summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on February 24, 2012
I borrowed this from my local library and watched it to-night.A really great movie and I will likely buy it for future watching.A lot of my favourite actors doing their thing and as usual doing it well.Helen Hunt is one of my favourite and then with Paul Newman and the ever great Joanne Woodward along with Ed Harris,who could ask for more.I'm really surprised there are not more reviews.Buy it folks,you will not be disappointed.
on August 18, 2015
Everytime I watch it I catch something new and I could watch it over and over
on November 23, 2014
Excellent film. J'ai adoré! A recommander.
on January 13, 2015
Excellent Series. !! Loved it !
on September 8, 2010
As I write this, there is only one other review on Amazon.ca and they loved it. Well, I didn't. The acting is superb, no doubt about that, so I gave it three stars. I just didn't like the story. I found it very dark, and as a mini-series it just went on, and on, and on, with frankly unloveable characters for the most part. It was excruciatingly painful to watch until the end, and when there is a sudden burst of horrendous violence all I could think of was "of course this would happen in a show like this." Yes, I know it was an adaptation of the book, but I have not read the book and after watching this, will never put myself through the downer of the book as well. Just so you know.
on February 12, 2008
If you love movies about small town people and their lives, you will love Empire Falls. It's a wonderful movie with so many good actors in it which include Paul Newman, his wife, Joanne Woodward, Ed Harris, and many more.
I purchased it because I want to watch it more than once.