5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Beautiful
This CD had me hooked from the first track. Imagine my complete surprise when my 18 year old told me Dallas Green is in Alexisonfire.
I would never, ever have guessed that as this CD is such a departure from his usual work with them.
Published on Jan. 24 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright if you like slow music...
Ive downloaded some songs and have hurd some of the cd, personally i like a good slower song once and a while, but a whole cd is unbearable, for me i need more fast songs, but overall not bad
Published on April 28 2006

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Beautiful, Jan. 24 2006
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
His voice is hauntingly beautiful and the lyrics make you feel everything right along with him. This is a CD that showcases the artists true talent, unaided by heavy background music or an overly enthusiastic producer.
The accoustic guitar playing is fluid and lulls you into a peaceful state of mind.
For those Boomers out there, Dallas Green reminds me strongly of the eclectic Julie Cruise, who did Falling and a lot of the music for Twin Peaks.
I love this CD and I find it's playing a lot more than my others.
Definitely worth the investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes, Feb. 28 2013
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
Another well put together set of songs that truly rock to the truth & life in general. I think most audiences would enjoy any of these tunes as they are such a reality, everyone can relate to in one form or another. They are all so touching & much loved - I especially love all the vast talent Dallas has with his instruments & they way he composes his pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colour My City, May 4 2006
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
Dallas Green is one of Canada's most amazing musicians! not only has he shown his versatility within Alexisonfire, and then completely doing a 360 with City and Colour, but furthermore go to one of his concerts,for either act! He is absolutely beautiful! He sounds IDENTICAL to his cd ( both AOF and Sometimes) and within the music industry today, you rarely find that! City and Colour is such a captivating show and well, AOF will never seize to amaze me. i sincerly believe that he is one of the pushing factors in Canadian music and i give hardcore kudos for that. Sometimes is an album that any Canadian or music lover should have in their collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, April 15 2006
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
This is Honestly 1 of the BEST CDs I own. If you are a big fan of acoustic guitar you will love the whole disc. Dallas Green has a voice so pure it is insane. Also if you like this Check out his stuff with Alexisonfire and Neverending White Lights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty sure this is the best cd ever!, April 2 2006
AmandaL (Victoria, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
What can I say, other than that Dallas Green is a genius. I highly recommend this cd, whether or not you are an Alexisonfire fan. He is truly an amazing artist and I cannot wait until more is released from him. Buy this cd and anything else connected with Dallas Green. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Talent, March 24 2006
Danilo (Saskatchewan, CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
I just seen Dallas Green in concert here. Just him and his Electric Guitar! I was amazed! Not many artists can pull that off and he put on one heck of a vocal filled show. He is a true Musical Talent and his Vocals are so pure! You will not be disappointed in this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley Amazing, Dec 4 2007
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
If you are going to buy any CD, this should be it. It is amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars For its genre, only beaten by his own unreleasedwork., Jan. 22 2006
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
I love Alexisonfire.. mainly when Dallas sings. I've also always had a soft spot for honest singer-songwriters like James Taylor. So when I found out several years ago that Dallas had written his own solo material, I swallowed up everything that I could. Finally, he's officially released an LP, and in places where I could actually buy it. Like Neverending White Lights' album, this isn't about singles or flash; it's honest, stripped-down songwriting, and that's a good thing - it lets the incredible power and genius of Dallas' songs shine through. Songs like "Hello, I'm in Delaware," "In The Water I Am Beautiful," "Day Old Hate," "Sam Malone," and "Comin' Home" all are built upon strong, laid-back country-bluegrass inspired melodies and countermelodies - oftentimes on the same guitar. Layered overtop are honest lyrics that usually never feel sappy, and, for the most part, strike true with interesting turns of phrase. However, in some occasions, lyrics and rhymes can seem a little forced, and the overall pace of the album is kept more laid-back and bouncy. This, however, isn't a knock at Dallas; he wrote the perfect songs to balance out the album in such internet-download favourites as "So Low," "The Sleeping Sickness," "Urgency," and "When She" - all songs that I think would have balanced this album out a little better.
All in all, it's tied with Neverending White Lights' "Act I" and My Epiphany's "Mirabilia" for the title of Best CD of 2005, and it may have won if it had been released in my burned uber-version of this CD, where I added the four aformentioned songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing., Dec 16 2005
Jen (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
Dallas Green has one of the most passionate and mesmerizing voices. His songs captivate your heart and really entrance you entirely. This cd is full of soul and amazing musical talent. I can't believe one person can be so incredibly talented. (this man might be a flippin' genius)

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting.., Nov. 18 2005
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
I've listened to just about every type of Emo, punk, hardcore, and general mainstream rock that there is, and yet this is the first time I've heard an album like this. Don't be thrown off by the fact that it's an all acoustic album from a emocore vocalist; it's not Dashboard Confessional, it's a unique, emoish acoustic sound that leaks emotion but doesn't come off childish or whiney and still maintains the alexisonfire style (think the beginning of 'It Was Fear of Myself That Made Me Odd') . There's really a lack of words to describe Dallas' sound, but I asure you it's nothing short of spectacular.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xf5c7de0)

Sometimes
Sometimes by City and Colour (Audio CD - 2005)