Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Audio CDChange

on October 12, 2005
It seems like it's hard enough for bands with only one singer to create an album that sounds consistent, and is consistently good, the whole way through - so when Daniel Victor takes a dozen artists from all walks of the music scene to front his songs, it seems anything but possible to have an album that's not just full of great songs, but fits together perfectly as well. Fortunately for music lovers, he does just that, and has created something that I would describe as one of the best albums of the last few years. It's definitely for a certain mood - this isn't necessarily a pick-me-up album, or something you're listening to on the way to the bar - but it does it better than anyone else. Many will argue that it's not easily accessible - other than the fantastic "The Grace" sung by Dallas Green, nothing else on the album sounds like what could be considered a single - but that's fine, because the fact that this album is created as an album, and not a few catchy hooks with separate filler, makes it infinitely more enjoyable than anything else on the market today. Standout tracks are the aformentioned "This Grace," "From What I Once Was," "Liar" featuring Raine Maida (although it's pretty apparent from the slightly less deep lyrics that wording was part of the hand he dabbled in on that collaboration), "Our Final Hymn," "This Longing", and the three best songs on the album, "I Hope Your Heart Runs Empty" with Scott Anderson of Finger Eleven, Todd Kerns' eerie "Life is A Dead Scene," and "Tired of Saving Souls," featuring John Campsey of little-known band Sleepway.
If you're a fan of any of these artists, you'll probably be surprised at the songs that they're performing, since they are, in most cases, vastly different from what they would normally do; at the same time, it adds dimensions you didn't know existed with many of these people, breaks them out of their predefined moulds, and gives an overall feeling that they're willing to come together and be part of great music, regardless of style - and heavenly music is exactly what this album accomplishes.
on March 2, 2006
i cant believe this album! i was really excited when i heard about this new album and the ammount of talent that would be included on it. i can only descibe it in a few choice words...INCREDIBLE...MESMERIZING...BRILLIANT! what an amazing album this is. every song has such a great flow to it and a consistency that is so hard to find in any album put out by any band. this album blew me away and i would definately rate it among one of my favourite albums. GO BUY IT! you will be extremely impressed.
on March 24, 2010
Both Act I: Goodbye Friends Of The Heavenly Bodies, and Act 2 Blood And The Life Eter, by Daniel Victor (aka Neverending White Lights), are perfect.
Living in Vancouver B.C. where it rains... a lot, the music fits (I happen to be one of those rare few who love the rain). The songs sweep you down and away through an emotional landscape. The songs are dark and yet you won't get depressed when you listen to them. I listen to both CDs any time I spend rainy days driving places, or when I have had a stressful day and need something calming (and I'm in no mood to listen to classical music), or - like now, when I'm on my computer, or just spending time at home .
I cannot say more great things about these CDs besides the fact that Daniel Victor is working on a Third! Yay!
on October 2, 2005
ok you're looking at information about this album... so what are you waiting for? BUY IT!
In all honesty I'm completely impressed. Not only are the songs sang by Scott Anderson and Raine Maida brilliant, the entire album is breathtaking. There are 16 tracks... trust me the money is well worth it.
I already bought 2 this week. One for me, and the other for my friend on his birthday. I'm going to buy another one in a couple days for another birthday. This album is a must have... and yes, this actually DOES make a great gift.
on April 26, 2006
ACT 1: GOODBYE FRIENDS OF THE HEAVENLY BODIES is the most recent CD i've added to my collection, and i must say it: the music is like nothing you will EVER hear in the mainstream! all the songs are so beautifully written and the vocalist's voice embraces the songs and lyrics with so much feeling and passion, it's IMPOSSSIBLE to only listen once! Daniel Victor is an incredible writer/producer and believe me--the 4 years he put into the album was WELL WORTH IT.
on November 19, 2005
i thought this would be an amazinf cd. dont get me wrong there are good songs but they are all slow. i was expecting more of a variety. the best songs are "the grace" ft dalas green and "age of consent" ft nick hexum. im not disappointed in the cd im sure once i listen to it more i'll like it.
on March 19, 2013
I discover Never ending white lights by a friend and it was a revelation! I like the harmonics and the melodies!
on January 18, 2006
This is a album to listen straight through and relax.
on August 19, 2014
Poignant, perfectly poignant.
on January 21, 2006
hands down best album ever