5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!!!, Jan. 25 2012
This review is from: Precious Memories (Audio CD)
This is a great CD with lots of really good songs. It shipped fast and I love it! Also this product is really hard to find in store but here it was a breeze.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great treatment of some classics!, March 23 2006
David W. Wildeboer (Lacombe, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Precious Memories (Audio CD)
Alan Jackson, country music superstar, goes back to his roots and records an album of hymns that he grew up with. Initially just to be for his mother, this recording turned into one of the best albums of hymns and Christian music by a country star. The song selection brings me back to the songs in church growing up.
However, I do have one nit to pick and is the reason I've only given it 4 stars. That's the fact that many songs are incomplete as only 2 verses were recorded. The most glaring one for me is "How Great Thou Art." Adding the 2nd and 3rd verses wouldn't have added too much time to the disc and the song could be arranged so that the chorus doesn't necessarily come after every verse. The same could have been done with other songs.
Otherwise, this disc is an excellent addition to anyone's collection. I'm even thinking of getting an extra copy to give to my parents as it has a couple of their favorite hymns ("What A Friend We Have in Jesus," "Blessed Assurance") in great arrangements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music and a well done CD., Nov. 9 2011
This review is from: Precious Memories (Audio CD)
Alan Jackson uses his talents well to produce this very enjoyable cd. It's been quite a blessing to me! I can't stop buying it, and giving it to friends and family!
My only complaints are that two verses per song seems too short. I didn't notice at first, but three verses would have been appreciated for these beautifully sung songs. And I would have dropped the back up singers for "When we all get to Heaven", they sound a little fake for some reason.
Mr. Jackson's family add to some of the songs, and they do a good job. Mr. Jackson arranges and sings these songs very well, and respectful of the subject matter. Great big thanks to Mr. Jackson for excluding drums from these precious songs! Well done! Very much appreciated!
If you enjoy religous music with a soft country styling, this cd is for you. It will bless you, and draw you closer to Jesus Christ. Beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely collection of hymns, Nov. 5 2011
This review is from: Precious Memories (Audio CD)
Mellow and enjoyable, Alan Jackson sings familiar hymns in a familiar way, just simple music without trying to change the classics. I have given this cd as a gift to quite a few people and it was loved by all.

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Love Hymns, This is the One!, June 5 2011
This review is from: Precious Memories (Audio CD)
I wanted a CD that took me back to the hymns I remember singing at church years ago (things have changed in churches these days!). This will leave you feeling refreshed and with a smile on your face. The selection of instruments as well as Allan's voice are a perfect blend. You won't be disappointed you got Precious Memories The DVD version is just as good too!

Precious Memories
Precious Memories by Alan Jackson (Audio CD - 2006)