5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Collection Set
Published on Dec 1 2005

This set is simply a package of all 7 seasons, this is not a re-dition of The Chosen Collection. Therefore there is no bonus disc, booklets etc. etc. ... Amazon description is slightly misleading as it mentions The Chosen Collection and not this one.

Otherwise this is a great inexpensive set of all the seasons of Buffy!
Published on Nov. 22 2012 by Martin Pilon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful this is not a re-edition of The Chosen Collection., Nov. 22 2012
Martin Pilon - See all my reviews

Otherwise this is a great inexpensive set of all the seasons of Buffy!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Collection Set, Dec 1 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection (Bilingual 40 Disc DVD Set) (Seasons 1-7) (DVD)
Buffy: The Chosen Collection - This is a very nice boxset. I recieved it just two days ago and I have to say that I'm very impressed by the overall packaging. The white and blood dripped box looks great on my shelf. The box itself is fairly small too and is about as high as a regular upright dvd boxset. This is mainly because of the fact that all of the 7 Buffy Seasons have now been compacted into tiny little DVD Booklets inside the set. Each little Season Booklet has it's own pictured theme, and they are all numbered and stacked on top of one another inside the box.
Including in the set, there's also a short letter by Joss Whedon (The creator of Buffy), and a full Synopsis Booklet, which lists all of the episodes of the series featured in this set (with a brief summary of them inside and on which disc they are located on.)
The only 'con' that I can really think up for this set are probably of those individual dvd booklets that you get. They can be a little flimsy at times and can break easily if you're not careful. But besides that, the design for the 'Chosen Collection' is great and compact enough to fit all of the 7 Seasons of Buffy on your shelf quite easily.
For the fans that already own all of the 7 Seasons, this might not be a good buy for you. All of the content on the discs are the same as the previous releases (even the disc labels themselves), with the exception of the new bonus disc that is just exclusive to this set alone. The bonus disc totals to about 2-3 hours of new extras that are, while great, but nothing amazing. Atleast not amazing enough to spend another $200 on anyway.
On the other hand, this is a great buy for those that have seen the show, but have never gotten around to actually buying any of the seasons. Also, you're going to be saving a little over a $100 if you buy this collection set rather than buying all of 7 Seasons seperately (that is, if Amazon doesn't decide to jack up the prices).
If you've never seen the show, then give it shot and catch a few reruns or rent a couple of episodes first. But I guarantee you that this is definitely a 'must have' show that you won't want to miss out on, even if you still can't get past the silly name.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Thing, Jan. 15 2006
I DO own this set, and let me tell you, having them individually, well, its not even comparable. With a cool set-up/lay out, all 7 seasons coem together to form a picture of the cast. The bonus disk is hilarious, and interesting. It comes with a neat note from Joss, and it is worth the price. I got it for christmas, and it has changed my life!!! I love it so much, and I watch it almost every day. I recommend this as a MUST MUST MUST for ANY Buffyverse fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an absolute STEAL! Minus some glitches..., Nov. 20 2007
Paige Turner (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
I am a HUGE fan of Buffy, and I hadn't already splurged to buy the complete seasons, so this was a perfect set to satisfy my craving. The box does indeed look wonderful on a shelf, and it isn't overly space consuming (although it was larger than I had expected after reading other reviews).
I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about how each disc is set up, is that there is no option to "play all episodes"; so if you want to watch them in order, you need to routinely refer back to the "chosen collection" booklet to ensure that you're choosing the right one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show...occasional poor video quality, May 14 2010
K. Roy (ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
It's been said to death how good this show is (making multiple list of the "## Best TV Shows in History") so theres no need to repeat it again. This show is great fun...enough of that

The boxset itself looks good enough. People rave about that letter from Joss Whedon but seriously its lame as its about 2 paragrahs on a piece of paper the size of a cue card

The bonus disc is a welcome addition though so fans of the show will enjoy that.

The most annoying thing for me about this boxset is the inconsistencies in the quality of the visuals when they were transferred onto the DVD format. For example: Season 1 Disc 1...looks great with no grain effects on screen. Season 1 Disc 2-3 though are a mess of grainy textures, black marks flickering on the screen and general shoddy video quality. Truth be told I haven't progressed past the first season (although I've seen them all before) so I'm not sure if the poor video quality will continue. I hope not as its truly a great show.

UPDATE: I should note that after having watched Season 2 and just starting Season 3 the shoddy video quality that plagued Season 1 has been fixed on later seasons (or so it seems). i would update my review to 5-stars if not for 1 other thing I failed to notice initially...

The episode guide that was included in previous versions of the boxset is no longer included as of the time of my purchase (May 2010). Beyond the actual show names on the back of each box there is absolutely no description as to what each show features anywhere in the package. Not cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun, Aug. 3 2009
Harmony K. (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I dismissed this series as junk for teenage girls. Then I saw FireFly and loved it, and decided to give Joss Whedon another look. I got this series at Amazon.com for US$70 + $7 shipping on a Gold Box sale. I totally loved it. I'm listening to Stephenie Meyer's 4 Twilight audiobooks these days too and I can tell you, Buffy is a lot funnier and has a lot more action. Anyway, even at Amazon.ca's prices, this is worth buying.

Oh yes, I love the packaging. It takes only half as much room on my shelf as the Xena or Farscape or X-Files collections, even though it's more hours of fun than any of those. I wish all these "complete series" sets came packaged like that.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest shows EVER. Period., June 10 2010
V. Buttino (Toronto) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I've been absolutely in love with this show since S1. I had collected all of the seasons on DVD since they started coming out but unfortunately I had a serious lapse of judgement one day and decided to sell them all on ebay. My only consolation was that I got good money for them. One of my local TV channels was having a BtVS marathon a couple weekends ago and that made me feel really nostalgic because I remember being so excited on Tuesday nights, waiting for each new episode to air.

I ordered the complete boxed set as soon as the marathon was through because I knew I couldn't live without this show. It was a mistake to sell my original collection. I admit that much LOL Just received my package yesterday and I am in love all over again :D This collection is well worth the money even if you're a casual fan of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars its perfect, Loved every minute, Aug. 29 2009
Eric Graham "maverick" (canada) - See all my reviews
What a perfect set of dvds all in one box. packaging was good. No dvds scratched. watched from beginning to end no problems what so ever.
I totally would recomend this product to any buffy fan who doesnt own the series yet.

loved it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of steep price, Sept. 8 2010
The same product was recently posted by Amazon at $99.99, but it has shot up almost 200% to its current listed price. Certainly not worth almost $300. Admittedly, it was partly my fault as I had it it my cart for several weeks before going to complete the purchase. Couldn't believe the new price. Suggest you look around and you will find other major retailers that carry the same item for $99.99, as I did today at HMV. Bought it immediately! Good product for about a hundred bucks. With the current price - lousy deal.

Buyer beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Addictive Dark Fantasy Show, Feb. 13 2010
Stephanie M. Salmond (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This tv series does not disappoint in the areas of drama, action and comedy. Each season is equally good, and the evolution of the characters is subtle and well done. As a teenager I looked up to Buffy as a role model, someone who makes mistakes but can still kick butt, and I would say that is still true today. You will find that this show leaves you with the feeling that you spent your money wisely, as you will likely watch it again and again. And you'll definitely need to read the graphic novels that follow the end of season 7.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›