5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is the way to go
The movie was ok, but What impressed me most was the service. I believe I purchased a used product, but it was shipped to me in "like new" condition, cellophane wrapped and everything. Excellent condition. It did take a little longer than previous products, but it was worth the wait. Thank you!!
Published 11 months ago by alisecole

1.0 out of 5 stars not dubbed in French
I bought it because it was supposed to be bilingual(English/French), but this film is in English/Spanish and not dubbed into any other language. And sound track English 5.1 DTS
does not work, just the 2.0 Dolby digital.
Published 5 months ago by Busterman

1.0 out of 5 stars not dubbed in French, Jan. 25 2014
This review is from: Fantastic Four (Widescreen) (Bilingual) (DVD)
does not work, just the 2.0 Dolby digital.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, worth the price but no more, Aug. 1 2013
This review is from: Fantastic Four (Widescreen) (Bilingual) (DVD)
It's missing some parts of scenes! For any fan of the movie, you'll notice some scenes are only partially there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad description, this BLURAY is NOT Bilangual, July 8 2014
This review is from: Fantastic Four [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Ive bought this because it show the pocket as bilangual French and English and its English and Spanish.
I cant return it because it's already open and it would cost me more than the price it cost me.

Really disappointed

3.0 out of 5 stars Never liked them..., Jan. 21 2014
Simon Bergeron - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The original cut was far inferior in terms of story (an irony since the director's name is Story...) so this extended edition (not available on Blu-ray yet, we're in 2014) features close to 20-30 minutes more of action, character moments and such. This doesn't make it a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it does make for an okay one. At least it was better than the original cut.

All special features presented on disc 2 are NOT available on blu-ray either so if you contemplate buying the blu, and if special features are really your bag, then this edition may be the best bet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is the way to go, Aug. 6 2013
This review is from: Fantastic Four (Widescreen) (Bilingual) (DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Man, oh, man was I disappointed with this movie!, Jan. 5 2006
This review is from: Fantastic Four (Widescreen) (Bilingual) (DVD)
OK, it wasn't terrible by any means, but they had so much to do with this film and the comic book was amazing! The comic had everything from aliens to explosions to sci-fi thriller action! And this is what we get? As well, Doctor Doom was a very evil villian but the development was frighteningly bad!
OK, first off, the SFX are nothing but OK. When Mr. Fantastic alides his hand under the door, you can just tell it's fake. I was deeply disappointed. And the thing's costume! What the *&%$ were they thinking??!!! It looks like a Barney gone bad! It could have been so much better. I must say though the scene on the bridge was amazing. The way they did it using at metal pole to test exactly how the truck would be crushed... cool. One star for that.
The story was kinda screwed up and convaluted; I couldn't tell if the story was mainly about the Four or the battle between them and Doc Doom. But it kind of payed off in the end with the big final battle. Another half star for that.
The acting was pretty good overall, Mr. Fantastic probably wouldn't have done that toilet paper thing, though. Minus one half star. But, the half star will go back for the acting job on the Thing.
Over all, I wouldn't spend more than ten dollars for this DVD, but different people have different opinions. I personally didn't enjoy it all that much.
P.S. When Ben Grimm's wife comes out, she looks like some sort of hooker with the short PJ's. Poo. Minus one of the stars; so sad. It could have been average. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MOVIE, GREAT DVD, Aug. 13 2007
When I first saw this movie back in '05 I was so suprised, I loved it. I then got the single disk DVD for Christmas of that year whicj was very hight quality when it comes to audio, video, and extras. Then when I heard that an extneded edition was coing out to go with the new movie is was so excited. When I bought it I saw that the extras were great. I like that at has both the theatrical and extened versions since most extended edition, unrated vesions, and director's cut DVDs don't. The extra footage is great and there are a lot of new scenes (20 minutes). My only problem with it is that they don't edited the original footage to make the new stuff fit and make sence. For example when Reed and Sue are on their "date" they pretty much have the same scene twice, but it's no big deal.

Then there is the second disc. The extras are terrific. The "Heroes are born" documentary is very informative. It discusses how they shot certain scenes, ideas behind the movie and each member of the four as well as Doom get a lot of behind the scenes stuff (a segment that is about 15 minutes long each). There are also features about the comic book, a documentary about the history of the comic book including information about how it has changed through the decades. Then there is a docementary about Jack Kirby. All in all the extras on this DVD are great.

I would have to say the Fantastic Four: Extended Edition is one of the best DVDs I've seen on a long time. Not only is the movie great the extras are outstanding. This is an early contender for best DVD of the year (but Serenity Collecor's Edition is still yet to come).

1.0 out of 5 stars This is really terrible!, Dec 24 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Fantastic Four (Widescreen) (Bilingual) (DVD)
I find it difficult to write a review of this movie, because my brain so quickly rejected memories of this dud. I generally like the "comic book" genre movies, but Fantastic Four is a terrible effort. Stupid, predictable, boring, with so-so special effects sprinkled with occasional excruciating attempts at comedy. Do not waste your time. It is not worth even the one star rating, but I can't rate it lower.

4.0 out of 5 stars F4 not so bad, Dec 29 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Fantastic Four (Widescreen) (Bilingual) (DVD)
I've never sent a review on a movie before...but in this case I felt I really had to. To somewhat balance the reviews.
Keep in mind as you read this that I, as a child, loved Fantastic Four comics. So, as an adult now I was a disappointed in this movie at first...why? Becuz I loved Batman Begins that I just happened to see during the same week. I compared that amazing movie to this one...even though in all honesty I expected it to be more comparable to Spidey. I tried to compare it to Spidey after...primarily becuz its hard for any current movie to reach BB status. Maybe future movies will as they hopefully use BB as a benchmark.
I'd rate this FF movie a 3.5 if I could. Why higher then the other reviewers? Because my disappointment changed to an 'its ok' status when I saw a group of children really enjoy this movie. Reminding me of my childhood and the new wonder and awe of seeing super powers in action. Plus the special effects weren't too bad. Its great to see the powers of FF go from a comic book drawing to an actual action we can see on a big screen. And I'm also a Star Wars fan who wanted to so enjoy the final 'Revenge' movie this yr but didn't becuz of the lame plot/acting. Again many people would argue that they love it for this and other reasons. Its all in the viewer's perception.

4.0 out of 5 stars decent superhero film,though not of the epic scale (3.5/5), Aug. 17 2007
This review is from: Fantastic Four (Widescreen) (Bilingual) (DVD)
this movie was certainly entertaining,although it felt a bit incomplete
somehow.it is certainly not a movie you would call epic,by any means.it
is much more low key than your typical blockbuster movie,i.e the Spider
Man or X-Men series.i believe the filmmakers were going for blockbuster
status,but the film did not reach that level.from both a critical and
artistic standpoint,this movie was received lukewarmly at best(although
some critics and fans praised it.)one of the problems is that the story
could have been developed better.the filmmakers focused more on style
than substance.the special effects were pretty decent,although at times
they were a little hokey.this is probably due to the relatively low
budget of 80 million dollars.also some of the dialogue was cringe
worthy at times.however,the acting was solid,their was plenty of action
and the film was not boring.However,like i said,the story was
sacrificed for style.despite a few flaws,this film was relatively
well made.for me,Fantastic Four gets a 3.5/5

Fantastic Four (Widescreen) (Bilingual)
CDN$ 16.98 CDN$ 5.00