5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
If you are looking for a slick, Hollywoo-style movie, skip this one: you'll be disappointed. But the loss will be yours: Leonardo Defilippis, the film director, is known for productions that are trim, simple and elegant. The film is rich in symbolism and meaning. Watch it more than once, and messages previously missed clearly emerge.
Published on July 27 2008 by Laval49

3.0 out of 5 stars A Movie on St. Therese: a Mission Impossible!
It is impossible to show Therese's life on a single DVD. At the time I am writing this, two other reviews were written, one rating 1 star, the other 5 stars. Both are right!

Published on Aug. 19 2008 by S. Benders

3.0 out of 5 stars A Movie on St. Therese: a Mission Impossible!, Aug. 19 2008
S. Benders (Edmonton, AB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Therese (DVD)

The 5 star review is right, because ultimately for me the question would be: does this movie lift my heart up to God? And I must answer, without hesitation, yes! I love St. Therese dearly and even more so after this movie. Many things I know from Therese's letters are in the movie. They try to depict as much as they can, and especially when you catch what the makers of the DVD are referring to, you'll love Therese all the more, because you are seriously taken into her life.

However, the 1 star review is also right. During the movie, I thought that a 10 hour movie would be a lot better. The scenes skip very fast and I think only with the proper knowledge of her life, you'll really get something out of the movie, because you only need a few images to bring back what you know about this Little Saint. Scenes I had been looking forward to, like her taking her vows (as well as many others!), are so short, you do feel a little disappointed.

Still, this movie was made with love and respect for St. Therese. If you love her as well, and can suffer some disappointment, then I suggest buying it. If you are looking for the perfect movie on St. Therese, skip this one, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 27 2008
Laval49 (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Therese, March 2 2013
Lorshel (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Therese (DVD)
This is a lovely presentation of the life of St. Therese of Liseiux. It shows her as an ordinary child and young woman and how anyone can become a saint. The main requirement is to love God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thérèse once said “I shall spend my heaven doing good on earth”, Oct. 11 2014
This review is from: Therese (DVD)
Thérèse once said “I shall spend my heaven doing good on earth”. This movie, though not a technical or artistic masterpiece (make no mistake: it's not a turkey either - far from it!), is definitely a window through which the Little Flower, nowadays, poors out the graces of God upon us. I can personally bear witness to it. Sainte Thérèse de Lisieux, keep interceeding for us. Amen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Beautiful, March 25 2010
This review is from: Therese (DVD)
At last! A faithful and well-constructed film on the soul so dedicated to loving the Lord Jesus and Him alone. She showed the ultimate dimension which the regenerated humanity can manifest the love for God in this life. I highly recommend this movie, along with her autobiography, to every follower of Christ.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quaint, June 2 2014
This review is from: Therese (DVD)
This movie lacks depth, it is the story of Therese we all know, nothing new. It could have been fleshed out with more dialogue and complexity. A little hard to believe. Nice costumes and setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Therese, April 29 2014
Latindancer (Calgary, Ab., Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Therese (DVD)
The true story of one of the Roman Catholic Church's very revered saints is depicted as close as possible to the life of this beautiful and very humble of God's creations. This is a poignant story which will tear at your heart and leave a lasting impression on your soul.

1.0 out of 5 stars JUST AWFUL!., March 8 2008
Sassy Lass (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Therese (DVD)
I was looking forward to enjoying this movie, but it proved to be one disappointing scene after another. The film just races through scene after scene giving no focus on the characters for any given time at all. Not to mention, the acting was incredibly painful to watch. There was more $$ invested on the costumes and set rather than on good, convincing actors.

Therese
Therese by Leonardo Defilippis (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 29.85