4.0 out of 5 stars A great collection for hardcore Nintendo fans
Published on April 7 2009 by Scott Bolger

3.0 out of 5 stars The cartoons are great, but where's Capt. Lou and Danny?
I watched The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! during its original run, and I'm extraordinarily grateful that Shout! Factory has brought the series to DVD. That said, I'm not entirely happy with the final product in this case.

Published on June 18 2012 by David Kohl

4.0 out of 5 stars A great collection for hardcore Nintendo fans, April 7 2009
Scott Bolger "Scott" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)
Although they were never that popular with critics, Nintendo (in partnership with DIC entertainment) produced several animated adventures in the late eighties/early nineties, based on the two big games at the time: Super Mario Bros. and The Legend Of Zelda. Shout! entertainment has now brought them back to DVD with the release of several box sets. The Legend Of Zelda show was no exception.

Lets start by being totally honest. If you just know the Zelda series from picking up the newest release at the store a while back, you're not going to enjoy this. If you're only a casual gamer who maybe remembers playing Zelda a few times as a kid, you're not going to enjoy this. The Legend Of Zelda box set is more like a speciality release, aimed mainly at nostalgic adults who remember watching the show religiously on TV during their youth or (like myself) are AVID Zelda followers.

I actually enjoyed the show a lot more than I originally thought I would. Many of the episodes are fun to sit through and packed with plenty of action and adventure. The picture quality is painfully so-so. It doesn't seem like much was done to restore the image, but thanks to DVD the colors are vibrant and the image is clear enough.

The packaging is sturdy and keeps the DVDs together well in a fold-out box. There are three discs in all, with some interesting bonus features such as the original art work and a trivia quiz about the game and show.

It's a nice little package that you'll enjoy if you're a huge Zelda fan. If you're just a casual passer-by looking to pick this up, either pass it by or save it for your kids.

3.0 out of 5 stars The cartoons are great, but where's Capt. Lou and Danny?, June 18 2012
David Kohl (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)

I understand why it makes more sense to sell the Legend of Zelda episodes separately instead of with the Super Mario episodes. What I don't understand is why they removed most of the live-action Mario Bros. wraparound segments from these episodes. Given that some of the best guest stars (most notably, for me, Ernie Hudson in episode 5 of the series, the first episode of this collection) were on Zelda episodes, it is truly unfortunate that someone made this decision.

Oh, well. It's still a wonderful taste of nostalgia. I just hope that someone else eventually releases a better collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific, July 24 2011
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)
Love it. Brings me back to watching the show while growing up. Glad to finally be an owner of my own copy when I'm in a nostalgic mood.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have collection!, July 19 2006
Jason Walsh (Cambridge, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)
This set is cool. When I watch the episodes they take me back in time to when I was young and used to sit at the tv every saturday. I also recommend the super mario bros. supershow to go with this set because they were played together on tv.

5.0 out of 5 stars for the Zelda junky, Dec 24 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)
this was a gift to my daughter and she absolutely loved it. I had no idea there was a series until I did an Amazon search.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like the Video Games, but still so much fun!, April 22 2013
S. Fehr (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)
Another Cheesy gem from the 80's the Legend of Zelda game is loosely based off the first Zelda game (Yes the top down open world game with very little in the way of story). It has Link, Zelda and of course Ganon. It is really fun for how lame it can be some times Any Zelda fan should give it a try. I loved it but I like cheesy things and I am also a crazy Zelda fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 28 2014
Miguel Barclay (Etobicoke ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)
LIke it except moblin speaks ganon's mouth don't like it but I like the franchise

4.0 out of 5 stars Da Da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaa! you found the Zelda DVD, Sept. 16 2007
James Fretz "LeafersRule" (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)
This was a cool DVD set, although constantly hearing " Excuuuuuuuse me, Princess" was quite annoying, it was a classic watch.

I loved watching the old Mario Show, but I never got into Zelda until Orcarina of Time came out.

Gannon sounds really wierd in this show.

The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series