5.0 out of 5 stars A Heart So Marvelous
Published on June 22 2004 by Dakota

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick read for fun...an honest review
I am a JL fan, fortunately and unfortunately. Her books have provided me w/ hours and hours of entertainment. But they are very addictive. Literally, once I begin a JL book, I can't put it down until I finish.
Published on Jan. 14 2004 by caprice

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heart So Marvelous, June 22 2004
Dakota "daxydakota" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
"A Heart So Wild" was the first JL I ever read, and it is probably the book I compare all her other stories to. The first time I read it was around 12 or 13 years ago. I just reread it this weekend, and it was just as fresh and exciting as the first time! Chandos is one of the most rugged, dangerous, sexy, and altogether tragically romantic heroes JL has created (only Colt Thunder of "Savage Thunder" can beat him as the ultimate JL hero, in my opinion). Courtney, though timid and shy at first, has so much spirit and grows so much in Chandos' care, that she's wonderful to watch. It was exceptionally fun to see how Cateyes (as Chandos called her) handled being attacked by that monstrous gunslinger Pretty Boy and, much later, by Calida - a beautiful rival for Chandos' affections - in an unforgetable catfight. Hero and heroine aside, the love scenes are hot, the plot is fast-paced and interesting, the supporting characters are memorable, and the action is intense. Plus, there is a dark side to this story that will immediately grab hold of you, making you want vengeance as much as Chandos. I highly recommend reading "A Heart So Wild," especially if you like the Wild West and Indian stories. I did finished reading its sequal "All I Need Is You" yesterday, and must admit I didn't care for it. The sequal in no way had as much passion, daring, or heartache as in "A Heart So Wild."

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, June 3 2004
By A Customer
I really enjoyed this book. One of Lindsey's better efforts in the Western romance genre.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick read for fun...an honest review, Jan. 14 2004
caprice (Miami, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I find that they are very, very easy to read. You can get the gist of the story by just reading the first sentence of every paragraph, skipping boring parts, and just thoroughly reading the good parts. Basically, I am assuming the reason for reading a JL book is for the romance/sex. There's nothing wrong w/ that if you have some free time.
But I wish I never heard of Johanna Lindsey, b/c then I'd be reading other books and genres, and growing more, intellectually.
Read it only if you really have to, or just skip the temptation and save yourself. This is a book I will easily forget, haven't learned much from, but enjoyed nonetheless.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Heart So Wild . . .., Oct. 19 2003
K. Hill (Windsor, NC USA) - See all my reviews
The characters are likeable. I would have liked to know more about Chandos. The pace is quick and the book is hard to put down. It's full of all the action you'd expect of a western. Funny and romantic, A Heart So Wild is a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish that I could give this twenty stars!!!, July 23 2003
Kristal Gorman (Buffalo, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I only have on word for this book......GREAT!!!! Read, read, read this book and when you are done read it again!!! One of the BEST JL's that I have read in a long time!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE CHANDOS!, June 19 2003
Chandos is the greatest hero of any romance novel. There is no man more fierce, dangerous, intriguing, or gorgeous!!! Courtney is the luckiest woman of fiction! This is such a good book that you'll probably finish it in 1 day (I did). Read the other reviews, EVERYBODY LOVES CHANDOS!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, May 29 2003
By A Customer
Chandos is a dream come true. Courtney is adorable. The only bad thing about this book is that Chandos is not real.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Best!, Feb. 14 2003
By A Customer
I agree with everyone else this book is by far JL's best work. The characters have a way of staying with you for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lindsey's Best Book To Date!!!, Sept. 20 2002
Amy E. Gideon "ames81g" (Lewisville, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This is my all time favorite book by Johanna Lindsey. The characters are wonderful, and really compliment each other. Chandos is my all time favorite hero, and I find his and Courtney's story to be truly endearing. You won't be disappointed in this read!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lindsey At Her Best, April 17 2002
Kristi Ahlers (Illinois) - See all my reviews
The story of Courtney and Chandos is classic Lindsey.
Chandos is a dark mysterious stranger who helps Courtney while she is shopping in a general store. What Courtney does not remember is this is not the first time this man has saved her life. She had met him 4 years earlier in an indian attack where he spared her life. Courtney's life is not the happiest, she lives with a nasty stepmother and has dreams of leaving her life of drudgery to find true love. While reading a newspaper she thinks she sees a picture of her father. She thought that he had been taken in the indian attack 4 years earlier so she is thrilled to have a chance of finding him. Trouble is he is in Texas and she is in Kansas. Chandos is someone she feels safe with so askes him to take her there. He agrees after awhile and they both embark on a trip that will change them both for the better.
Read this book. It is classic Lindsey at her best. The characters are likeable and the bad guys bad! You are guaranteed a great read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A Heart So Wild
A Heart So Wild by Johanna Lindsey (Hardcover - 1986)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01