Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: DVDChange

Showing 21-30 of 113 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on November 28, 2013
For some this was the movie that introduced them to the "Verse". A movie that was very well done but is hard to explain or advertise for so it did not do well in the box office.

Well written and the characters are amazing. The unfortunate cancelled series Firefly leads into this movie and if possible should be viewed before the movie. The TV series lasted only 13 episodes before FOX cancelled it. If you do watch the movie before the series go back and watch the series and then see the movie again and it will be quite different especially with the fate of a couple of the characters.

The director is Joss Whedon who also brought us Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Dr Horrible and the mega movie The Avengers.
on September 26, 2010
I rented Serenity a few years ago on a whim, and loved it. I have since watched it a few more times, and recently bought this Bluray version. I don't know what it is about this movie, but I just don't get tired of watching it. Unlike many high budget sci-fi movies of late, Serenity relies more on plot, and believable characters rather than mind-blowing special effects. It is hard to characterize this movie in terms of genres. It is kind of a sci-fi, western, action, romantic, comedy? Meaning it has aspects of all those genres. The Bluray version makes watching it over again that much more compelling. I haven't met anyone yet who didn't like this movie.
on December 23, 2005
Josh has given us another way to consider science-fiction and it couldn't happen at a better time.
Serenity is the continuation of the short lived series 'Firefy'. If you are a fan you will appreciate the fact all your friends are back: Mal, Zoe, Wash, Jayne & others. The movie gives some information on how the 'Verse was started & the story of Simon and River.
The acting & the writing is top-notch, what you would expect from Josh. The movie is hunourous & suspenseful. As I said this may be the new direction for sci-fi
on April 12, 2014
I love the series, and the movie, my only beef about this movie is that the Captain seems much darker than he did in the show. In the series he had an angry, dark backdrop to his character, but had some light moments and could crack a couple jokes and take himself lightly at times - I liked that character. In the movie, the lightness is entirely missing, and I missed it.
Great story, great movie, wouldn't mind another if they ever decided to do one, but unless they can get the main players back it wouldn't work. Arrived in good time and great condtion.
on May 21, 2014
I was told that the TV series never got anywhere; and I like Nathan Fillion, so I wondered why! I personally think they should have continued the TV series. This is a fantastic piece of work. Maybe the viewing public just wasn't ready for it at that time, but they should definitely watch it NOW. The story is amazing, the characters are fantastic, the scenery, fx, and costumes are extremely well done. I'd like to see more of the same.
on October 20, 2013
This movie is like a love letter to Firefly fans. Though the series was cancelled for the most confusing of reasons the team produced this film to try and tie up loose ends. It answers many questions, covers a lot of ground, and gives fans of the series a better idea of what Joss Whedon had planned in the long term. This movie is also really accessible to people who have never seen the TV show as a stand-alone sci-fi movie.
on February 4, 2013
Excellent movie, filled with action and adventure and of course a little romance. If you love science fiction movie, you will love this one. It amazing to see "River" flexebility, you can't help but admire the form in her fighting scene which almost look like a well choreograph dance. Loved it so much that I had to order the DVD of the series which I never got to see. Can't wait to view it the whole series.
on September 22, 2013
Firefly, the TV show that was cancelled so stupidly by Fox attracted many fans during its run and even more fans after it was cancelled. The story was incomplete and this movie tries to tell the rest of the story in 2 hours or so, or it would've taken many seasons to do it properly. Needless to say, it is full of action and surprises. All the original cast members are there which makes it more fun to watch.
on January 24, 2008
I loved it. I loved the series, I loved the movie. I'm not going to go int more than that... except to say that I would have loved it even more would the stupid network not have cancelled the show in the first place so I could have watched the arc and story line and character development that would have broght us from the last episode of the series to the movie. whew... quite the run-on )
on March 26, 2012
Great movie follow-up to a great TV show. Sadly, the whole project (like Farscape) was cancelled way too early, with lots of possibilities and a lot of unanswered questions. On the same quality level as Star Trek, if not better . . . I know, I know - don't start!!!!! TV exec's have no vision and only a one-track mind!!! Bring back the show or at least make a decent sequel!!!!!!