summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on November 16, 2013
It wasn't properly advertised, it is in a European format and can only be played in European devices. Solution to mail back to Europe wasn't feasible.
on March 9, 2016
Had to return it two times due to visible scratching. Quite dissatisfied
on July 4, 2000
First off, let me say that while I did not enjoy this movie, there are many others in the world who enjoyed it; just look at the number of shinning reviews it got. The acting was decent, and there were funny moments (homework scene and the numerous White Russians), but I don't think I would see this movie again any time soon. This movie is for those who enjoy off the wall type of movies such as Fargo (another one I did not enjoy). If you enjoy such movies, this one is for you.
on March 23, 2003
I am surprized to see all these high reviews. My wife and I saw the movie and rated it as among one of the worst we have seen. The Dude character is cute for about the first 10 minutes but after that the movie becomes really repetitive... that and no real storyline. Very disappointed. Expected something much better from the brothers
on March 4, 2001
I was told by many people to see this movie because it was "hilarious!" Sure it was! I laughed a whole 3 times during the movie. I feel bad for anyone who shells out money to see this pointess film. The plot goes nowhere. With so many charcters twists in the movie you would think the ending would make the movie better. NO! No charcter was funny at all. If you are into drugs then this is the movie for you!
on June 16, 2000
Jeff Bridges and John Goodman are the key players in this movie. To me....they could not save this movie. I found little humor throughout the movie...there are a few comedic moments but overall I had few laughs. This sort of movie might appeal to some, but not to me. I highly recommend renting this one first before you buy it.
on April 22, 1999
Having loved Barton Fink, I was looking forward to something amazing! I didn't get it! I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about! But then, we can't all like the same thing. I gave it one star for Jeff Bridges. Usual his presence would guarantee at least a 2 star rating, but he wasn't exactly lust material in this.
on June 10, 1999
This movie was very disappointing. After so many good reviews I thought it just had to be great. Just shows you you cant rely on public opinion ! The non-stop foul language didn't help either. I suppose the script writer was struggling to come up with words to fill out the incredibly inane script.
on July 4, 1999
I looked forward to this movie. The story and actors attracted me to it. However after hearing the "F" word every three or four words, I shut it off. Sorry to see our language sink to such low levels.
on March 12, 1999
Like, the dude, he's such a...like, a dude, man!...Whatever - this movie really stank. The only part I thought was clever was that his only form of ID was a Ralph's card.