5.0 out of 5 stars Breville Ikon toaster
I like the 'check' feature.the toast keeps toasting while I can 'check' to see how dark it is.The slots are wide so it can accomodate thick pieces or big baegals.
Published 22 months ago by Raina

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Toaster
Toaster is OK. Slots are wide as expected and cooking is even (though toasting is very slow). Stainless steel finish is of the "if you touch it it shows" variety...

Published 18 months ago by Annoyed David

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Toaster, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)

Unfortunately, when I got it, I discovered the toaster buzzed every time a toast was ready. Early in the morning, the last thing I want to hear is a buzzing/chiming toaster. Nowehere in the website product descriptions did it say it did this. Furthermore, it CANNOT be turned off. To get it to stop, I had to dissassemble the whole toaster (not just a couple of screws) and cut off the piezo-electric buzzer from the control circuit board. of course, in doing so, i have completely voided the warranty, but there was no way I was going to listen to that annoying sound multiple times each morning...

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville Ikon toaster, Oct. 22 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, March 25 2014
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
Bought this toaster 18 months ago and i am getting rid of it ! Toasting not even , long slices burn at the ends .
Long time needed for first toast , but have to reduce for second batch .Big on counter .
Looks good but that is all.
I am going for a Cuisinart .

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good, Jan. 14 2014
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I have been using this toaster for almost a year now and it still works great. I am happy with the results. I have no problems with the cooking. I love the check feature that allows to check the toast while it still cooks. Very nice design. Price was a bit expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large slot toaster, July 1 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I'm very pleased with my purchase experience on amazon.ca. The toaster is the product I ordered and it came in perfect condition and was quickly delivered. It was also considerable cheaper than I'd seen elsewhere. The toaster itself has two extra wide extra long slots so you can toast two bagels at the same time. The downsides are; its a bit slow, when it's finished it has a loud beeping sound, and the lighted toasting darkest dial is hard to read in daylight.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, April 14 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
We had this toaster for ~3 years. At first it was great, no problems. Occasionally the right side would toss one piece of toast skyhigh and it would land some distance away on the counter. We found this an entertaining quirk and grew accustomed to it. After a year, the left side didn't toast anymore, so now we had a two slice toaster instead of a four slice toaster.. My family wanted me to get a new one but I refused - I can't stand it when appliances stop working so shortly after purchase and imagine the landfills full of cheap broken household purchases. About two and a half years in, the supports that held the toast were weak and began to swallow our toast, thereby burning the bread as it couldn't always eject when time was up. Not good. Eventually I relented. The toaster is in the landfill and I am reading reviews to find a new one that will last more than, I don't know, five years. Is that too much to expect?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Toaster, April 8 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I like the toaster because it is build solid. The spring is well made, I like the digital options and settings on it.
It has everything you need in a toaster at a decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a GREAT toaster..., Jan. 20 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
My hubbie was ready to throw our old toaster through the window...Extremely slow, and uneven toasting. This toaster works perfectly! Takes less than 2 minutes to toast, and comes out evenly toasted every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster, Feb. 5 2012
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I had to have a toaster that was long. I looked at many toasters and this is the one I chose. I like the digital reading. It makes great toast, soft on the inside and crunch on the outside. I love my new toaster

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek design, works great, but that beeping...!, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
This does exactly what I expect of a toaster. And it has a fun, sleek design.

I have to agree with another reviewer though - the beeping is kind of annoying. Five beeps are unnecessary. If it were a pleasant beep, mind you, maybe I wouldn't mind, but unfortunately, it's a kind of robotic/fake sound. Musicians, beware.

Still a strong four stars though.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›