5.0 out of 5 stars Fried Green Tomatoes
Published on Jan. 8 2012 by Dee

1.0 out of 5 stars Bilingue? Pas de version française
Ce Blu-ray est vendu comme était une version bilingue du film Le Secret est dans la Sauce mais aucune piste française n'est disponible lors du visionnement, seulement les sous-titres français sont disponibles! C'est totalement faux de prétendre à une version bilingue de ce film.
Published 4 months ago by transbec

5.0 out of 5 stars Fried Green Tomatoes, Jan. 8 2012
Dee - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fried Green Tomatoes (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
One of my all favourites. Initially, the DVD stopped playing at 1 hr 30 mins - no problem for Amazon. I had the option of a replacement or my money back and chose to get a replacement. Amazon emailed a return postage paid label and return coding slip and sent a replacement out immediately which I received very quickly. I even got an email letting me know they had received the one I had returned.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. One I have seen several times but the story is so engaging I wanted in my collection of favourites. Kathy Bates is great, so is Jessica Tandy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un excellent film mais des infos fausses quant aux langues disponibles sur DVD, Oct. 22 2009
Alain Vezina "Vélogre" (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
Je ne veux qu'avertir que cet excellent film, dans l'édition ici présentée, ne comporte pas de piste en français, comme cela est faussement annoncé.

Il faudrait que Amazon veille à beaucoup plus de rigueur à cet égard. J'ai déjà vécu la situation inverse ou la piste française était présente pour un DVD qui affichait ne pas en disposer.

Ça me semble très très important.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bilingue? Pas de version française, March 7 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, Feb. 2 2010
Sorry for my bad english. On your web site, it says that the film has french and english spoken language and french subtitles. But it's only english for spoken language, french for subtitles.
I've decide to keep it anyway, I will practice my englsh, but in the future, I will hesitate buying another film, even if it says french spoken language.

Have a nice day

Réjean Couture

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie., Aug. 22 2013
This review is from: Fried Green Tomatoes (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I had seen this movie before and was thrilled to purchase it. I've seen it again and again since then. No regrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful movie, Jan. 12 2013
This review is from: Fried Green Tomatoes (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Loved the story in this movie!strong women can withstand any challenge if they support each other @love and respect!Life can change in an instant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Touching, funny study of friendship, July 29 2011
K. Gordon - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Very well acted comedy/drama about the friendship (and unspoken love) between
two young women in the 1920's southern US.

Jessica Tandy, Mary Louise Parker and Mary Stuart Masterson are all terrific, and
the story is sweet and entertaining.

There's something a little dishonest in the film's resolute refusal to deal with the
homoerotic inferences, (I understand the book was less coy) and a few too many
times I could feel the film's conscious intent to push my emotional buttons in the
dramatic sections.

But still well worth seeing for the strong acting, and warm sense of time and place.

4.0 out of 5 stars Touching, funny study of friendship, July 29 2011
K. Gordon - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Very well acted comedy/drama about the friendship (and unspoken love) between
two young women in the 1920's southern US..

the story is sweet and entertaining.

However, there's something a little dishonest in the film's resolute refusal to deal with the
homoerotic inferences (I understand the book was less coy), and a few too many times I
could feel the film's conscious intent to push my emotional buttons in the dramatic sections.

1.0 out of 5 stars Erreur de description, Nov. 4 2011
Malheureusement, Amazon a faussement décrit ce DVD en annonçant les langages (français, anglais et espagnol).
Seule la version anglaise du film y figure. J'ai du le retourner pour remboursement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Director Avnet gets a C-minus for ignoring lesbian subtext, July 6 1999
By A Customer
Fanny Flagg's novel, though intentionally or nor,portrayed a lesbian subtext relationship between Idgy and Ruth. Even though these heroines were never found between the sheets they definately had a romantic relationship. The book does a much better job at looking at this dynamic; two women who are devoted to each other beyond any other relationship. When, in the movie, the story hints at Ninny really being an older Idgy I was extremely disappointed. In the novel, Ninny is Idgy's sister-in-law; once being married to the eldest Threadgoode boy.
They movie, however, does stand on its own as a good movie. However, I don't suggest reading the book first.

Fried Green Tomatoes (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 5.00