5.0 out of 5 stars Took me by surprise!
Published on Dec 28 2005 by C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Based on the novel by Anne Brashares, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is an enjoyable movie to watch, which girls would especially enjoy. It is about four friends that have been together since they were babies, and their first summer apart when they are seventeen years old.

Published on Nov. 15 2008 by Sam

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me by surprise!, Dec 28 2005
C. (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Widescreen Edition) (DVD)
Last summer I saw this movie just because I felt like going out of the house. Being 26 years old I thought I had seen my faire share of teen flicks and I wasn't expecting much. This movie completely took me off guard. The stories are touching and are presented with such good taste. You really get into the girls' stories and they don't spend too much time on each girl so you don't get bored. EXCELLENT movie! HIGHLY recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet, intelligent, heart-warming film, Aug. 25 2006
Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" (Shelby, North Carolina USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is sort of a teen chick flick, but I still wanted to see it. I have a few sensitive bones in my body, I still feel like a teenager in many ways, I'm a sucker for sentimental notions, and, man oh man, that Alexis Bledel sure is pretty. And the film has Amber "Joan of Arcadia" Tamblyn in it, too. I certainly wasn't going to let a little thing like testosterone keep me from enjoying this film.

This is basically a story about four best friends spending a summer apart and doing a lot of growing up in the process. Oh, it's also about a pair of magical jeans. Don't get hung up on that, though; if there's one thing this book isn't, it's silly. It is instead a very rich and meaningful film about each character's maturation and growing understanding of the important things in life. This is not to say these girls are all ready to put away girlish things; the summer changes each of them, but they're still normal, healthy young people with their whole lives ahead of them - but they will be better able to appreciate the ups and downs their futures surely hold.

The girls themselves, lifelong friends, are very different. Lena (Alexis Bledel) is shy and reserved, Carmen (America Ferrera) is down-to-earth but a little bit of an outsider, Tibby (Amber Tamblyn) is rather negative and rebellious, and Bridget (Blake Lively) is a boy-crazy blonde who looks and acts 25. On their last day together before parting ways for the summer, the girls discover an amazing pair of jeans that impossibly fits each of their very different bodies perfectly. The only logical explanation is a magical one, so the girls vow to share the jeans over the summer and report back on the great strokes of luck the jeans will surely bring them. Lena gets them first because she is on her way across the world to Greece to stay with her grandparents. From there they go back to Tibby, who is stuck at home working on a documentary in betweens shifts at a retail store. Then they're off to Carmen in South Carolina, whose visit with her dad turns in to quite an ordeal. Last up is Bridget, who is attending a soccer camp south of the border. Each girl expects something wonderful to happen once she slips on the special jeans. Instead, the jeans seem to do more harm than good.

Lena meets a young man who expands her horizons and begins to free of her inhibitions, only to be told to stay away from him. Tibby finds herself saddled with a younger girl named Bailey (Jenna Boyd) who insinuates herself right into her whole documentary project. Carmen feels like a total outsider around her dad and the new family he is about to marry into, and Bridget's shameless pursuit of an older boy ends up opening deep hurts she has tried to pretend don't exist. So much for the magic jeans - but let's not be so hasty. Seeds have been sown, and each girl eventually does experience a bit of magic that transforms them and, in the end, brings them closer together.

This is a story of laughter, tears, and emotional growth. The film offers up many poignant moments, especially in terms of Tibby's summer experience, and it does a marvelous job of transitioning from one story to the next. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is just a real winner, a marvelously impressive film that speaks not only to teenaged girls but to all of us who allow the movie into our hearts and minds. It deals with some pretty major themes in both straightforward and effectively subtle ways, and all of the girls turn in wonderful performances. Forget about the magical jeans (they're just a metaphor, you know); this movie is all about real life, friendship, and growing up. Anyone with a heart should be touched in some way by this film. I for one loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants-breathtaking, Oct. 13 2005
By A Customer
I extremely enjoyed this movie and it is an exciting movie for women of all ages to watch. There were scenes where I cried and scenes where I laughed. Blake Lively was excellent in her role as Bridget as was America Ferrera in her role as Carmen! All in all I think that this was the best movie I have ever seen

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, Nov. 15 2008
Sam (British Columbia) - See all my reviews

Lena (Alexis Bledel) is shy and goes to visit her grandparents in Greece. Bridget (Blake Lively) is athletic and goes to sports camp that is in Mexico. Tibby (Amber Tamblyn) is sour-tempered and decides to work during the summer and make a "suckumentary." Carmen (America Ferrera) is a Porto Rican girl that has low self-esteem, and decides to visit her father. The pants travel between the four girls, keeping them connected in some way.

The four girls learn and experience love and loss, so it is interesting to see how much one summer changes a person when they are far apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Oct. 5 2010
A Kid's Review
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a great book. It is exciting, and fun. I love how it switches between characters because you never get bored of one. Its is also intriguing because when you finished reading about one of the girls they would normally end it with a cliff hanger, then you would read about the next girl and get into her part and they would switch again and leave you hanging. That is a really good strategy to keep people reading, I think. I love the plot and how the author explained the settings so well and made the story come to life. i love this story and I can't wait to read the whole series.

2.0 out of 5 stars not all that, Jan. 8 2006
By A Customer
I saw this movie this weekend and was expecting so much more. Where I enjoyed the storyline for Lena and Carmen, I found the other two to be something I'd rather skip.
Where the Greek storyline (Lena) was heartwarming and interesting, the Mexican storyline (Bridget) was predictable and boring. Watching a character (Lena) going through the ups and downs of trying to please everyone around them as well as herself is much more interesting than watching a character (Bridget) lusting after a guy that she has no real chemistry with. Angst is all well and good, but the people playing the characters need to actually have the longing reach their eyes. They both looked kind of uninterested.
With the other two storylines, watching Carmen's struggle to try to reconnect with her father while not knowing how to communicate with him was far more interesting than Tibby's self centered woe-is-me, look how my friends deserted me attitude all summer. As soon as the young girl comes into the storyline (Tibby's) you know exactly what is about to happen to her and how it will affect Tibby. Too predictable. The only time she actually came to life is when her friends returned from their respective vacations. We're suppose to believe that this girl can't function at all without her friends? Unlikely.
I mean, come on. You shouldn't know exactly what's going to happen in a particular storyline before it appears on the screen. Both Tibby's and Bridget's storylines were just that. It was all I could do to not hit fast forward on my remote.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best movie EVER created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, May 30 2006
Dezzy "Lena" (Laguna Beach, Ca) - See all my reviews
This movie was the best movie I've ever seen. It had a really good message and Kostas and Eric were soooooo Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This made the movie 10 times better .i DEFINETLY recomend you buy it. And the book is just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT REAL LIFE MOVIE!, Nov. 14 2005
By A Customer
This movie is not your typical teen drama, it touches parts of real life, things that girls can really relate to. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Film, Dec 6 2005
Fun Girl (Toronto,ON CAN) - See all my reviews
Wow! This movie was amazing. It made me and my friends laugh and cry. I would definetly recommend this movie for a girls night.

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it would be better, Feb. 3 2006
By A Customer
This was pretty good...I thought it would be better..the books were definitley better. The soccer coach, erick, was SO *bleeping* hot. He was my fave part of the whole movie. Bridget was very pretty but a *meh* actress.
It was worth the money to go and see it in thearters, but not to buy as a DVD.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Widescreen Edition)
CDN$ 9.93 CDN$ 4.75