5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite movie of all time ...
I first saw this movie when I was twelve and it was my favorite movie then. Thirty-seven years, and a lot of life experience later, it still is. When I first saw it, I took Mark Wallace's views on marriage very much to heart and found the difference between their early relationship and their subsequent marriage disturbing. Seeing it so many years later, I found all his...
Published on March 6 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane Is A Bumpy Road
Some films from the Sixties have dated more than others. I loved this film when it first came out and for years had many pleasant memories of it. Some years ago, my English wife and I travelled across France by road from Calais to the Med and throughout the journey I had images of this film constantly re-playing in my head. So I looked forward to seeing it again after a...
Published on Jan. 6 2004 by Cowboy Buddha

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor print!, Dec 25 2013
mickey_one - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Two For The Road [DVD] (DVD)
NB: There are at least 3? different DVD-releases around, all listed at amazon under the title "Two for the Road"

One of which Two for the Road [DVD] [1967] (Optimum release, ASIN: B0002ADWIA) is to be avoided, it's a poor print (washed out colours, soft image)!

Make sure you buy this release Two for the Road (1967) (Ws Dub Sub Sen) [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
from 2oth Century Fox, ASIN: B000AP04MO

A few dollars (but not a fistful!) more but MUCH better picture quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars two for the road, Nov. 5 2013
I had this movie on VCR and I watch it about once a year - a good old movie with no swear words - and a good love story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two For the Road is a down-to-earth movie..., Nov. 27 1998
This review is from: Two for the Road (VHS Tape)
I like this movie because you can see Audrey Hepburn as a normal every day woman. It's funny, romantic, sad, and just plain wonderful. Audrey's clothes are fantastic!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the most favourite film of me at Saturday Afternoon!, March 15 2000
This review is from: Two for the Road (VHS Tape)
the performance of Audrey in this film is let you feel her acting performance is mellow before she retire. I remember a lot of conversation of Ms. Hepburn and Finney.

5.0 out of 5 stars A SAGITTARIUS ROMANCE*, Nov. 11 2002
This review is from: Two for the Road (VHS Tape)
Although some may find this delightful 1967 British film more than a little dated, it holds a special place in many hearts including mine. In the opening, Finney and Hepburn are driving in their Mercedes-Benz from England to the French Riviera. He's an architect, and they're driving to the home of Maurice Dalbret, the Frenchman who gave successful Finney his start. During the road trip, its obvious the marriage is headed for trouble. Flash Back time. Twelve years ago, Finney is a back-packing student looking at buildings and Audrey is among a bevy of female music students going to a festival. The happy times, the trials and tribulations and the whole gist of the film will appeal to many but not to others. (oh, well). I like it. Some felt that Hepburn was too old (7 years, to be exact) for Finney, but this is hardly a problem (wasn't Lucy older than Desi?). The usually fastidious Hepburn was dressed by Mary Quant, Paco Rabannne & Ken Scott: she even wears blue jeans! The stunning location scenes where filmed on location: St. Tropez, Paris, Nice and Beauallon. *If the viewer is or knows a true Sag, they know what I meant by the heading: I was born 5 December: at 42, it remains my passion to travel!

5.0 out of 5 stars music and humor add up to a great mood movie, Jan. 11 1999
C. Chan (Manila, Philippines) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two for the Road (VHS Tape)
music and humor add up to a great mood movie

1.0 out of 5 stars Skippit, July 16 2014
Really lousy movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars girl in a sportscar..., Nov. 18 2001
"byblos26" (sydney, new south wales Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two for the Road (VHS Tape)
at first, i didn't really get this film(you have to pay attention to the plot,not just at audrey!) but after countless viewings, i have to say it's one of audrey's best films. it's not as glossy as charade and funny face but everyone looks really hip and the film is very sixties, especially the scene on the riviera when albert finney picks up a faye dunaway-esque blonde in a sportscar. the film is also very funny and the supporting roles are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Do That Anymore!, May 29 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Two for the Road (VHS Tape)
Great fun picking out situations and saying "Can't Do That Anymore" Example - smoking on airplanes. See how many you can find and there are many.
Great 60's clothes - cars - music.
Hepburn and Finney at their young and loveliest. (Hard to believe this is the same bloke who is currently playing on HBO as Churchill in "Gathering Storm" - which is brilliant!)

3.0 out of 5 stars hot diggity dog, March 29 2001
Zach McGregor (Frisco, Colorado USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Two for the Road (VHS Tape)
I really find it hard to think that anyone liked this movie. Maybe it's just me and my simple mind but I had a hard time following along. It's like trying to follow that kid through the maze in the shining. It'll drive you crazy.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›