5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price!
Published on Feb. 21 2012 by Oilofjoy2

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflates quickly
We bought this product in August and just used it for guests. The mattress deflated very quickly and our guests decided to sleep in the attic. I do not recommend this product.
Published on Oct. 25 2012 by Cc

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price!, Feb. 21 2012
This review is from: Wenzel Insta-Bed Queen Raised Sure Grip bottom with built-in pump, 80" x 60" x 22" inflated, (green) (Sports)
I ordered this Wenzel Insta-bed from Amazon On-line, because I needed something to sleep on when visiting family in Canada. 1)It arrived in just a few days, right to the door. 2) The bed inflates very quickly, and it did not lose air. 3) It is very comfortable to sleep on, and I did not waken up with a backache. 4) I found I did not "roll off it" My young grand-kids took turns sleeping with me, and they slept like little lambs on it as well. 5) Regular queen sized sheets fit on it well, and they did not slip off. I liked the velvety surface. I thought that was very important because I have slept on other airbeds, and the sheets slipped before morning came along. 6) The price was cheap compared to other airbeds. This bed is worth the price, and lives up to its attributes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wenzel Insta-Bed Queen Raised Sure Grip bottom, Nov. 1 2012
Bought this bed for my mother who just moved into a condo and wanted a temporary guest bed. Wanted double, but Wenzel doesn't make a double, so had to buy new sheets for a queen bed (one of the reasons it didn't rate a 5/5). Pumped up and deflated just as stated, each within about 2-3 minutes. Not excessively loud - I have heard louder bed pumps, but you wouldn't want to pump it up a little in the wee hours of the night. The only other thing that would make this product better is an indicator light that it is at it's maximum firmness or an automatic pump shut off when it reaches critical mass. The directions stated to let the pump continue until you hear the motor change to a higher pitched motor noise. I got a little worried as the firmness increased and wasn't sure if the noise was any different (for a woman, in a 3 minute time span, do you know how many thoughts and plans go through your head?), imagining blowing up the thing into a thousand pieces by over-inflating it. So, I stopped short of maybe ideal firmness. It did loose some air (as expected and stated it would) overnight, but the motor, control knobs and plug in are very convenient to add a little more. The plug in and cord tuck in nicely to a plastic cup pocket in the bed. Unfortunately, if the motor goes, sounds like you are out of luck as it is built in - but no hoses or extra parts to loose is the upside. Time will tell if the product lasts. Deflates fully and it fits very easily into the tote bag supplied, so it is a breeze to fold it up and store. Didn't smell too much. I just let it air out for a day before first use.
Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflates quickly, Oct. 25 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars great night sleep, Aug. 21 2011
Pros:
- Fast to set up
- Fast to fold, great deflate mechanism
- Fairly comfortable.
- Holds the air fairly good from night to night.
- Relatively quiet pump.
- Folds fairly small, easy to store.

Cons:
- It is still an inflatable. Not as good as a good mattress, but better than a lousy mattress.

Bottom line:
- If you need an inflatable, that's the one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wenzel Insta-bed Queen, Jan. 29 2011
I bought this bed for my son who attends university away from home. He says the bed is great, really comfortable. So comfortable that he has trouble getting out of it in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, Oct. 4 2013
Stephane L. (Quebec) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After researching online on the websites of large Canadian chains, I realized that most brands of inflatable mattresses available were getting bad to average reviews at best. This discouraged me quite a bit from purchasing such a product at first.

Then I stumbled on the Wenzel brand reading reviews on american sites which was getting very good reviews. I took a look on amazon.ca and low and behold, the Wenzel mattresses were available! I didn't hesitate to purchase this model trusting the brand and I do not regret my decision!

First of all, Wenzel offers excellent customer service from what I've read online (not like some very well known other brands in Canada which shall remain nameless). Need a replacement within a year? just cut out the mattress "tag" and return it to Wenzel for a full replacement.

Now onto the product itself.

The mattress is very large. 80" x 60" covers quite a bit of real estate! The height is good enough that you could consider this an actual bed vs just a mattress. So getting on and off is very easy.

The integrated pump is not too noisy and inflates the whole thing in about 4 minutes. Deflating takes about the same time.

There are 2 portion of the bed to inflate or deflate at will: the central portion and the outer portion. Therefore, you can easily tinker the feel of the bed to adjust your needs.

The comfort now... I honestly found it a little on the hard side, considering that there is no padding like on a regular mattress. I had a foam mattress pad of about 1.5 inch unused at home that I put on the mattress to ease the firmness: tada! I now sleep like a baby in that thing.

I use this mattress 1 to 2 nights a week and keep it inflated most of the time. A 20 second touchup of air is required about one time out of two to keep the firmness I like. The mattress stays plugged in at all times, so this is not a hassle at all. Keep in mind my mattress is fairly new and you have to take into account that the material will be stretching for a while, according to Wenzel support.

Also keep in mind that temperature variations might affect the firmness (cold air contracts, warm air expands).

The sheets hold very well and I just flip the bed against the wall when not in use, with the sheets on and they hold still.

All in all, I am very satisfied and won't be embarrassed at all to have guests use this bed. An excellent buy in my book!

EDIT Oct. 10th: unfortunately, had to return the product because it was not staying inflated throughout the night. Didn't want a repair or exchange since the product was only 2 weeks old. Having to frequently re-inflate meant quite a bit of trial and error to figure out the right firmess - not fun to do in the middle of the night. Amazon's phone customer service was very helpful and top notch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Bed, Feb. 8 2013
This is the second bed that I have purchased. The first one lasted over two years with everyday use. Very durable and you can adjust the inflation to suit your taste. I would highly recomend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product Wenzel Insta-bed, Dec 3 2012
Exactly as described - doesn't slip on the floor yet is easily moveable - inflates and deflates as described and is comfortable to sleep on. Only wish there was a built in timer so you didn't have to stay there for inflation/deflation

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guest bed, Nov. 3 2012
We bought this as a spare bed for our house. We've had a few people stay now - we've been told its quite comfortable but we did have to put a mattress pad on it so that it wasn't so cold (just takes so long for the air to warm up I guess). The price is right and it has served its purpose very well! I like that it came with a carry bag too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy, Nov. 2 2011
I ordered this bed last minute when I realized I didn't have enough beds for my family over thanksgiving. My sister and her husband are not "petite" so i wanted a bed that was solid and would support them comfortably. This bed was perfect. It was easy to setup all you had to do was plug it in and flip the switch! Deflating was just as easy and we even got it bag into it's bag and box! Take note of the two different dials for inner and outer inflating because they did adjust this afterwards to get their desired firmness.