5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Collection Set
Published on Dec 1 2005

This set is simply a package of all 7 seasons, this is not a re-dition of The Chosen Collection. Therefore there is no bonus disc, booklets etc. etc. ... Amazon description is slightly misleading as it mentions The Chosen Collection and not this one.

Otherwise this is a great inexpensive set of all the seasons of Buffy!
Published 22 months ago by Martin Pilon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful this is not a re-edition of The Chosen Collection., Nov. 22 2012
Martin Pilon - See all my reviews

Otherwise this is a great inexpensive set of all the seasons of Buffy!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Collection Set, Dec 1 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection (Bilingual 40 Disc DVD Set) (Seasons 1-7) (DVD)
Buffy: The Chosen Collection - This is a very nice boxset. I recieved it just two days ago and I have to say that I'm very impressed by the overall packaging. The white and blood dripped box looks great on my shelf. The box itself is fairly small too and is about as high as a regular upright dvd boxset. This is mainly because of the fact that all of the 7 Buffy Seasons have now been compacted into tiny little DVD Booklets inside the set. Each little Season Booklet has it's own pictured theme, and they are all numbered and stacked on top of one another inside the box.
Including in the set, there's also a short letter by Joss Whedon (The creator of Buffy), and a full Synopsis Booklet, which lists all of the episodes of the series featured in this set (with a brief summary of them inside and on which disc they are located on.)
The only 'con' that I can really think up for this set are probably of those individual dvd booklets that you get. They can be a little flimsy at times and can break easily if you're not careful. But besides that, the design for the 'Chosen Collection' is great and compact enough to fit all of the 7 Seasons of Buffy on your shelf quite easily.
For the fans that already own all of the 7 Seasons, this might not be a good buy for you. All of the content on the discs are the same as the previous releases (even the disc labels themselves), with the exception of the new bonus disc that is just exclusive to this set alone. The bonus disc totals to about 2-3 hours of new extras that are, while great, but nothing amazing. Atleast not amazing enough to spend another $200 on anyway.
On the other hand, this is a great buy for those that have seen the show, but have never gotten around to actually buying any of the seasons. Also, you're going to be saving a little over a $100 if you buy this collection set rather than buying all of 7 Seasons seperately (that is, if Amazon doesn't decide to jack up the prices).
If you've never seen the show, then give it shot and catch a few reruns or rent a couple of episodes first. But I guarantee you that this is definitely a 'must have' show that you won't want to miss out on, even if you still can't get past the silly name.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Thing, Jan. 15 2006
I DO own this set, and let me tell you, having them individually, well, its not even comparable. With a cool set-up/lay out, all 7 seasons coem together to form a picture of the cast. The bonus disk is hilarious, and interesting. It comes with a neat note from Joss, and it is worth the price. I got it for christmas, and it has changed my life!!! I love it so much, and I watch it almost every day. I recommend this as a MUST MUST MUST for ANY Buffyverse fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an absolute STEAL! Minus some glitches..., Nov. 20 2007
Paige Turner (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
I am a HUGE fan of Buffy, and I hadn't already splurged to buy the complete seasons, so this was a perfect set to satisfy my craving. The box does indeed look wonderful on a shelf, and it isn't overly space consuming (although it was larger than I had expected after reading other reviews).
I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about how each disc is set up, is that there is no option to "play all episodes"; so if you want to watch them in order, you need to routinely refer back to the "chosen collection" booklet to ensure that you're choosing the right one.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Loved the Series, so I Bought it!, May 20 2014
Exactly what they described
Minus Missing Episodes in Later Seasons.
Like MacGuyver - It's most likely the result of the government banning some episodes from being
shown/sold in North America due to their content & the times we live in.
It's true, you can read about on the web from reputable sources
Not the fault of the Seller.
Exactly what they promised
Exactly why I bought it from them
I'm very satisfied!
More than enough reasons!

5.0 out of 5 stars This consumed my life, Jan. 10 2014
Mandy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After purchasing this collection I utterly lost control over my own life due to my obsession. Things got pretty rough, but I had Buffy to get me through it.

In all honesty, the box is inconveniently designed and does not conform well to any sort of storage system, but you don't really have to keep it. The seasons are in their own units. It's not like it matters anyway. You can't hold that against this art.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buffy Review, April 24 2012
I received this product quickly, and the disks are in good working order so far. I've been watching all of them, and am on season 4 already!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, Jan. 14 2012
Great series nice packaging for the series. my daughter is a big fan and could not wait to start watching.
Need more series

5.0 out of 5 stars In every generation, there is a chosen one..., Aug. 17 2007
The first ever episode that I attempted to watch of Buffy was Buffy vs. Dracula - I changed the channel within five minutes. My thinking was that that little blonde girl would never believably get the better of Dracula. However, one of my friends could not stop going on about how brilliant it was. Her exact quote was that it was "Twin Peaks good" (in our language that means it's exceptional). Therefore, I gave it another go and watched the first and second seasons back to back over a weekend.

The first season was not in any way startling, but it intrigued me enough to carry on watching. Needless to say, as soon as I saw Spike crash his car into the Sunnydale sign, I was hooked.

Buffy is a fantastic, well-written show (Joss Whedon may just be one of the best screenwriters out there) that is filled with brilliant and diverse characters. Apart from the main Scoobies, (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Willow the Witch, Giles the Watcher and Xander the funny one with no powers) you also have OZ the stoic werewolf and Anya the ex vengeance demon, with a very literal turn of phrase. However, my favourite character is Spike, the punk vampire who has killed two vampire slayers and threatens to do evil deeds but is never that successful. In addition, Spike always manages to turn up in time to make insightful suggestions or to make good guys feel better about themselves despite his evil nature (and to put a girly point on it - the man just oozes sex). All of these characters enrich the show with their very unique sense of humour. Futhermore, their relationships with other characters in the show are as compelling as they are heartbreaking.

Each season has its share of fantastic, groundbreaking episodes. Hush, in season four is an almost completely silent episode while the all-singing, all-dancing episode - Once more with feeling adds some spice to season six.

Artistically, it should have ended after Season Five when Buffy dies by throwing herself by into a force field of mystical energy to save her sister's life, but who cares about art. Would you have really missed out on Evil Willow or the Spike/Buffy relationship?

I have a few issues with the way it ended. Firstly, it got a bit too bleak and depressing in Season Seven. They killed off Spike (but it's Ok he turns up in Angel Season Five so I can just about live with that). Moreover, the way Anya dies - that girl deserved a better death after putting up with non-committal Xander all those years. Nevertheless, the last season did have its moments, the graphics in season finale are amazing and the RJ obsessed episode was one of the funniest Buffy episodes ever (the image of Spike stopping Buffy from killing the Principal Wood with a rocket-launcher is hilarious).

Yeah, you may argue that Buffy and Angel banging on about how they can't truly love each other can get annoying at times but it does not alter the fact that Buffy is best teenage drama ever shown on our screens and I wasn't even a teenager when I started watching it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOve Buffy! Its The best tv serieS ever, Aug. 30 2014
im very impressed with this purchase.. LOve Buffy ! Its The best tv serieS ever !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›