Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on December 26, 2003
I really can't believe it. I've waited for so long for this DVD and now I know that it is a "edited version" of the original film. WHAT? I should buy a cutted version of the movie? Are you crazy? Selling this, Walt Disney is fooling us all. It's like to buy a "Mona Lisa" by Leonardo da Vinci with just the face and without the body, the hands and the mountains. I wonder what you guys had in mind. One of the most beautiful film ruined by someone without brain. They' ve even cut some scenes!!! I'm sorry for Amazon, but I hope nobody will buy this dvd until the Disney band will reflect on their deeds and their sins. And this is even a special edition, yeah, a special trick. And someone still wonder why people keep downloading the films in internet...
on August 1, 2003
This movie is a classic. A cherished Christmas tradition at my house. You can always rely on the Muppets for some entertainment, but this is one of the best. Now, you would think such a classic would get decent DVD treatment, right? Wrong. Disney has decided to release this movie edited. That's right -- 25% of the picture is cut off from the sides to fit a standard television. If only the correct Widescreen version had been offered. Forget about black bars -- with widescreen, you can see a movie the way it was meant to be seen!
on November 13, 2002
I am very disapointed with this dvd and also Muppet Treasure Island...both of which Disney chose not to release in widescreen at all. These are Full Screen only movies in their current DVD form. I can just watch the VHS copies I ahve if I wanted Full Screen. The other Muppet movies published by Columbia/Tristar contain both widescreen and full screen, so I don't know why these are not in widescreen. I will hold out on buying them until they are, however.
on January 7, 2010
The movie probably is a good movie, it's my DVD that is bad. We tried to watch it on Christmas eve but it was scratched right out of the jewel case. It would not play properly at any part of the DVD. I would buy this at a local outlet or one that you can return it for a refund or exchange.
on October 8, 1999
Mom, Dad, isn't this cool, now everybody in the world is going to see what I wrote down. This means that someone in India will read this stuff.