Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on November 9, 2013
I was attracted to this tool mainly because of its looks. The skeletonized body and the well-designed lock-release mechanism are good selling points. The tool also has a large selection of useful tools. However, all of that is offset by various flaws. The washers used between each tool are incredibly thick, adding weight and bulk to the tool for no good reason I can see. It would be a much better tool with thinner washers in my opinion. The tools and blades are quite short, which reduces their usefulness. The plier handles are quite far apart when the pliers are closed. There's no reason for this either, as far as I can see, and makes it quite uncomfortable for all but the largest hands. This could have been easily remedied in design also.

Overall, I can't say it isn't a good value for the money. On paper at least, it has an impressive list of features for the price, but where it falls short is in the utility. None of the tools work as well as they could. For that reason, I feel I am being charitable in giving it 3 stars.
on July 20, 2015
The best multi tool on the market. I have owned others but they always fall apart, blades become loose etc.
This is my second Gerber suspension, I lost my original a few weeks ago. It had travelled around Scotland and coast to coast in Canada. Originally bought as a multi tool for when out on a motorcycle, it soon became the object you don't leave home without. Camping, travelling, fishing and at work on more than one occasion.
I love the design, it's spring loaded pliers are great, blades are nicely edged. It's also great that the blades and tools lock into place and don't fold on your fingers in use. It's also nicely shaped and finished. It looks pretty cool too.
If your looking for a very well made, reliable and solid multi tool, this is well worth the money.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 6, 2014
This is a nice every day tool you won't feel bad putting to work. It sits in the palm well even tho it's much smaller than you'd imagine from the listing. All the tools are finished nicely and lock into place securely; no worries about them snapping shut on my fingers.
My favourite part of this multi-tool is the lanyard hole, it can stay in the open position and not interfere with the tool being holstered in a pouch.

I rated it 3/5 just because it feels a bit small and it just doesn't excite me much. To be fair, if I rated it purely on it's merits and not emotional reaction this tool would easily get a 4/5 all day long.
on June 1, 2012
This Gerber Multifunction tool is very useful for somebody who needs it for work. does't take much space on the belt and it comes with a black nylon sheath. I've made a lot of research before buying and found a impresive variety of multifunction tool present on the market with price range very wide. A lot of brands each with different or similar function mutltitool, but when it comes to price/quality, Gerber's reputation preceed's them and for the price of this item depending on your needs, it's very complete. Plus it comes with a black nylon sheath wich is very practical for portable purposes like work.
on January 26, 2012
I am resisting an urge to be harsh in my review of this multitool, but I keep reminding myself that it is half the price of my Leatherman Wave and a quarter of the price of my Charge TTi.

The good:

- It's a good-looking little tool. The handles have a nice, clean finish.
- It's a lot cheaper than higher-end multitools, but much higher quality than the ultra-cheap, no-name brand ones you get in the tool aisle of your local hardware store.
- The pliers deploy very smoothly.
- For those who like this sort of thing, the pliers are spring-loaded.
- All the tools, except the pliers/wire cutters, are outside-accessible.
- All the tools lock.
- The outside tools seem reasonably solid.
- The lanyard ring is easy to deploy.
- The nylon sheath can be worn horizontally or vertically on a belt.

The bad:

- The blades are ridiculously short for a tool of this size. They're barely 1/4" longer than the blade on my keychain tool!
- The "patented Saf.T.PlusTM lock system" is clumsy and gets in the way of one-handed operation. Looks good, works awful!
- The wire cutter has a visible gap -- it won't even dent paper -- and the wire stripper is too wide to handle small gauge wires.
- The spring on the pliers is weak and mushy. It doesn't affect the operation, but it makes the tool feel cheaper.
- It's way heavier than it has any business being. Even the Leatherman Wave weighs less and it packs a lot more tools that are bigger, too.
- The asymmetric shape, thinner at one end than the other, makes it more difficult to fit in sheaths or pockets.
- The scissors are almost unusably small.
- No file. Even my keychain tool (a Gerber Vise) has a file!

The bottom line is that for a low-end multitool, it's pretty nice. It looks good enough to make a nice gift for someone who isn't a multitool fanatic, and it has a useful selection of tools. But you do get what you pay for and it can't stand up to the high-end multitools, either in quality or in function. If you plan to use it for serious work, I suggest you double down and get one of the better tools from Leatherman, Gerber, SOG or Victorinox. But for casual use, this is fine.

By the way, aside from the design of the handle, this tool is the same as the "Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Multi Tool" that sells for $20-$25 more.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 17, 2014
Perfect little multi-tool for the glove box! Takes much little space and is always useful now and then! It can be a little bit tricky to open and close some of the blades, as you sometimes have to push a button to lock/unlock what you need. I can see how it could be harder with wet or cold hands. Compared to other models I've had in the past, this one feels solid.
on September 6, 2015
MacGyver would have probably enjoyed this multi-plier, thanks to its numerous blades (knives, saws) and tools. I have not used it heavily yet, but it can be pretty useful when fishing for example. If you have to choose one multi-function plier, I recommend this one. It is easy to carry in the pocket and it is made of good material.
on May 6, 2015
I love this thing! It's comfortable in the hand, the blades are sharp and all the tools effectively lock in place, pliers have good grip, wire cutter works and hasn't shown any dents. I bring this thing with me wherever I go, and use it for something just about every day.
on December 13, 2014
This is now my EDC multitool. It is well made and has a good range of tools and functions. It is useful and functional and not too heavy. I am very fond of this piece of shiny hit and it has come in very handy on numerous occasions already.
on March 7, 2014
i got it for the car for unexpected situations, but i find i keep bringing it into the house because i'm too lazy to find my other pliers and just need one for small jobs. Think i'm going to buy another one for the house now.