4.0 out of 5 stars Good kettle, but LOUD

Published on Aug. 6 2010 by Fry Guy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy thhis kettle, Aug. 6 2010
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
The kettle looks nice but it stopped working after a little over a year. Check out all the poor reviews on Amazon.com and save yourself the trouble and buy a different kettle. I had the same issue as the last reviewer the base stops connecting properly with the kettle rendering the whole thing useless. The warranty is only for a year. I contacted Breville and was offered a discount on purchasing the same kettle over again but why in the world would I want to spend more money on a product that doesn't work.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing quality, May 31 2010
Shotgun Michelle (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
I loved my Breville kettle for the first year and a half. Then the 'on' light began to flicker, and within a couple of days, it shorted out and the kettle stopped working. I contacted Breville and they told me their kettles are not servicable, they are garbage if they do not work, and since it was past the 1 year warranty, all they could offer was a replacement -- for $50. Appliances should have a greater lifespan than 1.5 years!! And to not service or repair their products -- deplorable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kettle, but LOUD, Nov. 14 2011
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
I purchased this kettle for my wife about a year ago. We've been very satisfied with the product with one exception: this device is darn loud! As it heats up, the volume this device generates is surprisingly bothersome. It's almost difficult to have a conversation in our kitchen while this kettle roars away, bringing water to a boil. I'm delighted with all other aspects of this unit (looks, durability, speed, etc) except the bothersome roar as it comes to a boil.

4.0 out of 5 stars BREVILLE IKON KETTLE, March 24 2011
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
Love the design, the water boils really fast and I like the way the lid easily flips open. The only downside is how loud it is when in use. I have yet to find a quiet fast boiling kettle though so I don't think it is any noisier than others. I would recommend the kettle as I do love the way it looks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Over priced?, Dec 3 2010
Kenneth Chow (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
Nice looking kettle with blue light on when boiling. The look is cool but it is quite noisy when boiling water (not noisier than my previous one). So if you don't mind paying extra for the look and the cool blue light, it is otherwise a good kettle.

1.0 out of 5 stars It died after 8 months., March 30 2013
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
I bought this after reading a lots of good review, it stopped working after 10 months. very disappointing. not buying this brand anymore
it is not a cheap brand.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the Breville SK500XL Kettle but...., Nov. 3 2013
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
I have had this kettle for several years and like it's features. I don't notice it being terribly loud, however, it has now quit switching off when it boils.
After watching it not doing it's job I realized that the lid is not a tight fit any more. I put my empty mug on top of the lid and it now shuts off when it has boiled it's full minute, the lid needs to be closed.
I noticed in the manual that it does say that you must have the scale filter in it's place also or it won't shut off.
So if you do mind sticking your mug on the lid to hold it down, you might want to contact Breville Canada.

Works for me,
Cowpatty

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Functional, Oct. 22 2013
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
It would have been a ****FIVE Star**** if only the last Ikon kettle I owned lasted a few more years. This was a replacement. The old kettle still works it just had to be adjusted on the base until the electric current connected. So I am thinking an electric wire failure. I use my kettle several times a day, however for the investment, I still expect it to last more than a couple of years. This kettle is well designed, pleasing to look at and boils water fast! Here is hoping the second investment lives up to performance expectations and lasts longer. Also impressed it is made in USA! ;o)

2.0 out of 5 stars Connector failed, Nov. 1 2013
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
It's been a great kettle for the two years we used it, but as many other reviewers have noticed, the connector is now failing and there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've purchased this kettle in the past and loved it. The quality is still the same as ..., May 8 2015
Cindy Clarke (Lachine, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville 1.7L Ikon Kettle SK500XL (Kitchen)
I've purchased this kettle in the past and loved it. The quality is still the same as it was when I used it first. It's easy to clean, easy to descale. It boils water in the time it is described as. The cordless 360 ° swivel base makes ease of use simple. All in all I prefer Breville product and am satisfied with this kettle.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›