5.0 out of 5 stars THE VOICE IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!
We had a longer wait for this album, but man was it worth it!!! She is singing her heart out on this album and getting closer to the "real" Mariah....more r&b and gospel. The Kanye West produced track "Stay the Night" is one of the best, along with JoyRide, Fly Like a Bird, Shake it off, well they are ALL AWESOME!!!
If you love Mariah, YOU...
Published on April 26 2005 by R. Leskiw

2.0 out of 5 stars Mimi's Emancipation... Not So Successful
This album is Mariah's comeback.

Album Cover: 5/5
I love the original album cover, the one where she is wearing gold in a triumphant pose. This one looks very ugly.

1. It's Like That: 4/5
Love this song. The beat is so familiar and dancey, and its lyrics will have you singing along in no time.

2. We belong Together: 5/5
The...
Published on June 2 2008 by Qian Song

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THE VOICE IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!, April 26 2005
R. Leskiw (Canada) - See all my reviews
If you love Mariah, YOU NEED THIS ALBUM! This is one of her best, up with the ranks of Butterfly and Daydream...a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars biggest comeback of the year, June 20 2005
mariah's back with this awesome album!! some of my favourites are we belong together (already at #1), get your number and joy ride. all the songs are really great--
Track Listing: (not in order)
your girl: this is a mix between rnb and mariahs trademark ballads, showcases her high vocal range
we belong together: i love this song, rly good lyrics and heartfelt (watch the music video, you'll see what im talking about)
to the floor: really upbeat, dance track
stay the night: this is another mix between rnb and ballady type song
shake it off: another good party mix, not as upbeat as others
say something: showcases mariahs feathery voice i rly love this song
one and only: showcases her high vocal range, she sings rly fast in this song, this is half slowdance half upbeat dance track (with busta rhymes)
mine again: this is a real ballad, reminds me of never too far from the glitter album
joy ride: this an inspirational song, sort of a ballad
it's like that: a real dance track
i wish you knew: another ballad, i love her voice in this one
get ur number: i love this one!! its rly upbeat.. with JD i love it
fly like a bird: another inspirational song, like joy ride
circles: more ballad than rnb, this ones kind of repetitive but i like it
secret love: this is a bonus track which u might not get on ur cd, upbeat dance, i dont rly think theres a melody to it but it would be good in a club
sprung: this is another bonus track, another good track for a club, features her high vocal range at the beginning
all in all this is an AWESOME album that all mariah fans should have!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars We Belong Together for EVER! LAMBS!, June 9 2009
Aaron B. (Toronto Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emancipation Of Mimi (Audio CD)
Mariah has created the comeback album of this century! It is amazing! The cover is beautiful each song comes together almost like a rebirth. This is the album that made me a HUGE FAN and has become one of my all time favorites. It's Like That is a great opening for the album. We Belong Togther is best comeback song ever and is one of her best singles ever! Shake It Off is sexy song that made a perfect fallow up to We Belong Together. Say Somethin' is another great dance number and Mine Again is beautiful. Don't Forget About Us is an awsome song that is another favorite of mine on the CD. Fly Like a Bird is just inspiration. Other great songs are One And Only, Makin' It Last All Night, Joy Ride, Get Your Number and I Wish You Knew. BUY IT AND YOU WILL LOVE IT!! THIS IS AN GREAT ALBUM!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mimi's Emancipation... Not So Successful, June 2 2008
Qian Song - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emancipation Of Mimi (Audio CD)
This album is Mariah's comeback.

Album Cover: 5/5

1. It's Like That: 4/5

2. We belong Together: 5/5
The best song of Mariah's career. Its piano beginnings to full-volume outros make this a great treat.

3. Shake It Off: 5/5
A great song with a great attitude!

4 - 14: 1/5
The rest of the record is total trash.

Overall Rating: 2/5

Since its release, this has sold over 9,000,000 copies worldwide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comeback Queen!, Jan. 24 2008
This review is from: Emancipation Of Mimi (Audio CD)
I was a bit skeptical about this re-release because I usually don't like re-releases. That's why I took off one star. The bonus tracks and the DVD are good nonetheless.

1. IT'S LIKE THAT - As she has done on many of her albums, she started the CD with an up-tempo track which is a good decision. "It's Like That' is the perfect single to start her comeback year. It's a fun, light, party song with a bumping beat.

2. WE BELONG TOGETHER - Her surprise 16th No.1 single on the Hot 100. I think it was the perfect song to have as her comeback No.1 hit. It has all the things that people love about Mariah's singles: an amazing vocal performance, a great beat, and it's a mid-tempo ballad. It's a beautiful song. I love the melody.

3. SHAKE IT OFF - Her biggest No.2 single ever, at 6 weeks. I didn't like this at first, but it certainly grew on me. The cool R&B groove that it has is very infectious. Everyone says it sounds like an Usher styled song, but I see it as a Jermaine Dupri styled song. After all, he produced most of Ushers hits.

4. MINE AGAIN - This is a great song! It's a classic old school R&B-styled ballad. She sings the hell out of it, but at times she's kind of yelling. But all-in-all, a great vocal performance. Great melody.

5. SAY SOMETHING (f/ Snoop Dogg) - This is the song that introduced most people to MIMI, since it got leaked last November. A lot of people aren't feeling this song, but I love it!!. I love the beat, the lyrics, and the amazing Neptunes production. There's been so much debate about this song being a single, but it looks like it's not gonna happen. This is definitely a good club song though.

6. STAY THE NIGHT - This is one of my favs on the album. I like the piano sample that's going through the back, and the old school eat. It kind o reminds me of "The Roof", except in this song, Mariah belts out the lyrics. They sound great and the chorus is really catchy.

7. GET YOUR NUMBER (f/ Jermaine Dupri) - This is another club hit that samples "Just an Illusion" by Imagination, with a Jermaine Dupri twist. He also sings the chorus, and it kind of sounds like Nelly. The beat in this song is crazy, I love it! The melody and lyrics are so catchy that you can't help but listen to it.

8. ONE AND ONLY (f/ Twista) - This is my least favorite song on the album, because it's not all that catchy. Mariah sings as fast as Twista though, which is impressive considering he's the fastest rapper in the world. It's a mid-tempo R&B/hip-hop song. It sounds like more of a Twista song then a Mariah Carey song.

9. CIRCLES - This song is amazing! Her voice sounds crystal clear and she really shows emotion in this song. It's an old school R&B styled song, it's kind of mid-tempo. It sounds very similar to Alicia Key's hit song "You Don't Know My Name".

10. YOUR GIRL - This is a very slick R&B song. It's very smooth and Mariah belts out the chorus and the second verse. This is also one of my favorites on the album.

11. I WISH YOU KNEW - This is a soul song that's done with a complete live band. I like the lyrics. The thing I like most about it is the sound of a live audience in the back, it really adds a lot to the song. I really like the horns in the back.

12. TO THE FLOOR (f/ Nelly) - This is another Neptunes' produced track. It sounds similar to Britney Spears "Boys". It's a very old school sounding funk song. Neptunes' did a great job with the production. Nelly's very charismatic in the song, and he overshadows Mariah.

13. JOY RIDE - This is the slowest song on the album. It's a modern R&B ballad. It's very soothing and nice. It sounds like something that should be on `Charmbracelet'.

14. FLY LIKE A BIRD - Now this is what you call a classic. This song is perfect, it features a live band. Also Mariah's voice builds up momentum the whole song until the end when the choir is singing the chorus and Mariah belts out the ad libs (Carry me home, oh, carry me hoooome). It's amazing. The lyrics, the voice of her pastor, everything. A perfect way to end the album (minus the bonus songs).

15. DON'T FORGET ABOUT US - This is basically a continuation of "We Belong Together". It sounds like a freestyle ballad that would've been released in the late 80's or early 90's. It's nothing new, but it has an amazing melody, and it's sure to be a huge radio smash. I love it.

16. MAKIN' IT LAST ALL NIGHT (WHAT IT DO) (f/ Jermaine Dupri) - This is another club-banger (I can't get enough of these!). It has the standard Jermaine Dupri up-tempo production. I really like the chorus. Mariah doesn't belt anything out in this song, but it suits it. The beat/rhythm is similar to Bow Wow and Ciara's "Like you", but faster. Great song!

17. SO LONELY (ONE & ONLY PART II) (f/ Twista) - This song kicks @$$!!! I can't wait to hear it at a club. It's a great R&B/ Hip-hop Collabo. It's much better than part one. Rodney Jerkins really outdid himself on this record. The beat is crazy, and Mariah sounds hot. Twista sounds good also. This features an extra verse by Mariah, which is kind of superfluous, but it doesn't take away from this amazing song.

18. WE BELONG TOGETHER REMIX (f/ Styles P & Jadakiss) - This sounds extremely similar to 3LW's "I Can't Take it" (Featuring Nas). Most of the lyrics are the same as the original. It has a really good beat, although I could do without the useless rapping by the two members of the Lox. Great remix, nonetheless, and it's a good addition to this CD.

All-in-all, I'm very happy for Mariah because no one expected her to have this massive comeback story, and this album was the perfect one to do the trick. I'm glad she's back doing what she does best: Delivering great club songs and ballads all with her amazing voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAREY ME HOOOME!!! CAREY ME HO-OOOOOME!!!!!!, Jan. 24 2008
This review is from: Emancipation Of Mimi (Audio CD)
I'm so proud of Mariah for having a comeback when everyone said that her career was over.

14. FLY LIKE A BIRD - Now this is what you call a classic. This song is perfect, it features a live band. Also Mariah's voice builds up momentum the whole song until the end when the choir is singing the chorus and Mariah belts out the ad libs (Carry me home, oh, carry me hoooome). It's amazing. The lyrics, the voice of her pastor, everything. A perfect way to end the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those "listen from start to finish" CD's., Oct. 18 2007
I don't like Mariah Carey as a person, but NO ONE can deny the fact that she can sing. I don't know where she was going with her last couple of albums, but this CD is amazing. Aside from her vocal talent, the production and writing of the CD really stands out. My favorite track is "Stay the Night"..."just let me rock you 'till the morning light". I don't believe her when she says that she writes her own lyrics - she's too much of a ditz (listen to her speak when she is being interview).
Anyway, for those who do not have this CD, make this be the next one you buy. It is worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars say what? say somethin', Jan. 5 2006
By A Customer
anyway...i enjoyed this cd. i've always enjoyed mariah's voice. favourite track is 'we belong together' and 'fly like a bird' is a great track too, which shows her unbelievable vocal talents. not too sure on some of the musical style of some of the other tracks. haven't quite put a finger down on what i'd call the style. r&b mixed with ??? other favourite tracks are 'it's like that', 'to the floor' and 'get your number'. so glad she came back though. tired of people calling her crazy and everything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great comeback!, Nov. 24 2005
By A Customer
This CD has abit of everything and has been in my CD player for a month now. I've never been a huge fan of hers but admire her talent and determination to return to the spotlight. I think this is likely her best CD yet - danceable, hip and cool.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great comeback!, Nov. 24 2005

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Emancipation Of Mimi
Emancipation Of Mimi by Mariah Carey (Audio CD - 2005)