4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful
Published on April 7 2012 by Nat L

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke down twice. Now Garmin won't replace.
Published 16 months ago by Herder4444

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke down twice. Now Garmin won't replace., March 29 2014
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
The unit is fine as long as you are not taking it out in bad conditions. My first unit got wet and was damaged. The battery would only hold a charge for one ride before it needed to be replaced. Apparently this is a common problem but found out too late. The device can't hold up to water too well and gets ruined. Anyway, I only found this out by googling the problem and by then my second device had broken.

The worst part of my experience is that the product is under warranty but Garmin doesn't want to replace it. They keep mentioning in the emails they send that they will fix it but want further detail. They keep asking stupid questions and don't want to send a replacement. I'm feed up with them. I'm now trying to fix myself.

Stay away from Garmin. The products are great when working but if they fail.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, April 7 2012
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
I bought this to use to with my Garmin Forerunner 305 and now it's fitted to the bike it works great and I find it really useful. I did, however, find it a bit messy to fit. It comprises of three parts - the sensor, the pedal magnet and the spoke magnet. At first I thought that I was missing one part because the two magnets stuck to each other. On reflection, I suppose it's pretty obvious that this would happen but at the time it took me a little time to realise this.

The included instructions are not very clear but I did find a video showing how to attach it to the bike. Just search youtube for "Garmin Edge 800 Cadence sensor install."

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is supposed to for a low price, Sept. 18 2011
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
I ride a hybrid bike for commuting and training for triathlons. The cadence sensor works perfectly. I had to install the sensor over the hydraulic cable for the rear disc brake. It came with a U-shaped anti-slip foam that goes between the sensor and the frame. With that piece of foam, I didn't have to move the cable. It installed easily over the cable. I bought it to bring my cadence up and it has been really helpful.
P.S. I absolutely love hydraulic disc brakes. Best safety feature ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, Aug. 7 2013
yatabewh (Nepean, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
I had no problems installing it on my Bianchi Infinito. Paired successfully with both my Garmin 305 and Garmin 910XT. Seems to be working well. It may not be as nice and slim as the integrated sensor on my Giant since it has an ugly moveable swing arm to precisesly posittion the wheel sensor, but it certainly does the job quite well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool for cycling, Jan. 23 2012
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
There's not much else to say about this device except it's a very useful tool to measure your RPM/Speed/Distance both outdoors and when indoors on a trainer. If you're into cycling training, you would definitely benefit from using this product. I paired it with my Garmin Foreunner 305 and it works like a charm!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but wonky adjustment, June 15 2013
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
It is great to have the cadence and speed data for my bike with this item. Both features were critical when riding on a trainer. By only ever adjusting my gearing and not the tension on the trainer, the speed was indicative of the power I was producing, without needing an expensive power meter. The cadence is critical both riding outdoors and on the trainer. I rely on it to make sure that I am riding in the correct gear by maintaining the proper cadence and HR regardless of conditions. My issue with this item is that the sensor is quite sensitive to small adjustments in the positioning of the sensor. I have had to re-adjust several times in the months that I have been using it and it's a huge pain to stop the group to fiddle with the placement, for example.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, except for battery life, May 31 2012
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
I was really excited to get this product in mail. During the winters and once a week during the summer, I bike on my trainer in the basement. Up until this point, I never had any clue about how far or how fast I was going. This product has improved by basement training tremendously. The set up was not very complicated. My only issue seems to be battery life. I don't know if the battery they provided was cheap (probably), but I needed to replace it about three months after I got it. We will see how long the new one lasts. This product is great if you are like me and alway need to know how fast and far you are going.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be more consistent, Dec 13 2013
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
Even though I've only been using this product indoors on a trainer it has twwice mysteriously stopped registering speed/cadence. The first time I had to tweak the position of the pickup, the second time it didn't recover until I removed and replaced the battery. That's twice in 9 rides - not exactly very reliable. When it works, it works well. I'm not looking forward to how this will work when exposed to the rigors of road riding. Unfortunately although ANT+ is a standard followed by a few manufacturers, this is about the only ANT+ compliant speed/cadence sensor - there is one other made by Bryton I believe.

2.0 out of 5 stars Speed sensor didn't last very long, Feb. 6 2014
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
I used it for 5 months then the speed sensor died. The cadence was still ok. Garmin sent me a replacement which failed the same way after 4 months. Should I call them again? Every 5 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, Jan. 8 2013
Arash Fallah (St. John's, Newfoundland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor (Sports)
Considering that all the LBS in my area are selling the same unit for twice the price, the purchase was a no-brainer!
The only downside of the product is lack of spare cable ties, specially if you make a mistake on the first time configuration. So if you have never fastened a Speed/Cadence sensor before, I suggest you take some extra cable ties as well. Other than that there is no shortcoming, the sensor was easily connected to my Garmin Forerunner 410 and the readings are as accurate as you want them to be. Overall, it is a good purchase

Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor