5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to...
Published on Jan. 17 2010 by Thomas Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very powerful
I have two Kitchenaid mixers - I seem to have messed up on this one, it's a lot less powerful than the other. I'd recommend that any purchaser check the power before purchasing. Not the fault of the mixer, which still works well (except for walking itself off the counter when kneading bread), just a warning that if you do a lot of heavy mixing I'd get one of the tougher...
Published 12 months ago by Brenda Beebe

5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment, Jan. 17 2010
Thomas Douglas "TD" (Marlow) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

You do need to dedicate some space to this workhorse - you won't want to be moving it often, but with its looks and its million and one uses, you will be happy to give it pride of place.

It performs better than any other mixer I have had and will take on anything. It is also surprisingly quiet. And with many weird and wonderful attachments to expand its capabilities, your Kitchenaid will be your personal kitchen assistant.

An essential investment. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just does what it is meant to do, Jan. 5 2010
Some Bloke (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Quiet and powerful as well as pretty. Very heavy which is good for me but I can see older cooks having issues carrying this around the kitchen. I have several of the attachments, all of which work well.... my fave is the ice-cream maker tho!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Standmixer, Jan. 31 2010
ROB T (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
I ordered this unit on boxingday Saturday, to my suprise we got it that tuesday. we have used it to make pizza dough, breads, pastas, whipping cream egg whites etc. its an excptional unit and looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought it years ago!!!, Dec 30 2010
I just love, lOvE, LOVE my KitchenAid Artisan mixer! I'd wanted one forever (well, for the 15 years I've been married anyway), and finally bought a beautiful cobalt blue machine as a Christmas present to myself. The mixer is so easy to use, and it's great to put all the ingredients into the bowl, turn it on, and walk away to do something else. No more standing with a hand mixer forever to whip egg whites and mix cookie dough, and mixing bread dough is nice. I very highly recommend this product - don't wait 15 years to get one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!!, April 1 2012
If you cook or bake a lot, it's probably the best kitchen tool you can have. It's like having a second pair of hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, Jan. 13 2012
Love the mixer - debated whether to get the professional or Artisan. I am glad I got the smaller Artisan for daily use!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, Jan. 31 2011
So far so good, Bought this for my family. It is the Empire red. I also purchased the 5 Quart glass bowl which looks pretty sharp with it. Works well. Appears to slow a bit on the heavy dough but it is expected. First time I bought through Amazon and it is a great service to have it show up at the door. Good price and excellent delivery method.

D

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, Jan. 29 2010
J. Fraser - See all my reviews
Have been wanting this mixer for ages and finally bit the bullet and bought it. Best Christmas present I've ever given myself. Have used it more than I expected. I don't do tons of baking so this model is perfect. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Satisfied, March 11 2012
I wasn't knowledgeable about KitchenAid mixers before purchasing this product so I posed a few questions in a cooking community and it was suggested that if I wasn't going to be using the mixer in a business setting, that I choose the Artisan model rather than the Professional.

I wish I had purchased this mixer decades ago because it's astonishing how well it performs, how easy it is to use, and how much more versatile it is than the hand mixers I have used all my life. I am exceedingly happy to have the mixer doing its job which frees up my hands to prepare other things, thereby speeding up the cooking or baking process.

I love the retro look of this model too, and the apple green colour is fabulous - it's truly a work of art.

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a big chunk of work out of baking, Dec 20 2010
Smddy (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I have been using my Mom's old Mixmaster for the past 40 years. This year, deciding to help a few people out with their baking, I decided to purchase a new mixer. Wow, what a difference it made to the process. The KitchenAid Artisan did an excellent job, allowing me to make double batches without any strain at all. The only thing that I would change would be to make a model for lefties as having the bowl on the right rather than the left of the machine is a bit awkward for us southpaws.

KitchenAid KSM150PSGC Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer, Gloss Cinnamon