5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Collection Set
Published on Dec 1 2005

This set is simply a package of all 7 seasons, this is not a re-dition of The Chosen Collection. Therefore there is no bonus disc, booklets etc. etc. ... Amazon description is slightly misleading as it mentions The Chosen Collection and not this one.

Otherwise this is a great inexpensive set of all the seasons of Buffy!
Published 21 months ago by Martin Pilon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Collection Set, Dec 1 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection (Bilingual 40 Disc DVD Set) (Seasons 1-7) (DVD)
Buffy: The Chosen Collection - This is a very nice boxset. I recieved it just two days ago and I have to say that I'm very impressed by the overall packaging. The white and blood dripped box looks great on my shelf. The box itself is fairly small too and is about as high as a regular upright dvd boxset. This is mainly because of the fact that all of the 7 Buffy Seasons have now been compacted into tiny little DVD Booklets inside the set. Each little Season Booklet has it's own pictured theme, and they are all numbered and stacked on top of one another inside the box.
Including in the set, there's also a short letter by Joss Whedon (The creator of Buffy), and a full Synopsis Booklet, which lists all of the episodes of the series featured in this set (with a brief summary of them inside and on which disc they are located on.)
The only 'con' that I can really think up for this set are probably of those individual dvd booklets that you get. They can be a little flimsy at times and can break easily if you're not careful. But besides that, the design for the 'Chosen Collection' is great and compact enough to fit all of the 7 Seasons of Buffy on your shelf quite easily.
For the fans that already own all of the 7 Seasons, this might not be a good buy for you. All of the content on the discs are the same as the previous releases (even the disc labels themselves), with the exception of the new bonus disc that is just exclusive to this set alone. The bonus disc totals to about 2-3 hours of new extras that are, while great, but nothing amazing. Atleast not amazing enough to spend another $200 on anyway.
On the other hand, this is a great buy for those that have seen the show, but have never gotten around to actually buying any of the seasons. Also, you're going to be saving a little over a $100 if you buy this collection set rather than buying all of 7 Seasons seperately (that is, if Amazon doesn't decide to jack up the prices).
If you've never seen the show, then give it shot and catch a few reruns or rent a couple of episodes first. But I guarantee you that this is definitely a 'must have' show that you won't want to miss out on, even if you still can't get past the silly name.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Thing, Jan. 15 2006
I DO own this set, and let me tell you, having them individually, well, its not even comparable. With a cool set-up/lay out, all 7 seasons coem together to form a picture of the cast. The bonus disk is hilarious, and interesting. It comes with a neat note from Joss, and it is worth the price. I got it for christmas, and it has changed my life!!! I love it so much, and I watch it almost every day. I recommend this as a MUST MUST MUST for ANY Buffyverse fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful this is not a re-edition of The Chosen Collection., Nov. 22 2012
Martin Pilon - See all my reviews

Otherwise this is a great inexpensive set of all the seasons of Buffy!

5.0 out of 5 stars This consumed my life, Jan. 10 2014
Mandy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After purchasing this collection I utterly lost control over my own life due to my obsession. Things got pretty rough, but I had Buffy to get me through it.

In all honesty, the box is inconveniently designed and does not conform well to any sort of storage system, but you don't really have to keep it. The seasons are in their own units. It's not like it matters anyway. You can't hold that against this art.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buffy Review, April 24 2012
I received this product quickly, and the disks are in good working order so far. I've been watching all of them, and am on season 4 already!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, Jan. 14 2012
Great series nice packaging for the series. my daughter is a big fan and could not wait to start watching.
Need more series

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-own collection, Nov. 17 2005
Although I don't have this particular collection of the Buffy series (and don't think I don't want it!), I do own all 7 individual seasons. I don't know how they expected us to wait until this complete series set, so I suppose they expect us to buy the whole series all over again.
Buffy is one of the best TV shows ever made. The brain-child of Joss Whedon (genius extraordinaire and creator of Firefly and the Buffy spin-off Angel), this show is intelligent, witty, creative, unique, sophisticated, literary, funny, and genre-bending. Its use of supernatural elements as metaphors for real life are inspired, the writing is brilliant and original, Joss takes risks with the format of the show (one episode is almost entirely without dialogue, one is a musical, one is without any music, and the main character dies twice), and the actors are all phenomenal. Sarah Michelle Gellar as the eponymous vampire slayer and James Marsters as one of the unslain vampires are probably the two best actors, and their scenes together are magic.
There's action, romance, horror, high school, death, mayhem, violence, psychology, and emotional rollercoasters gallore. I don't know if this set has all the specific extras from the 7 individual seasons, but there are some new featurettes on this box set that haven't been seen before.
If the price scares you, I suggest you start with one of the 7 seasons and keep buying until eventually you own them all. Trust me, they are more than worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Aug. 23 2011
I love this! It came in perfect condition and as soon as I put the first disc in I have been hooked! I cant stop watching it! I used to love this show when I was younger so since I didnt remember it too much I decided to give it a try and its actually really entertaining. So glad I purchased it!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an absolute STEAL! Minus some glitches..., Nov. 20 2007
Paige Turner (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
I am a HUGE fan of Buffy, and I hadn't already splurged to buy the complete seasons, so this was a perfect set to satisfy my craving. The box does indeed look wonderful on a shelf, and it isn't overly space consuming (although it was larger than I had expected after reading other reviews).
I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about how each disc is set up, is that there is no option to "play all episodes"; so if you want to watch them in order, you need to routinely refer back to the "chosen collection" booklet to ensure that you're choosing the right one.

5.0 out of 5 stars best show ever, Nov. 11 2011
We all know how amazing buffy is. It would be nice to see a review of the "set". What is the difference b/w this set and the chosen collection? The chosen collection is more expensive...why?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›