4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 'live' albums in recent times
Published on Dec 29 2005 by rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent album, but not her best.
Published on Oct. 17 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 'live' albums in recent times, Dec 29 2005
rose (Markham, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unplugged (Audio CD)
After hearing this album probably more than 50 times from start to finish, it still continues to give me the same sense of feeling as when I first listened to it. I'm not the biggest fan of Alicia Keys, but if there is something that comes from this album, it's that the girl can entertain and she can damn well sing. MTV made a good choice in choosing Alicia Keys as the first artist for their Unplugged series in three years. Her voice is strong throughout the show, her backup singers show potential as well, definitely seen in tracks like 'If I was your Woman' and 'Diaries'. What I think the album lacks are full tracks, most of the tracks are just cuts of her songs such as just verses or the chorus. The only full track that I can recall is the Rolling Stones' cover 'Wild Horses' with nasal Adam Levine. Fortunately, the Maroon 5 lead singer does not ruin this cover, but it's definitely Alicia that takes up a level. Her best track is "If I was your Woman". You can definitely feel her singing it. Of the countless live albums out in stores now, this one of the best in recent memory. Worth the money and even makes you take interest in the artists featured on album such as Common, Mos Def and Damian Marley, three talented artists in their own respect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent album, but not her best., Oct. 17 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Unplugged (Audio CD)
I am a huge Alicia Keys fan. She's one of the few that combines raw talent and beauty. However, I find that while this Unplugged CD is NICE, it's not something I would go 'wow', or go out and tell people to get it. It's decent--no surprises. She does the intros very well. As a piano player myself I certainly appreciate her mixing classical music to her brand of soulful songs, but this album lacks SOUL...I like it overall, but her very first album is by far the best of all.

ARRAY(0xbcfe9590)

Unplugged
Unplugged by Alicia Keys (Audio CD - 2005)