5.0 out of 5 stars A movie I will remember for a long time.
Published on Feb. 24 2012 by Johnny Boy

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, I didn't like it one bit
Published on Sept. 8 2010 by A Canadian Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars A movie I will remember for a long time., Feb. 24 2012
Johnny Boy "Ivan" (Sudbury, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Empire Falls (DVD)
I borrowed this from my local library and watched it to-night.A really great movie and I will likely buy it for future watching.A lot of my favourite actors doing their thing and as usual doing it well.Helen Hunt is one of my favourite and then with Paul Newman and the ever great Joanne Woodward along with Ed Harris,who could ask for more.I'm really surprised there are not more reviews.Buy it folks,you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Nov. 23 2014
This review is from: Empire Falls (DVD)
Excellent film. J'ai adoré! A recommander.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, I didn't like it one bit, Sept. 8 2010
A Canadian Fan (Northern Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Empire Falls (DVD)
As I write this, there is only one other review on Amazon.ca and they loved it. Well, I didn't. The acting is superb, no doubt about that, so I gave it three stars. I just didn't like the story. I found it very dark, and as a mini-series it just went on, and on, and on, with frankly unloveable characters for the most part. It was excruciatingly painful to watch until the end, and when there is a sudden burst of horrendous violence all I could think of was "of course this would happen in a show like this." Yes, I know it was an adaptation of the book, but I have not read the book and after watching this, will never put myself through the downer of the book as well. Just so you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Empire Falls, Feb. 12 2008
simba (New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Empire Falls (DVD)
If you love movies about small town people and their lives, you will love Empire Falls. It's a wonderful movie with so many good actors in it which include Paul Newman, his wife, Joanne Woodward, Ed Harris, and many more.
I purchased it because I want to watch it more than once.

Empire Falls
Empire Falls by Fred Schepisi (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 18.70 CDN$ 10.53