out in the US! The love and drama brings really home! The love these women have for one another is stronger than any man could give to a woman!

The L Word: Season 2
The L Word: Season 2 by Lisa Cholodenko (DVD - 2008)
CDN$ 33.99 CDN$ 19.49