5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sur toute la ligne !
Le produit m'a été livré dans le délai prévu. La qualité mentionnée était exacte. Je suis très satisfait et je recommande fortement ce vendeur. Excellent sur toute la ligne !
Published 14 months ago by MFJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning to viewers - Beware Of Spoilers!
Published on Oct. 17 2005 by Jeff

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sur toute la ligne !, Feb. 6 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show, but disc flaw on one episode, Nov. 5 2013
This review is from: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season One (DVD)
I bought this set some years back when it was first released. I was VERY impressed with the show and I think Hitchcock is a brilliant writer and producer. Of all of the 900 plus dvd sets in my collection, these sets are among my favorites (along with The Twilight Zone and certain others) and among those which I enjoy watching over and over again because of the excellent quality of the series.

However, I didn't check this dvd set out right away and it turns out that it has a flaw. I may have even returned a previous copy to the local shop where I bought it, due to it being flawed as well. In any case, when I finally sat down and watched this set (and the other seasonal sets that followed) I found that disc #2 - freezes up on the "Shopping For Death" episode.

I tried the disc on about 8 different players including Blu-ray players, and my computer, but the flaws seem to be engrained in the discs, not due to a player being old or unable to play a disc properly. A friend of mine had a copy of this set as well, so I borrowed it and sadly I must report that her copy has the exact same flaw, on the exact same disc, on the exact same episode.

The nature of the flaw is not that the disc freezes up and won't play further. It is the sort of freeze up where frames seem to be lost and dialog is lost where the disc seems to pause for a few seconds, then continues with some frames and dialog missing.

I am curious as to if others who have this set have the same freeze up flaws in their copies as well. The main freeze up comes after the 2 men in the story show the crazed woman the dangers of falling in the tub and grabbing a light hanging over it.

Also, does anyone know if a corrected disc without the flaws was ever issued by the company which released this set?

And, do copies for sale right now and right here on Amazon have the same flaws, or has the company replaced the defective discs on copies for sale these days?

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning to viewers - Beware Of Spoilers!, Oct. 17 2005
Jeff (Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season One (DVD)
I'm enjoying this DVD despite Universal's efforts to live down to their usual standards. I could compare the handling of this series disfavourably against the work done on preparing other classic series (Twilight Zone leaps to mind) but other reviews have and will mention this. I wish only to warn AGAINST reading the Episode Summaries!!! Perhaps some studio exec - possibly the one who decided to do the show "on the cheap" - thought it would be wise to give away much of the story prior to viewing. Maybe they'd be TOO suspenseful otherwise?
Five stars for the show itself. Minus two stars for the botched audio/video job, a lack of features worthy of the studio's Marx Brothers dvd release and a generally lacklustre effort on this dvd. Poor Hitch must be rolling in his grave....

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 1, Oct. 9 2005
GUY JR THUOT "Vertigo" (Kingston, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season One (DVD)
I gave 5 stars not for the quality of the dvd set, but, because of the series itself. Hitchcock was a genius. I know he was not involve with the series on a regular bases, but, you can see that the people in charge were close to him. I think Universal should have restored the episodes, the series started 50 years ago. The quality of the episodes are not always great. The extras are very limited. His movies were restored by Universal, they should have done the same thing with the Alfred Hitchcock Presents series. Universal is very lucky that I am a Hitchcock buff. The series lasted many years, maybe, there is still time to restore some episodes. I just hope Universal reads the reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfred Hitchcock Presents: season 1, Oct. 13 2005
GUY JR THUOT "Vertigo" (Kingston, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season One (DVD)
After reading the reviews on amazon.com, I didn't know there was so many problems with the quality of the dvd set. I decided to write a second review. I think that Patricia Hitchcock and the others who are still alive and were involved with the series should have a good talk with Universal. I think that Universal should show more respect for Hitchcock's work by restoring the episodes and to show some respect to customers with some audio commentaries for certain episodes and longer documentaries. I am sure that most people will spend a bit more money for the futures sets if they improve the quality and add more extras.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some nice bangs for your buck, April 1 2008
Fabiana Pereira "Fabiana Pereira" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season One (DVD)
If you love Hitchcock, appreciate old television shows, and does not require a lot of adrenaline to enjoy your entertainment material, go for it. The set should give you pleasant moments and a lot of background on the history of tv series, suspense, and of course Hitchcock himself. Besides, there are true pearls. However, if you want intense thrills, go for something else. Because this one is definitely subtler.

ARRAY(0xac61e438)

Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season One
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season One by Jus Addiss (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 39.99