5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster I've Ever Had!
Published on Nov. 24 2011 by jgreen

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Toaster
Toaster is OK. Slots are wide as expected and cooking is even (though toasting is very slow). Stainless steel finish is of the "if you touch it it shows" variety...

Published on Feb. 7 2013 by Annoyed David

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Toaster, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)

Unfortunately, when I got it, I discovered the toaster buzzed every time a toast was ready. Early in the morning, the last thing I want to hear is a buzzing/chiming toaster. Nowehere in the website product descriptions did it say it did this. Furthermore, it CANNOT be turned off. To get it to stop, I had to dissassemble the whole toaster (not just a couple of screws) and cut off the piezo-electric buzzer from the control circuit board. of course, in doing so, i have completely voided the warranty, but there was no way I was going to listen to that annoying sound multiple times each morning...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toaster I've Ever Had!, Nov. 24 2011
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
This toaster has an up to date look. It's quite the time saver being able to toast 4 slices bread at a time, bagels, English muffins, waffles, etc... It's slim enough to sit on the back of my counter, leaving lots of counter space in front of it. I like the handy way you can lift the toast while it's cooking to take a peak without interrupting the cycle, then you just let it back down again. It has an indicator to tell you how much time is left till your toast is done. It beeps loud enough to let you know your toast is done, but not irritating. It doesn't pop up so hard as to wing the toast out of it. It's actually fun to unplug it, lol... using the large finger hole through the plug, vs those plugs with nothing to grab, so your fingers slip off.... Arrrrg. You can stop it from toasting with a quick push of a button if you messed up. The defrost setting makes it so you don't have to guess exactly how much longer to toast the bread if it is still frozen. The reheat setting is good if your toast becomes cold. It will reheat it without toasting it anymore. I like the bagel setting. It's awesome having the inside of the bagel toasted a little bit more than the outside, which work great for burger buns also. If you prefer both sides toasted the same, then just use it with the regular setting. I've had this toaster for about 4 months and it's still working perfectly. What more can I say... It does a LOT of stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars A toast to a good toaster, March 3 2011
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
After a dozen years my Cuisinart 2 slot 4 slice toaster would not latch down and Cuisinart no longer makes this style. So I bought the Breville Ikon 4 slice toaster; it has 2 long slots so larger bread slices can be inserted.The design is compact and sleek. It has a good feature in that you can raise the toast up to check how it is toasting and this can be done without disrupting the toasting cycle. I would have liked to be able to raise smaller items such as English muffins, higher, but I have yet to burn my fingers! The crumb tray is shallow and if a piece of toast breaks off, it is not easy to get it out of the bottom of the appliance. I managed to get a piece of toast out by unplugging the appliance and gently breaking the piece with a knife; it was a minor inconvenience. The electric plug has a very interesting and innovative ergonomic design; it actually has a "hole" in the middle so that one can insert their fingers and pull the plug out of the wall easily. Great for arthritic hands or for those who may have carpal tunnel syndrome. The toaster is electronic, so it's lights remain on if the toaster remains plugged in and so unplugging it is the "green" way to go. In summary I believe that this is a good appliance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, April 14 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
We had this toaster for ~3 years. At first it was great, no problems. Occasionally the right side would toss one piece of toast skyhigh and it would land some distance away on the counter. We found this an entertaining quirk and grew accustomed to it. After a year, the left side didn't toast anymore, so now we had a two slice toaster instead of a four slice toaster.. My family wanted me to get a new one but I refused - I can't stand it when appliances stop working so shortly after purchase and imagine the landfills full of cheap broken household purchases. About two and a half years in, the supports that held the toast were weak and began to swallow our toast, thereby burning the bread as it couldn't always eject when time was up. Not good. Eventually I relented. The toaster is in the landfill and I am reading reviews to find a new one that will last more than, I don't know, five years. Is that too much to expect?

4.0 out of 5 stars Meets expectations - no surprises, Jan. 21 2011
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
This product proved to be everything I needed and expected. Nice design, takes up little counter space. Works efficiently. Do not understand the negative reviews I read prior to purchasing at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville Ikon toaster, Oct. 22 2012
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I like the 'check' feature.the toast keeps toasting while I can 'check' to see how dark it is.The slots are wide so it can accomodate thick pieces or big baegals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large slot toaster, July 1 2013
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
I'm very pleased with my purchase experience on amazon.ca. The toaster is the product I ordered and it came in perfect condition and was quickly delivered. It was also considerable cheaper than I'd seen elsewhere. The toaster itself has two extra wide extra long slots so you can toast two bagels at the same time. The downsides are; its a bit slow, when it's finished it has a loud beeping sound, and the lighted toasting darkest dial is hard to read in daylight.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't toast evenly, Jan. 9 2015
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
This product works fairly well but does not toast bread evenly. The outside of the bread will always be a couple of shades darker than the inside. I either have to eat bread with a barely toasted inside or with an almost burnt outside. The extra money that I paid did not bring a better quality toaster than the cheap ones. I'm not very happy. Why can't companies make a toaster that toasts evenly?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, Dec 30 2011
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
This toaster is great, love the timer countdown feature, which shows you how close it is to being done. Also the lift and look feature is great. My only complaint is that the side of the toast closer to middle of the toaster gets more toasted than the outside making the toast uneven. That's a minor complaint though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, Jan. 22 2010
Pierre Martineau "Pierre" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville 4-Slice Ikon Toaster CT75XL (Kitchen)
Well worth the price if you use your toaster a lot. Works just as advertised. It has a beeper when toasts are done which is fun when you are busy doing something else but is very lound in a silent house at 5h in the morning with sleeping babies.

Love it and Amazon was very helpful with delivery delays

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›