5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Movie
This movie is absolutely wonderful - especially with Yul Brynner. The music, costumes and sets are amazing.
Published on Nov. 9 2008 by Caroline Lightowler

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie; DVD *not* Anamorphic
I confess I only chapter-skipped through this DVD. After I put it on and discovered it is *not* anamorphically formatted (i.e. not specially formatted for wide screen tv's), then I "boycotted" this Fox release by not watching it.
Published on July 18 2004 by Matt Howe

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Movie, Nov. 9 2008
Caroline Lightowler "csl" (London, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The King and I (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical based on Margaret Landon's novel Anna and the King of Siam, July 23 2006
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The King and I (Widescreen) (DVD)
It is the early 1800's and King Mongkut of Siam (Yul Brynner) realizes that a good education is necessary to survive and also paramount for the survival of Siam. So he sends off for a teacher for his many offspring.

His choice a widow Anna Leonowens (Deborah Kerr) and her son Louis Leonowens (Rex Thompson).

King Mongkut does not keep a promise of a separate living quarter for Anna and her son. He also is smug and overbearing. This will lead to several things he did not plan on including a Siam's play version of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" With little Lisa on the ice flows.

Mean while The King's son Prince Chulalongkorn (Patrick Adiarte) seems to be more amenable to leaning the ways of the western world.

Can the king save Siam from the imperialists?
Will Anna be a help?

There was an earlier film version of this story "Anna and the King of Siam" with Irene Dunne and Rex Harrison which has a different feel. The other film does not have the advantage of talent music of Rodgers & Hammerstein.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie; DVD *not* Anamorphic, July 18 2004
Matt Howe "outloud98" (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The King and I (Widescreen) (DVD)
Come on, Fox. In 2004 more people own wide screen tvs than ever before. I *hate* popping in a disk that would look gorgeous on my wide screen, only to discover that I must watch it in "square" format with a letterbox.
The gorgeous KING AND I deserves a good, anamorphic transfer to DVD. And while you're at it, please send a memo to Universal to release VERTIGO in anamorphic format as well.
Yes, there is a large segment of the DVD population who don't care about anamorphic format. But there are also a lot of us who *do*. And I'll stop renting and buying your films until you release them that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Musical, May 15 2014
This review is from: The King and I (DVD)
A Classic Musical that Will & Has "Stood The Test Of Time".....

Yul Brynner and Debra Kerr deliver; "Memorable Performances". If you enjoy Musicals?, This is one to have in your collection....

Movie is of "Excellent Quality", arriving on time from a Seller that I would not hesitate to recommend....

5.0 out of 5 stars The KING and I. Real classic. Excellent film, excellent actors., May 12 2014
This review is from: The King and I (DVD)
My daughter asked for that movie for her 24th birthday. Such a great film. As the King says: etc, etc, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this movie, May 8 2014
This review is from: The King and I (DVD)
We were thrilled to get our copy of this movie. One of our favorites, will be part of our winter weekend viewing schedule :)

5.0 out of 5 stars MY REVIEW ON THE MOVIE THE KING AND I, Feb. 22 2014
This review is from: The King and I (DVD)
REASONABLY PRICED AND PLAYED BY THE VETERANS OF DEBORAH KERR YUL BRYNER.IALWAYS WANTED TO ADD IT TO MY INVENTORY SINCE HAVING WATCHED IT IN MY HIGH SCHOOL DAYS IN MY HOMETOWN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite, Nov. 26 2013
This review is from: The King and I (DVD)
Quick, Prompt, GREAT value another fine addition to my collection, AMAZON.CA is the best place to shop for this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful film that will be enjoyed many times more in the future., July 13 2013
This review is from: The King and I (DVD)
This was the perfect part created for Yul Brinner - all the actors were perfectly cast and the story will never get old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 10 2013
This review is from: The King and I (DVD)
I chose this rating because It arrived quickly, and just as described.
I would recommend this to anyone who loves this classic and has a difficult time trying to find a copy.

The King and I
The King and I by Walter Lang (DVD - 2009)
CDN$ 21.98 CDN$ 18.15
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available