5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Beautiful
This CD had me hooked from the first track. Imagine my complete surprise when my 18 year old told me Dallas Green is in Alexisonfire.
I would never, ever have guessed that as this CD is such a departure from his usual work with them.
Published on Jan. 24 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright if you like slow music...
Ive downloaded some songs and have hurd some of the cd, personally i like a good slower song once and a while, but a whole cd is unbearable, for me i need more fast songs, but overall not bad
Published on April 28 2006

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Beautiful, Jan. 24 2006
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
His voice is hauntingly beautiful and the lyrics make you feel everything right along with him. This is a CD that showcases the artists true talent, unaided by heavy background music or an overly enthusiastic producer.
The accoustic guitar playing is fluid and lulls you into a peaceful state of mind.
For those Boomers out there, Dallas Green reminds me strongly of the eclectic Julie Cruise, who did Falling and a lot of the music for Twin Peaks.
I love this CD and I find it's playing a lot more than my others.
Definitely worth the investment!

4.0 out of 5 stars For its genre, only beaten by his own unreleasedwork., Jan. 22 2006
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
I love Alexisonfire.. mainly when Dallas sings. I've also always had a soft spot for honest singer-songwriters like James Taylor. So when I found out several years ago that Dallas had written his own solo material, I swallowed up everything that I could. Finally, he's officially released an LP, and in places where I could actually buy it. Like Neverending White Lights' album, this isn't about singles or flash; it's honest, stripped-down songwriting, and that's a good thing - it lets the incredible power and genius of Dallas' songs shine through. Songs like "Hello, I'm in Delaware," "In The Water I Am Beautiful," "Day Old Hate," "Sam Malone," and "Comin' Home" all are built upon strong, laid-back country-bluegrass inspired melodies and countermelodies - oftentimes on the same guitar. Layered overtop are honest lyrics that usually never feel sappy, and, for the most part, strike true with interesting turns of phrase. However, in some occasions, lyrics and rhymes can seem a little forced, and the overall pace of the album is kept more laid-back and bouncy. This, however, isn't a knock at Dallas; he wrote the perfect songs to balance out the album in such internet-download favourites as "So Low," "The Sleeping Sickness," "Urgency," and "When She" - all songs that I think would have balanced this album out a little better.
All in all, it's tied with Neverending White Lights' "Act I" and My Epiphany's "Mirabilia" for the title of Best CD of 2005, and it may have won if it had been released in my burned uber-version of this CD, where I added the four aformentioned songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed and surprised by that, Nov. 7 2005
momo_adachi (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
I am not an Alexisonfire fan, nor did I know anything about this "EP" that the amazon.ca description talks about. I heard this CD when I was in HMV on November 1, and I asked the clerk what it was. She told me it was Dallas Green (who I had never heard of) so I picked up the CD and saw that he is in a band that I really don't like at all. Regardless of all that, I purchased this album immediately and it's one of the most amazing albums I've heard in a long time. Introspective, lonely, beautifully sad and depressing, yet melodic and pure, this album is fantastic from the first chord to the last. It demonstrates Green's clearly diverse talent and in addition, his melodic and amazing voice. It's an acoustic album worth repeated listenings and it could be one of the best releases of 2005.

5.0 out of 5 stars City and Colour, Nov. 11 2005
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
I am impressed with the ease at which Dallas seemingly pulls off such an emotional and thoughtful album. His voice soars and sighs with heartfelt ache and on these recordings he truly captured some amazing performances. Lyrics mean different things to different people, and are a vital part of songs, but rarely do songs manage to make an individual think deeply about their meaning as Dallas' songs do. The acoustic production of the songs really lays bare his lyrics and effortless beautiful vocals. The real achievement here is that this album will cross genres and teach people how to really listen to music. (Instead of just hearing it, rocking your head and moshing mindlessly) Bravo man. Encore, please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colour My City, May 4 2006
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
Dallas Green is one of Canada's most amazing musicians! not only has he shown his versatility within Alexisonfire, and then completely doing a 360 with City and Colour, but furthermore go to one of his concerts,for either act! He is absolutely beautiful! He sounds IDENTICAL to his cd ( both AOF and Sometimes) and within the music industry today, you rarely find that! City and Colour is such a captivating show and well, AOF will never seize to amaze me. i sincerly believe that he is one of the pushing factors in Canadian music and i give hardcore kudos for that. Sometimes is an album that any Canadian or music lover should have in their collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting.., Nov. 17 2005
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
I've listened to just about every type of Emo, punk, hardcore, and general mainstream rock that there is, and yet this is the first time I've heard an album like this. Don't be thrown off by the fact that it's an all acoustic album from a emocore vocalist; it's not Dashboard Confessional, it's a unique, emoish acoustic sound that leaks emotion but doesn't come off childish or whiney and still maintains the alexisonfire style (think the beginning of 'It Was Fear of Myself That Made Me Odd') . There's really a lack of words to describe Dallas' sound, but I asure you it's nothing short of spectacular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes, Feb. 28 2013
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
Another well put together set of songs that truly rock to the truth & life in general. I think most audiences would enjoy any of these tunes as they are such a reality, everyone can relate to in one form or another. They are all so touching & much loved - I especially love all the vast talent Dallas has with his instruments & they way he composes his pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD of the year, Nov. 12 2005
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
This is by far the best CD of the year. I bought it yesterday and havn't stopped listening to it. Dallas Green's lyrics are so amazing and strong it's unbelieveable. This CD was definately worth my $18. If you are a fan of Alexisonfire and Dallas Green, don't download the songs, go out and by City and Colour. Its amazing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars oh dallas...how i love thee, Nov. 1 2005
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
So, finally we have a final product from Mr. Dallas Green. Well let me tell you, he is one extremely talented man.. his voice and amazing acoustic guitar abilities can calm anyone! It's a really great album that anyone with a little extra emotion should own... and hey.. even my momma likes it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing., Dec 15 2005
Amazon Customer (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
Dallas Green has one of the most passionate and mesmerizing voices. His songs captivate your heart and really entrance you entirely. This cd is full of soul and amazing musical talent. I can't believe one person can be so incredibly talented. (this man might be a flippin' genius)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sometimes
Sometimes by City and Colour (Audio CD - 2005)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available