Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: DVDChange
Price:$29.57+ $3.49 shipping

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on December 30, 2013
There is nothing on the cover or inside that determines this to be a 75th Anniversary Edition, whic I have found out is a complete box set with all kinds of memorabilia including an all-new series of tchotchkes, including a map of Oz, a ruby slippers glow light, pins based on the Wizard’s rewards at the end of the film, a journal to write in and a beautiful 52-page book containing production photos along with a timeline of the film’s development.
Also not included is the book and a package of various collectibles, including reproductions of lobby cards; a mockup newspaper called the Oz Herald, headlined “The Wicked Witch of the East is Dead!”; a separate death certificate; and 4.5”x6” photos of the principals.

This should not be advertised as the aforementioned blu-ray.
on March 20, 2002
Amazon recommends this for ages 3 to 6? Who decided that was a good idea? I think I was six when I first saw this movie and it left me with nightmares! I have never held any great affinity for the great classic Wizard because it traumatized me so, but then again, I was also terrified of the Snow White ride at Disney when I was about three. Everyone has to see it simply because it's such an integral part of our great American lifestyle--there are so many references and spinoffs concerning it, if you haven't seen or read the story everyone around you will think you're an idiot--but if you're with a child who's watching it for the first time, be sensitive to the fact that some of the stuff in it is rather disturbing, and be sure to talk about it afterwards with your little friend. Sorry, people, but this surreal stuff for kids (like Alice In Wonderland and Dr. Seuss) always makes me wonder what drugs the authors were taking when they conceived some of this stuff. I can endure Wizard and the like now and be bored, but a 3 to 6 year old might grow to fear flying monkeys for awhile or green witches who crumple and dissolve like salted garden slugs. Classic American weirdness. Was it really just a dream? Run, Toto, run! Why own it anyhow? It's played with a lot of pomp and hype at least once a year on regular tv. D'ya really need to see it more often than that?
on November 24, 2002
I used to enjoy this movie every year as a kid, and I recently watched it again after a hiatus of several years. It just did not hold up! While I'll grant that the visuals and special effects were great for a film from the '30s, the movie is too long, the characters are cardboard cut-outs, and the script is silly. The only engaging performances (other than Garland's singing) were from the Wicked Witch of the West and Toto (and I guess the Wizard, to some extent). A good example of the wonders of Hollywood and mass-marketing.
on July 13, 2001
This isn't such a great video. The parts of the wicked witch and the violence and the no-color can make children that are 4 or younger scared and make them want color.
on May 11, 2003
Good movie for some kids I suppose, although I despised it when I was little. I don't know why. I can't help but giving it a low rating...I just can't stand it. HOWEVER...When played with Pink Floyds "Dark Side of the Moon" as the audio, I love it. Never mind kid stuff, it's scary. (To do this, make sure you find good directions)