summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: N/A|Size: 1|Change

on April 9, 2011
Have been using this machine for 2 1/2 years and knocked out all the kinks. For stronger coffee buy dark columbian coffee. If you are getting grains in your cup you didn't wipe off the top of the filter holder. There should be no grains on the rim as it will not tightly seal. I run my finger around the rim before putting the top on and I fill my filters right full. We have two whole filter systems and 6 filters. When I get up I fill all the filters, carefully wiping the rims, pop one in the machine and coffee is made. When my husband gets up he makes his...when I am ready to have a second cup I just pop out the used coffee and filter and put a new one in making sure no grains are on the top of the filter (which there always are, just run your finger around it) seal it tightly and enjoy your coffee. As for the clean up..it is easy. Best to wait until later in the morning when the grains are not so wet, I take a spoon and gently bang the bottom of the filter cup and all the grains fall out very easily. I takes practice and I would never go back to any other coffee maker. LOVE IT! PS do not use extra fine grind!!
on November 19, 2010
If you own a machine that uses K-cups, this filter is a MUST HAVE! I love mine, and use it daily, for tea and coffee. A keeper for sure!
on December 16, 2009
when i first purchased this reusable k-cup filter, amazon.ca coupled it with the basic keurig model (KUB30) for single servings. not knowingly, i purchased this bundle to find out that this reusable filter is NOT COMPATIBLE with the basic model. it only works on the higher end models like KUB40, KUB60 etc... so i had to return the both of them back to amazon. BEWARE before purchasing.

upon purchasing a better and higher end machine, this reusable filter works fantastically. it is very simple in terms of operation, you open the main body to remove the metal/reusable filter inside, and fill this filter up with ur brew, seal it shut and put it in the machine.

i could not give this product 100% because it is actually sometimes quite cumbersome to refill and reuse especially if you are a big coffee drinker who wants more than 10-12oz at a time. i suggest you buy 2 or three of these to not get annoyed for that matter. atleast this way, you can fill the grind all at the same time without having to rinse and refill each time.

one last thing that contributed to a non 100% score is, the filter is quite expensive, 3 of these equates to $45CDN + taxes. but it works well and it is built solidly, and it is an investment if you intend to use your own brew of tea or coffee.

in general, keurig products are fantastic and very convenient to have. just make sure not to purchase this if you intend to use it on the most basic machine (KUB30) because it will not work.
0Comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2010
I really loved the idea of a refillable filter for the Keurig. However, both my husband and I find the coffee too weak. We opened a regular K-cup and poured it into the new filter...it only held about half of the coffee. Does anybody have any suggestions about how to get a very strong cup of coffee with the filter? We've tried several kinds of coffee, including Starbucks espresso, and are still unhappy.
on June 26, 2010
I like the idea of a reuseable filter and it saves on the cost of buying K-cups. The only problem I have is that the grounds tend to overflow into your coffee. I think that this is due to fact that the hole in the holder is bigger than that which the machine would make so the coffee grounds escape through the top. I keep a strainer handy to help with this problem.
on February 7, 2010
The My K-Cup is a great way to enjoy your favourite coffee at home.
My only suggestion would be that if you plan on using it regularily, purchase more than one. Especially if there'll be more than one person using the coffee maker.
It becomes a hassle to wash immediately after each use so that another person can make a cup for themselves.
on January 28, 2012
This is a great product at a great price. I can buy any type of coffee I like, and save a ton of money over purchasing expensive k-cups! Its very easy to use, and simple to clean. Its also much better for then environment. I would recommend this as a must-have item if you own a keurig machine.
on January 27, 2013
I love the taste of the coffee that my Keurig Elite makes, but I was concerned about the cost and waste of constantly using the disposal K-Cups. I was thrilled to be able to purchase My K-Cup through Amazon as it was not available in any of the stores in my area that carry the Keurig line. I have been using it since it arrived at my door - one day after I ordered it! - and cannot say one negative thing about it! Yes, it has to be cleaned out after each cup of coffee, but it takes less than a minute to do so! I did read some of the other reviews about mess and leakage and grinds in the coffee and was a little apprehensive prior to buying it, but now that I have used it, I can only surmise that these customers were overfilling the cup. If you fill the cup with coffee to just below the line, you get a great tasting cup of coffee and no mess whatsoever! I like to freshly grind my coffee right before I use it, so to have the option of using a My K-Cup for this purpose makes me one happy camper.

I highly recommend this product, and I highly recommend that you purchase it from Amazon!
on September 7, 2010
I liked the idea of this product because I was not impressed with the selection of coffees available for the machine. I find that this is actually quite finicky to use. You need to be very careful about how much you put in, otherwise it overflows and you get a cup full of grinds or a counter full of coffee.
on May 30, 2010
I am very pleased with this product, it works exactly as promised and I highly recommend it to all Keurig owners.