4.0 out of 5 stars Prenatal & Postnatal Pilates
Published on Feb. 10 2010 by S. Clare

2.0 out of 5 stars Taught by a non pregnant woman
Its a decent dvd but its taught by a woman who is clearly not pregnant and her partner in the video isn't pregnant either. Kinda strange as some of the poses she did a pregnant woman can definitely not do. Overall, its a fine dvd but I would recommend it more for postnatal not prenatal.
Published 10 months ago by Shanthi Vadnais

4.0 out of 5 stars Prenatal & Postnatal Pilates, Feb. 10 2010
S. Clare "sclare3" (Hamilton, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pilates Prenatal&Postnatal (DVD)
Like many other pregnant women, I've been feeling a little more bigger and a little more clumsy than I'd prefer to, so I thought I'd start doing some pilates, even though I am NOT active at all. I really liked this dvd because it isn't hard work, it goes by fast, I don't sweat, and you don't need to wear special clothes or use special equipment. In my opinion, it's not so much of a pilates video as a streching, almost yoga-like video. In fact, I use it every morning just after I literally roll out of bed... in my pj's and all. It helps me work out the kinks from sleeping. I recommend this dvd ONLY if you are like me and are seriously a beginner. It says it's for beginners and intermediate, but if you've ever worked out before, you'll probably get bored fast. At least there's some rooom for me to move up, but if you're already an intermediate, there's no challenge for you to strive for. So if you're a beginner who's looking for a really good stretch, then go for it, otherwise, there are plenty of other prenatal pilates dvds out there to challenge you!

2.0 out of 5 stars Taught by a non pregnant woman, Sept. 7 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing for me, Dec 29 2006
Jese Greenall (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pilates Prenatal&Postnatal (DVD)
I have never done pilates so i had no idea what to expect with this DVD. I have done the prenatal pilates section twice and felt dissapointed each time. It doesn't feel like a workout or strengthening at all and was too short. I didn't feel like i was working anything, especially my core. Perhaps i was doing it wrong, i was confused if i was supposed to be contracting the pelvic floor during the moves so i didn't. Also, in a workout video i prefer to have the instructor facing the camera and calling out left/rights so i can mirror. In this video it is mostly from this side, like on the cover. I also thought from the description that there are two levels, beginner and intermediate. This is not true, the menu is divided into pre and postnatal sections only. It would be helpful if there were variations offered for the moves to increase intensity. The benefits of this DVD are that it only takes 20 minutes and that it is inexpensive. I have not evaluated the postnatal section.

It is a canadian product and i would like to support that. So i encourage others to give it a try and leave their feedback, especailly those who have pilates experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Aug. 27 2008
A. Mair (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pilates Prenatal&Postnatal (DVD)
What a great purchase! This is a great workout to do first thing in the morning. It's also great for when you don't have time for a full 40 or 50 minute pre-natal cardio workout but want to do a little exercise. It's a good stretch and lets you know your muscles are still there. If you like yoga and are not looking for a cardio workout this is a great choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Postnatal, Jan. 12 2008
V. Flynn "Val" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pilates Prenatal&Postnatal (DVD)
I started using this workout about 6 weeks after having my baby and now at 11 weeks the muscle separation in my abs is completely gone and I feel strong again. Its only 20 minutes long so its easy to fit in during naptimes :).

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy, March 11 2010
Corissa Ford - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pilates Prenatal&Postnatal (DVD)
I found the video very short and rather easy. I am happy to have purchased it to add it to my workout routine, but it is a little too easy for me, even as a beginner. I am going to use this in combination with walking to get a full workout feel. It is very safe for the baby, slow paced, easy to follow, and easy.

Pilates Prenatal&Postnatal
Pilates Prenatal&Postnatal by DVD (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 9.85