5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOO EASY TO USE

3.0 out of 5 stars Forerunner 305 with heart rate monitor
Published on Oct. 4 2011 by Sue

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOO EASY TO USE, June 13 2011
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner 305 Waterproof Running GPS (English & French) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I love this GPS watch. It is incredibly user friendly. My friend has a different type of GPS watch and even with the manual it is impossible to get to work. But my Watch is amazing. It has great features. I particularly love the three screen option with time, km's and minutes per Km...it really helps with training to be able to quickly see if your slowing down or going too fast. It is a little big (probably made for a man's arm) but I don't care I love it. My friends made fun of the size...until they saw it in action! It has great battery life (about 10 hours of usage time) per charge. If you need a GPS watch I would definitely recommend this one!!!! SO EASY TO USE!!!! I typically can't get any gadgets to work for me but this is so easy!!!! BUY IT!!! YOU will LOVE IT!!!
Also, I was at my local running room and they were selling this watch for $179...so you are saving a bundle!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, Oct. 15 2011
Michael Burns (Sawyerville, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
The Forerunner 305 is my first heart rate monitor/GPS watch and I am very satisfied. The Forerunner is easy to set up, even for different sports. I like the ability to choose which data fields show up. I run mostly trails and never had any problems with dropped satellite coverage.

Overall a great watch, and at a great price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Forerunner 305 with heart rate monitor, Oct. 4 2011
I already own the 205 version and bought the 305 for the heart monitor... very happy with it except for one thing... It does not display the speed in the diplay window... just the pace/mile ... No speed to be found on the watch at all (though the 205 has it... now i have to convert or get used to run by pace...: If not for that, it's an excellent gps watch... would buy it again :)

UPDATE:

This watch died in 2012... Bought the 310xt with HR monitor... Like that one much better :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Parfait pour mes besoins, July 12 2011
Il répond à toutes mes attentes. Je peux ainsi suivre mes améliorations et savoir mes faiblesses. La possibilité de stopper le temps lors d'attente aux intersections est très agreable. De plus, le fait de voir mon tracé et mes performances en détails sur mon portable m'aide à planifier mes entraînements à venir.

Le seul commentaire négatif que j'aurais à porter est la durée de la batterie. Si vous êtes une semaine sans l'utiliser, vous devrez quand même la recharger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forerunner 305, Sept. 12 2011
I hesitated for a while between this model and some of the more expensive models (such as the 310XT) but now I'm very happy with this watch. Have used it for a few weeks now both running and cycling. Both the watch and the heart rate monitor are comfortable to wear even on longer workouts. It is easy to use and read while running. The GPS takes up to a couple of minutes to find satellites but this is not a problem. Once they are acquired it doesn't lose the signal. The watch has a lot of functions (still trying these out) such as advanced workouts and multisport mode. My only criticism would be with the software provided (Garmin Training Center) which is somewhat basic (I find the graphs are somewhat hard to read eg you can't change the unit scales as far as I can tell).

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy my purchase, Sept. 3 2011
I bought this watch a couple weeks ago to help with track the progress of my runs.

It provides a ton of information, the GPS is very accurate and I find it easy to use. The only downside I found is that it can sometimes take one to four minutes to lock on the satellites. Plus the heart rate monitor works well and is a valuable tool for trying to get the most out of your runs. The watch is a little larger than a normal watch (which is to be expected since it contains GPS), but it light and comfortable to wear.

Bottom-line is I would recommend it to anyone that loves gadgets and likes to run or anyone really serious about running and tracking their performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, Dec 18 2011
Li Zhang "zEELOt" (UK) - See all my reviews
Having had it for a couple of weeks I am happy with my choice (instead of 310xt, which costs twice as much as 305).
I only care about speed, distance and heart rate, as these are important for jogging.
The heart rate monitor works well. I don't see a reason to buy Garmin's premium chest strap.
GPS is OK. It may look stuck in the locating satellites screen since the progress bar doesn't disappear until GPS reaches its full accuracy (<10m). But actually I can start moving as long as accuracy becomes reasonably good (<30m), which most of time only takes a couple of minutes if sky is clear.
Battery life is not an issue. My exercise session is usually 30 minutes and one charge can last a couple of weeks.
The only problem I've seen is the user interface. Switching sport is difficult (having to dig into setting menus); changing data fields is difficult (this shouldn't be in general settings); turning off GPS while I was indoor is difficult (again having to go through setting menus); the GPS antenna should be on the upperside (so it would be less likely covered by arm).
Anyway, the device does its jobs and for the price I can't complain much :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 305, Aug. 23 2011
Purchased this GPS a few weeks ago and have tried it on several runs. It does everything and more than what I was hoping for and would highly recommend this product to anyone who is seriously thinking of taking up running. I have not tested the waterproof capability as we have not had rain when I have been running. Excellent purchase and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entry-level device, Jan. 23 2012
I purchased the Forerunner 305 to help track my training progress towards my first two triathlons. I found this watch to be very good for the price paid, and would highly recommend it to any entry-level athlete looking to get into triathlons.

For running, it is great for monitoring pace/distance/time/HR. All the basic metrics needed.

For cycling, I paired it with the Garmin Cadence Sensor, which added RPMs, and another more accurate measure of speed/distance. Very useful tool for training in the optimal RPM zone. Both modes were great for training by HR as well.

For swimming, it's good for distance and time only outdoors only. Since the device is not waterproof, you need to put it in a waterproof ziplock bag and put it in your swimcap. But after doing so, I still found it a usefull tool to use when out on lake swims.

If you're getting your feet wet with triathlons, I would definitely recommend this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 17 2009
Brohme (South Surrey, BC) - See all my reviews
Awesome. A must buy. Gadget guys and type A's will love the level of detail. Overpriced here however; can find at certain membership retailers in Canada for $210.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›