5.0 out of 5 stars "... Everyone Lies...", July 18 2006
Daffydd (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: House, M.D.: Season One (DVD)
This is an excellent show. But is this a drama? Is this a comedy? I think this is the best of all worlds, a drama with humour that fits within the story coming naturally from the characters. No artificially punchlines with canned laughter inserted before short attention spans gte distracted.

It's about the characters. They took the time to develope the characters, they have backstories, they are individuals, they react differently and may even have thier own agendas. Including House's boss who admits she sets aside money just to pay the lawyers the hospital needs after House's antics (because 'he's that good of a doctor'). And in the end each of those antics is House trying to save his patient, despite hospital rules, despite the opinions of other doctors, and often despite the patients themselves ('everybody lies').

Be thankful you have to change the dvd. It will become a medical addiction hitting the "Playall" button, and then being upset when you've watched all the episodes, getting the shakes while changing the dvd... you'd better get yourself checked out by Dr House... only he'll probably dodge you in the clinic...

5.0 out of 5 stars Puzzles and Laughs all over again, July 12 2006
This review is from: House, M.D.: Season One (DVD)
What got me onto House in the first place was the great one-liners ("You're ORANGE, you moron."..."Do I get extra points if I act like I care?"), and I've never looked back. He's a pill-popper, genius, rule-breaker (OK, well, he just bashes through whatever roadblocks he encounters)...yet he also has a heart. No matter whose toes he steps on in the process, he always has his patients' best interests in mind.

My favorite episode is "Three Stories", during which House reluctantly lectures a seminar in Diagnostics. In the process of relating three different medical cases, we learn a little about what made House the arrogant, mouthy, addictive, brilliant jerk that he is.

I can't wait to get Season 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars In da House, Aug. 30 2005
Eric (Canada, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: House, M.D.: Season One (DVD)
"House" is a wonderful and entertaining show. One that I think distances itself from the sea of medical shows like ER, Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. "House" is undoubtably the child of shows of ER and CSI. However, Hugh Laurie's wit and sarcasm make the show more entertaining and addictive than MSG to a Pho noodle house. Leaving you just as thirsty for more. You will not be disappointed with this sleeper hit show that airs on Global. I hope this review has been helpful and you are adding "House Season One" to your Cart and checking out. Enjoy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars what we all want to say, Sept. 9 2005
This review is from: House, M.D.: Season One (DVD)
The things Dr. House says to his patients are what we all want to say to many of our patients everyday but ethical and professional standards prevent it. Everyone should watch this excellent show just to see what your doctor is really thinking.
Also, Hugh Laurie is a delight to watch. The fact that this man is the same actor who portrayed the lovable dolt Bertie Wooster so admirably is testemant to his great talent. The two characters are poles apart but he nails them both. I find it interesting that American television needs to pluck an English actor to play a stock character (the all-knowing doctor) Does this mean that they have finally realized that their star factories do not actors make?

5.0 out of 5 stars House is always right..., July 20 2009
E. McKenzie (Vancouver. BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: House, M.D.: Season One (DVD)
I bought this season for my friend who LOVES the show and I haven't watched it even - we watched a couple the other night and I love the witty banter and the dynamics of the relationships as well as the sometimes ridiculous and scandolous things house does! Well worth - love this show and so does my friend - will definitely recommend buying - I plan to purchase my own copy eventually!

5.0 out of 5 stars House MD- Modern Day Tragic Hero, March 8 2006
This review is from: House, M.D.: Season One (DVD)
Before watching House MD, I had never even heard of Hugh Laurie...boy was I missing out. He is the icing on this cake of great writing, intriguing story lines, and a phenominal supporting cast. The character of House, brought to life so brilliantly by Laurie, always leaves you wondering who he truly is; what really makes hm tick, and what real emotion lay beneath that tough exterior of sarcasm.
I bought this DVD set...two days later I had finished the final episode. Bring on season 2......and hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don'tbuy the boxed set!, Feb. 13 2006
This review is from: House, M.D.: Season One (DVD)
If you do, erase the next three days - its highly addictive! House's sardonic wit is compelling, bet you can't watch just one....

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Show, July 21 2005
Mert Karakilic (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: House, M.D.: Season One (DVD)
When I first heard of "House", it was like "Oh Boy! Another E.R. type show". However after starting watch in few minutes, it captures your attention and keeps you focused till the end and make you wish next week comes faster :) I can say it is way more enjoyable than E.R. It is kinda like CSI with live patients :))) . It is my opinion. I'll definitely get the DVD set.

ARRAY(0xb176d888)

House, M.D.: Season One
House, M.D.: Season One by Frederick King Keller (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 68.99 CDN$ 41.32