4.0 out of 5 stars A toast to a good toaster
Published on March 3 2011 by Abbey

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Toaster
Toaster is OK. Slots are wide as expected and cooking is even (though toasting is very slow). Stainless steel finish is of the "if you touch it it shows" variety...

Published 22 months ago by Annoyed David

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Toaster, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)

Unfortunately, when I got it, I discovered the toaster buzzed every time a toast was ready. Early in the morning, the last thing I want to hear is a buzzing/chiming toaster. Nowehere in the website product descriptions did it say it did this. Furthermore, it CANNOT be turned off. To get it to stop, I had to dissassemble the whole toaster (not just a couple of screws) and cut off the piezo-electric buzzer from the control circuit board. of course, in doing so, i have completely voided the warranty, but there was no way I was going to listen to that annoying sound multiple times each morning...

4.0 out of 5 stars A toast to a good toaster, March 3 2011
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
After a dozen years my Cuisinart 2 slot 4 slice toaster would not latch down and Cuisinart no longer makes this style. So I bought the Breville Ikon 4 slice toaster; it has 2 long slots so larger bread slices can be inserted.The design is compact and sleek. It has a good feature in that you can raise the toast up to check how it is toasting and this can be done without disrupting the toasting cycle. I would have liked to be able to raise smaller items such as English muffins, higher, but I have yet to burn my fingers! The crumb tray is shallow and if a piece of toast breaks off, it is not easy to get it out of the bottom of the appliance. I managed to get a piece of toast out by unplugging the appliance and gently breaking the piece with a knife; it was a minor inconvenience. The electric plug has a very interesting and innovative ergonomic design; it actually has a "hole" in the middle so that one can insert their fingers and pull the plug out of the wall easily. Great for arthritic hands or for those who may have carpal tunnel syndrome. The toaster is electronic, so it's lights remain on if the toaster remains plugged in and so unplugging it is the "green" way to go. In summary I believe that this is a good appliance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meets expectations - no surprises, Jan. 21 2011
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
This product proved to be everything I needed and expected. Nice design, takes up little counter space. Works efficiently. Do not understand the negative reviews I read prior to purchasing at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville Ikon toaster, Oct. 22 2012
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I like the 'check' feature.the toast keeps toasting while I can 'check' to see how dark it is.The slots are wide so it can accomodate thick pieces or big baegals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, Jan. 22 2010
Pierre Martineau "Pierre" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
Well worth the price if you use your toaster a lot. Works just as advertised. It has a beeper when toasts are done which is fun when you are busy doing something else but is very lound in a silent house at 5h in the morning with sleeping babies.

Love it and Amazon was very helpful with delivery delays

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, March 25 2014
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
Bought this toaster 18 months ago and i am getting rid of it ! Toasting not even , long slices burn at the ends .
Long time needed for first toast , but have to reduce for second batch .Big on counter .
Looks good but that is all.
I am going for a Cuisinart .

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good, Jan. 14 2014
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I have been using this toaster for almost a year now and it still works great. I am happy with the results. I have no problems with the cooking. I love the check feature that allows to check the toast while it still cooks. Very nice design. Price was a bit expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large slot toaster, July 1 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I'm very pleased with my purchase experience on amazon.ca. The toaster is the product I ordered and it came in perfect condition and was quickly delivered. It was also considerable cheaper than I'd seen elsewhere. The toaster itself has two extra wide extra long slots so you can toast two bagels at the same time. The downsides are; its a bit slow, when it's finished it has a loud beeping sound, and the lighted toasting darkest dial is hard to read in daylight.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, April 14 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
We had this toaster for ~3 years. At first it was great, no problems. Occasionally the right side would toss one piece of toast skyhigh and it would land some distance away on the counter. We found this an entertaining quirk and grew accustomed to it. After a year, the left side didn't toast anymore, so now we had a two slice toaster instead of a four slice toaster.. My family wanted me to get a new one but I refused - I can't stand it when appliances stop working so shortly after purchase and imagine the landfills full of cheap broken household purchases. About two and a half years in, the supports that held the toast were weak and began to swallow our toast, thereby burning the bread as it couldn't always eject when time was up. Not good. Eventually I relented. The toaster is in the landfill and I am reading reviews to find a new one that will last more than, I don't know, five years. Is that too much to expect?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Toaster, April 8 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I like the toaster because it is build solid. The spring is well made, I like the digital options and settings on it.
It has everything you need in a toaster at a decent price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›