5.0 out of 5 stars You will have choose between what is easy and what is right
Harry and his friends are now young ladies and gentlemen. An international Quiditch event is taking place. To get there one has to use a port key (an innocuous looking device that transports one to a different location). Things do not go as well as planned and now a dark element has been added.

Also this year is the tri-wizard tournament in which a hero from...
Published on June 29 2006 by bernie

1.0 out of 5 stars READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!
Published on March 7 2006

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars You will have choose between what is easy and what is right, June 29 2006
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Also this year is the tri-wizard tournament in which a hero from each of three learning institutes must compete in unknown events. This is to promote friendship among the institutes. The opportunity is open to only potential contestants of seventeen years. They must enter his/her name into the goblet of fire for selection. So you can imagine everyone's surprise to find fourteen year old Harry's name in the Goblet. How did his name get in the goblet? Will Harry accept the challenge? And if so how will he fair?

We get to see all the characters for the book come to life. Most of the relevant story is included. Among the parts that were left out, I was hoping for the Blast-Ended Skrewts and the male wizard wearing the dress to get plenty of air around his private parts.

The series of Harry films has also matured with each rendition. It took several tries, some better than others but this one has the feel of the book and even with the short time it plays has shown the real feel of the ongoing story of the struggle between Harry and he who must not be named. This includes the larger picture of more than just good verses evil.

1.0 out of 5 stars READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!, March 7 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Widescreen Two-Disc Deluxe Edition) (Harry Potter 4) (DVD)
I was so eager to see this movie, I can't tell you. But I watched it and was- bewildered. There was no flow, it was like ( and really this is what they did) they took the most interesting parts and just mashed them together. There was no explaining on anything you were just supposed to know. They relied too heavily on views having read the books so they could understand, but I don't see how any reader could liked his. This is not well done, half the most entertain things are left out. And the acting, come on, I know Daniel Radcliffe is just a kid, but come on no emotion no nothing it looked more like he was just reading a book. Another thing, one of my favourite things in this series is the friendship between Harry Ron and Hermione, you see nothing of that. sure there's the "touching" reunion between Harry and Ron, but nothing more. Hardly any interaction between the three of them. Oh yes and the supposed romance between Hermione and Ron, well in this movie, I don't like Ron. Ralph Fiennes as Voldamort (SP?) was good, but what was up with the "because I am a kind lord' or whatever crap. Kind lord, him? come on even the murdering psycho knows he's not "kind". this was a huge disappointment. the cast was dreadful, the directing was terrible. I know they couldn't put everything into it, and I'm honestly glad that they didn't put SPEW into it. They should have split the movie into two parts. it was the only way they could have given justice to a fabulous book, rather than slaughter it, into unrecognizable heap of garbage. the only thing I can honestly say I liked about this movie was....... hang on it's coming to me..... nope, nothing, I was looking forward to Order of the Phoenix but after this catastrophe and waste of money I'm seriously considering just skipping it altogether. save your money read the book and marvel at the skill of JKR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Movie!!, March 10 2006
I thought this was one of the best of the three! I was reading the other reviews and one was talking of a single-disk DVD. When I bought mine there was a choice of a single-disk at a very cheap price as well as a two-disk special addition which was going for a few dollars more. I'm not sure where that person bought their's but I shopped around and got a great deal from Zellers, but found afterwards that Walmart had a better deal! Watch the movie folks!! For those of you that follow the books and have read them all, you won't be disappointed with this one at all! The graphics were great and I really enjoyed watching it with my three daughters! Awesome movie!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, Jan. 21 2006
this movie was amazing....although i admit i thought it would be better than it was. the book was more exciting, but i guess they did what they could considering the book was super long and the movie could only bee three hours or whatever it was. the book was definetely better, but i like all the books better than the movies, so yeah. anyway it seemed like every movie was better than the last, and i think its still true, but i admit i only saw it once. and POA was pretty hard to beat, but GOF was so good, not to mention all the guys are hot. i would have liked to have seen more of draco. anyway, awesome movie, harry rules, see it.

4.0 out of 5 stars WB needs to spend the extra time, March 7 2006
By A Customer
I think it would have been nice if they had spent some extra time developing a booklet or something with the Special Edition. I found it kind of weak that there was no insert or anything. I hope the special features are worth it. I'm sure they are but quality should be something they thought of. I mean I wouldn't have minded waiting longer for the release if they were to develop something 'special' since it is a collectors edition. We want something collectible for our money!
The movie itself is wonderful. I really like this director. The whole movie is exciting. The only exception is Dumbledore...*sigh*

4.0 out of 5 stars I must say, this was great, beggining was rushed., Feb. 22 2006
This was definetly a great movie, and by all means go out and see it, but the beggining is really rushed and they get to the action to early, in the begging you should focus on the story. The only other thing i didn't like is the fact that Viktor Krum was really freaking, which was not mentioned in the book, and also the fact that Harry's relationship with Cho is not emphasized.
Oh, my favorite line! Harry is trying to ask Cho out to the Yule Ball and Ron says: "Girls... those things travel in packs!"
A great film, and I think this is going to win an oscar.
Four stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Add this to ur Potter collection, March 7 2006
ZeppelinDude (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This was a really good movie and the only thing that i was dissapointed about was the fact that they, either ddint put some really good scenes in the movie or that they did put good scenes in the movie but either made them too short or not true enough to the book ... but overall great affects and great movie

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 6 2014
There was no disc inside case

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 1 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Qualité exceptionnelle!, Jan. 30 2014
Vivez l'expérience Harry Potter sur Blu-ray! Une image vive et un son extraordinaire, et ce, pour un prix très abordable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›