5.0 out of 5 stars Great for die hards and new fans alike...., May 25 2006
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 1 (DVD)
This is an exceptionally well writen and well cast show.If you have not seen it before and enjoyed both the Practice for its writing and strong social issues and Ally McBeal for its quirkiness then I highly suggest checking this one out. For a five disc dvd set the price is pretty fair, however, the bonus documentories were a bit short and therefore a bit dissapointing. However, if you are a new fan of David E. Kelley (the show's creator), this collection is a great way to catch up on episodes you may have missed from the first season....be sure to watch the season finale as it is surely one of James Spader's finest pieces of acting.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, Hooked on the first show, June 30 2006
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 1 (DVD)
I knew of James Spader but did not know anything about him. What range he has as an actor. I truly enjoy the whole ensemble cast. The acting and the humour is top notch. By the way William Shatner has found his new element. I can't wait until the new season begins. Buy this SERIES you won't be disappointed. I have watched it countless times already.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great show, very good quality DVD, and fair price - all I ask is ..., June 17 2006
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 1 (DVD)
... that they also give us access to a DVD including the episodes of "The Practice" that included the introduction of James Spader's character to the firm of Crane, Pool and Schmidt. The way they set the stage, including Camryn Manheim's hostile "interaction" with one of Boston Legal's female lawyers, was delighful.

Yes it's disappointing that the extras are very limited, but we got this set fot the show itself, and it's great to see the episodes, in good transfer quality, in order and on demand.

Truly a series you will watch more than once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show!, July 23 2010
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 1 (DVD)
I had never watched The Practice before so didn't have any preconceptions about how this show would be like. I started watching Boston Legal in the middle of Season one, when it just happened to be on TV, and I was hooked! The cast is great and the characters are funny. The writing is really good and it's just a fun law show to watch. This is the best season out of all of them, so I definitely recommend Season One. It has the best cast of characters before everyone starts leaving!

For more reviews, check out my blog at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Written Show On Television, July 7 2006
Warren Green (Peterborough Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 1 (DVD)
It's hard to know where to start, but the writers and researchers for this show deserve a lot of the credit, and really can't be praised highly enough. Not to take anything away from James Spader, William Shatner, Candice Bergen and the rest of the cast. The long spiels they give Allen Shore really showcase the acting ability of James Spader, and his chemistry with Shatner is priceless.

Although I didn't really care for him or find him funny in a couple of episodes of "Third Rock From The Sun", William Shatner can be funny. One of my favorite lines from a movie came from "Showtime". Shatner referring to Deniro, "That guy's the worst actor I've ever seen".

Especially memorable is the Mad Cow episode, where Denny Crane comes to the conclusion that he no longer has Alzheimer's, but Mad Cow Disease. Every time he brings it up (almost every episode thereafter), he must give the beef industry fits. It's especially funny knowing he's vegetarian in real life. Although I wonder what he eats, because he's the fattest vegetarian I've ever seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy the content of the show, July 6 2014
I enjoy the content of the show. The quality of the discs is poor as the sound is out of sync with the picture. This is distracting and annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cerebral legal comedy, really glad I watched it!, June 1 2014
I would recommend this to anyone who wants a bit of intellectual humor in their collection of DVDs! A lot of fun, well put together not *too* over the top. At times can be really silly, but still a gripping comedy and very engaging at serious times. If you are contemplating buying this, contemplate no more and just click 'buy'. You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST TV Shows of all time., May 31 2014
G. Gardner (Canada) - See all my reviews
Hilarious / sad / heart-wrenching / ridiculous / maddening / tear-jerking
The writers are genius.
James Spader is beyond superb. Bill Shatner in his best role. Perfection.
The closing statements will do you in again and again - the writing is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boston Legal Season One, Nov. 8 2011
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 1 (DVD)
We had only seen about one of the Boston Legal shows, so decided to buy Season One of the series. Our whole family enjoyed it. (We're all adult!)
The humour is bizarre, creative and often very philosophical. The actors are good in all the parts. We enjoyed the whole of the first season and now intend to buy more of the seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked!, Feb. 4 2009
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 1 (DVD)
Friends reccomended this show but we never had time to watch it live. We received the box set for Christmas and now we're hooked and we can't wait for the arrival of the next 3 seasons! The dialogue and the characterization of Denny Crane (Shatner) and Alan Shore (Spader) is outstanding. Could the casting be any better?

David E. Kelley delivers winning combinations every time.

Boston Legal: Season 1
Boston Legal: Season 1 by Jeannot Szwarc (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 37.98 CDN$ 29.18