Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Canada Cup 1976 (Bobby Clarke & Darryl Sittler Cover)
Format: DVDChange
Price:$49.95+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
Even worse than the quality of the video (OK, I get it was 1976 but it's just average as far as '70s hockey pic quality on some of the games) is the skewed focus on the tournament itself? I am Canadian (no, this is not a segue into a Molson Chemical Swill commercial), but let's see some of the other non-Team Canada games, too. I want the Finland 8-Sweden 6 full highlights at least! I mean, playing in Winnipeg in 1976 where guys like the New York Rangers' Anders Hedberg and Ulf Nilsson were making their return to the city where they began their North American pro careers. Sweden 2-Czech 1: A come-from-behind win in the third period on two Borje Salming goals. Czech 4-USA 4: A game that had six goals in one period.

Sure, I want the focus on Canada but it's a "Canada Cup '76" DVD, and it should not just be on "Team Canada '76."

Totally bogus and hugely disappointing despite my being a huge Bobby Orr fan and I did enjoy seeing how good he was on basically one good leg by 1976.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the actual games, but I wanted to see the entire tournament not just the Team Canada games. (In fact back in 1976 I seem to recall paying a whopping $15 a month [equivalent to over $47 in 2010 dollars] for TSN which started just so I could see the other games.)

The box set comes with a mini-reproduction of the bilingual 1976 Canada Cup program and has some very cool vintage color pics.
There are two different slide covers (one with Orr and Denis Potvin, the other with Bobby Clarke and Darryl Sittler). The discs inside are exactly the same so don't go crazy and buy both box sets thinking you're getting something different with each.
The games on the set are:
Canada vs. USA, Sweden, Czechoslovakia (group game + the two in the Final) and USSR. The bonus feature includes both the English and French versions of the documentary on the tournament and luckily both have slightly different highlights.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again