5.0 out of 5 stars Pasta maker
I am really pleased with this pasta maker. I have made all sorts of pasta since I got it and would recommend it to anyone thinking of trying fresh pasta. I wasn't sure of the 'maker' from the description here, but it is the Marcato Atlas Wellness 150.
Published on Feb. 8 2011 by micjac

3.0 out of 5 stars great machine with one flaw
Love our new pasta maker's results. It is usually easy to use, the recipes worked a treat, and we use it regularly after buying it a couple of months ago.

Published on Nov. 30 2011 by dehall

5.0 out of 5 stars Pasta maker, Feb. 8 2011
This review is from: HIC Brands that Cook Atlas Original Italian Stainless-Steel Pasta Machine (Kitchen)

3.0 out of 5 stars great machine with one flaw, Nov. 30 2011

The one, very irritating, flaw is that the handle which must move between two slots as you work the dough, gets stuck. And I mean, I can't get this darn blasted thing out stuck. We have learned to have someone wiggle it while someone else gently taps on the base with a hammer to jostle it out. But really.

I'll see in a year or so if the satisfaction I feel when it works (usually) outweighs the irritation I feel when I need a hammer to make pasta (too often). I keep hoping I will 'get the knack of it' and it will stop happening. I know, I'm a bit dim.

Oh, and a quick google search when the problem originally occurred indicated this is not a unique experience.

But again, when it works it is easy to use and produces wonderful products.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS MACHINE!, April 12 2012
P. Smith "P.D.Smith, RN, BSN." (Fort ST. John, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I will never eat dry pasta again - because of this machine!

I read one reviewer said he had an issue with the handle getting stuck. I have NEVER experianced this! To me - this is a perfect machine.

It is also a lot of fun to use. If I had known making home-made pasta was this easy - I would have started making it MANY years ago!

OMG you MUST try this! Fresh pasta tastes SOOOOOO much better then store bought pasta! It is simply AMAZING!!!

So. Now that I have had my rant - how does the machine work.

First you make your pasta dough.
Then you will notice there is a flat roller and two different pasta cutters.

You start on thickness '1' and roll your pasta out. Slowly you advance the thickness setting '2..3...4...ect' until your pasta is the thickness you desire.

Then you run your pasta through the cutter and PRESTO(not pesto) home made pasta!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pasta Machine, Sept. 22 2012
A great product. Never made home made pasta before and this item should help to make the process easy. Well made and easy to operate. The price was attractive and the delivery was prompt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Easy, Sept. 3 2011
Ordered Machine came within a week. Have never made pasta before followed one of Lidia's Italy recipes.
Machine was very easy to use. Pasta was wonderful got great reviews from the whole family.
Can't wait to make more!!

HIC Brands that Cook Atlas Original Italian Stainless-Steel Pasta Machine