5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD... HORRIBLE PRICE
If any of you have checked amazon.com you'll notice that instead of the whopping $27.99 they post here in canada, the price is $14.99. Now I'm no mathematician , but that seems to me like its a whole heck of a lot more money than the 10% difference between our currencies. This DVD is great, but don't buy it here, or anywhere in canada for that matter, because the...
Published on July 13 2006 by Tom

Published on July 12 2006 by Robin Marshall

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...great viewing and listening, Dec 13 2011
J. Hodder (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
ok.. words cannot describe this DVD. I was never a big fan but now I am. I have watched it with friends 10 times over and always enjoy...fast shipping and well packed

5.0 out of 5 stars Best concert I've ever seen, July 5 2010
Steven (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
Too bad I wasn't there!

Buy this DVD if you like Pink Floyd, and even if you're just looking for a great performance. This is also a GREAT inspirational item for your own band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Floyd PulseLive 1994 (2 DVD), March 12 2010
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
One of the best Concert DVDs in my library. If you like Pink Floyd music you have to get this collection of the best songs including Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety. The stage presents and light show will blow you away. The only negative is that at one point the DVD shows to much video from the stage video screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Your choice, Gilmour or Waters, Aug. 20 2006
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
I'll put it plain and simple, if you are fine with Pink Floyd without Roger Waters, you'll love it. If you think that not having Roger is just "un- pink floyd", then don't buy it.

I'm really a big fan of Pink Floyd with Roger, but without him, I'm still a fan, just not as die hard. From the music aspect, it was all deserving 4 out of 5 stars. Just a few songs about the middle of disc one are kinda bad.

So really its simple as that. If you think there shouldn't be Floyd without Waters, don't buy it.

Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best concert DVD ever!, Aug. 20 2006
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
I'm not going to say too much. Just that the video quality is pristine, the sound is (of course) STUNNING, and the special features are great. AWESOME!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gilmour & the Boys do it right!, Aug. 3 2006
K. Tomiyama "kitkat_kenny" (AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
After wearing out the VHS tape of this concert, I would have to say "hallelujah!" for this double DVD release. It was definitely worth the wait. For Pink Floyd fans, this is a must-have. The concert performance is excellent, great sound and picture quality! What more could I ask for? The special features are a real treat too. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Concert DVD, July 22 2006
timmy1putt "XTConNTN" (Markham, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
Pulse is an excellent concert DVD. I just put it on and was blown away by the sound. Some of the extras were tricky to negogiate but the it doesn't matter as the concert footage is great, visually and especially the audio.

5.0 out of 5 stars PULSE - A perfect farewell to Pink Floyd, July 13 2006
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
This is the one DVD that just about any Pink Floyd fan has been anticipating for the last 11 years or so. And with all the bonus features included in this package, they will probably not be disappointed. When I initially looked at the package and it said 're-edited', right away I was a bit worried. As it turns out, I didn't really need to be worried about this feature. Most of the concert video uses the same shots as the original VHS edit, however there are some exceptions.

Generally the exceptions are very subtle. Where in the original edit the conceptual films on the circular screen were given more attention (on this edition as a bonus feature, they are all included in their entirety ' some with alternate versions), the re-edit has more shots of the band playing. This change should be welcome by fans, chances are the reason they're watching...is to watch the band.

There is one un-welcomed change for me personally, during 'Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2', when the screen is being 'scribbled out' with a pen (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll just have to watch), the word 'ENIGMA' was doctored out of the shot. Back in 1994, there was a discussion among Pink Floyd hard core fans as to the identity of this so-called 'Enigma'. Clues were given via the Pink Floyd Official site (you can probably still read about it on fan sites), this was apparently the boldest 'appearance' of Enigma when this concert was originally broadcast live on pay-per-view.

Besides the conceptual film(s) feature, other worth-while features include unreleased performances of 'What Do You Want From Me', 'On The Turning Away', 'Poles Apart', and 'Marooned.' There is a short film included that is entitled 'Say Goodbye To Life As We Know It', which is a humorous account of roadies on the Pink Floyd tour looking to devour the largest pints they could find wherever and whenever the band happened to be, and also some goofing around with David, Rick, Nick and the rest of the band.

Having worn-out my VHS copy of this video (and the 'soundtrack' accompanying cd), I can safely say that this is my absolute favorite Pink Floyd product I own (now with the features ' clocking in with an additional 1 and ' hours ' 400 minutes total). To this day...I still can't imagine a more amazing rock show (everyone I know that saw them on this tour still rave about it...sadly I missed my chance July 1, 1994 in Winnipeg). This performance of 'The Dark Side Of The Moon' (in my opinion) still out-performs the original. The combined work of director David Mallet and stage manager/light designer Marc Brickman, is visually stunning. Nuff said!

ps Robin - I noticed Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver missing from the map too...but they're listed in the text...go figure!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, looks good, but dumbfounded by factual errors..., July 12 2006
Robin Marshall (Saskatoon, SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
I bought PULSE today, and so far, so good. Sounds pretty great so far, and looks alright. It's too bad it couldn't have been in widescreen, but fullscreen will have to do. One thing I HAVE to comment on, however, are the factual errors with the tour map and itinerary. If you are going to include a list of the tour dates, as well as a map of tour cities, then take the time to get it right. The map shows like two Canadian dates--there were many more than that. Also, the DVD provides a listing of what is supposed to be a comprehensive list of all cities on the tour. I went to see them on June 28, 1994, in Edmonton, AB, Canada, but according to the DVD tour listing, I guess they weren't even in Edmonton at all! They just skipped right over that date. Doesn't make much sense to me--it's not like they RUSHED this product out. They took months and months to release this thing. A little quality control should have been in order. So, I have to give them a bit of a beating over that, even though it is a miniscule point. It is a [lack of] quality issue, nevertheless...

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, The wait is over, July 5 2006
M. J. Cooper "Classic Rock Guru" (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) (DVD)
Unlike a certain reviewer who obviously has a bias towards a Pink Floyd that includes Roger Waters, I believe this is an amazing film, and concert.

Although some songs don't sound the way they did in concerts past or from the albums, these songs still have the power to drive a wonderful slurry of emotions.

From beginning to end, I've watched the VHS too many times, and I must say I've been waiting for a cleaned up film along with some better sound quality for ages.

An amazing concert, now revived 12 years later.

I must say to the one reviewer, have you heard Roger sing these days? does a great job but some songs... OUCH. It's called age, and sometimes you can't do what you used to do.

Highly reccomended for moderate to have Floyd fans.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb10edc78)

Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD)
Pink Floyd - Pulse: Live 1994 (2DVD) by David Mallet (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 31.99 CDN$ 19.99