4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, April 7 2012
Nat L - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
I bought this to use to with my Garmin Forerunner 305 and now it's fitted to the bike it works great and I find it really useful. I did, however, find it a bit messy to fit. It comprises of three parts - the sensor, the pedal magnet and the spoke magnet. At first I thought that I was missing one part because the two magnets stuck to each other. On reflection, I suppose it's pretty obvious that this would happen but at the time it took me a little time to realise this.

The included instructions are not very clear but I did find a video showing how to attach it to the bike. Just search youtube for "Garmin Edge 800 Cadence sensor install."

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, Aug. 7 2013
yatabewh (Nepean, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
I had no problems installing it on my Bianchi Infinito. Paired successfully with both my Garmin 305 and Garmin 910XT. Seems to be working well. It may not be as nice and slim as the integrated sensor on my Giant since it has an ugly moveable swing arm to precisesly posittion the wheel sensor, but it certainly does the job quite well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool for cycling, Jan. 23 2012
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
There's not much else to say about this device except it's a very useful tool to measure your RPM/Speed/Distance both outdoors and when indoors on a trainer. If you're into cycling training, you would definitely benefit from using this product. I paired it with my Garmin Foreunner 305 and it works like a charm!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke down twice. Now Garmin won't replace., March 29 2014
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
The unit is fine as long as you are not taking it out in bad conditions. My first unit got wet and was damaged. The battery would only hold a charge for one ride before it needed to be replaced. Apparently this is a common problem but found out too late. The device can't hold up to water too well and gets ruined. Anyway, I only found this out by googling the problem and by then my second device had broken.

The worst part of my experience is that the product is under warranty but Garmin doesn't want to replace it. They keep mentioning in the emails they send that they will fix it but want further detail. They keep asking stupid questions and don't want to send a replacement. I'm feed up with them. I'm now trying to fix myself.

Stay away from Garmin. The products are great when working but if they fail.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Speed sensor didn't last very long, Feb. 6 2014
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
I used it for 5 months then the speed sensor died. The cadence was still ok. Garmin sent me a replacement which failed the same way after 4 months. Should I call them again? Every 5 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Promised, Dec 20 2013
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
This unit is everything it is advertised to be and the battery lasts forever. Maybe one slight niggle is the mounting on some chain stays don't look as pretty as others (Wilier).

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be more consistent, Dec 13 2013
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
Even though I've only been using this product indoors on a trainer it has twwice mysteriously stopped registering speed/cadence. The first time I had to tweak the position of the pickup, the second time it didn't recover until I removed and replaced the battery. That's twice in 9 rides - not exactly very reliable. When it works, it works well. I'm not looking forward to how this will work when exposed to the rigors of road riding. Unfortunately although ANT+ is a standard followed by a few manufacturers, this is about the only ANT+ compliant speed/cadence sensor - there is one other made by Bryton I believe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, July 29 2013
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
The product works perfectly. Easy to install and I haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. Works perfectly whether I'm on the kinetic trainer or actually on the road. A must have for those who want to take cycling seriously.

4.0 out of 5 stars ., July 5 2013
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
Cadeau que mon mari voulait pour la fête des pères. Très satisfaits du temps de livraison ainsi que du produit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect speed/cadence sensor for any ANT device., June 18 2013
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
Easy to install and calibrate. Works very well with any ant compatible device. I use it with an ironman global trainer watch and it sync whithout any issues.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›