5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price!
Published on Feb. 21 2012 by Oilofjoy2

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflates quickly
We bought this product in August and just used it for guests. The mattress deflated very quickly and our guests decided to sleep in the attic. I do not recommend this product.
Published 17 months ago by Cc

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price!, Feb. 21 2012
This review is from: Wenzel Insta-Bed Queen Raised Sure Grip bottom with built-in pump, 80" x 60" x 22" inflated, (green) (Sports)
I ordered this Wenzel Insta-bed from Amazon On-line, because I needed something to sleep on when visiting family in Canada. 1)It arrived in just a few days, right to the door. 2) The bed inflates very quickly, and it did not lose air. 3) It is very comfortable to sleep on, and I did not waken up with a backache. 4) I found I did not "roll off it" My young grand-kids took turns sleeping with me, and they slept like little lambs on it as well. 5) Regular queen sized sheets fit on it well, and they did not slip off. I liked the velvety surface. I thought that was very important because I have slept on other airbeds, and the sheets slipped before morning came along. 6) The price was cheap compared to other airbeds. This bed is worth the price, and lives up to its attributes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wenzel Insta-Bed Queen Raised Sure Grip bottom, Nov. 1 2012
Bought this bed for my mother who just moved into a condo and wanted a temporary guest bed. Wanted double, but Wenzel doesn't make a double, so had to buy new sheets for a queen bed (one of the reasons it didn't rate a 5/5). Pumped up and deflated just as stated, each within about 2-3 minutes. Not excessively loud - I have heard louder bed pumps, but you wouldn't want to pump it up a little in the wee hours of the night. The only other thing that would make this product better is an indicator light that it is at it's maximum firmness or an automatic pump shut off when it reaches critical mass. The directions stated to let the pump continue until you hear the motor change to a higher pitched motor noise. I got a little worried as the firmness increased and wasn't sure if the noise was any different (for a woman, in a 3 minute time span, do you know how many thoughts and plans go through your head?), imagining blowing up the thing into a thousand pieces by over-inflating it. So, I stopped short of maybe ideal firmness. It did loose some air (as expected and stated it would) overnight, but the motor, control knobs and plug in are very convenient to add a little more. The plug in and cord tuck in nicely to a plastic cup pocket in the bed. Unfortunately, if the motor goes, sounds like you are out of luck as it is built in - but no hoses or extra parts to loose is the upside. Time will tell if the product lasts. Deflates fully and it fits very easily into the tote bag supplied, so it is a breeze to fold it up and store. Didn't smell too much. I just let it air out for a day before first use.
Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflates quickly, Oct. 25 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Wenzel Insta-bed Queen, Jan. 29 2011
I bought this bed for my son who attends university away from home. He says the bed is great, really comfortable. So comfortable that he has trouble getting out of it in the morning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Bed, Feb. 8 2013
This is the second bed that I have purchased. The first one lasted over two years with everyday use. Very durable and you can adjust the inflation to suit your taste. I would highly recomend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product Wenzel Insta-bed, Dec 3 2012
Exactly as described - doesn't slip on the floor yet is easily moveable - inflates and deflates as described and is comfortable to sleep on. Only wish there was a built in timer so you didn't have to stay there for inflation/deflation

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guest bed, Nov. 3 2012
We bought this as a spare bed for our house. We've had a few people stay now - we've been told its quite comfortable but we did have to put a mattress pad on it so that it wasn't so cold (just takes so long for the air to warm up I guess). The price is right and it has served its purpose very well! I like that it came with a carry bag too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy, Nov. 2 2011
I ordered this bed last minute when I realized I didn't have enough beds for my family over thanksgiving. My sister and her husband are not "petite" so i wanted a bed that was solid and would support them comfortably. This bed was perfect. It was easy to setup all you had to do was plug it in and flip the switch! Deflating was just as easy and we even got it bag into it's bag and box! Take note of the two different dials for inner and outer inflating because they did adjust this afterwards to get their desired firmness.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but not great, Oct. 17 2011
Purchased this ed to use for a two week period while we had relatives at home. The bead pumps itself fairly quickly but seems to leek noticeably after two nights of rest. It's fairly easy to pump it back with the fully integrated pump. One other thing, the bed sinks in the middle when you have two persons sleeping on the mattress.

Overall, good product but would need a bit more to make it a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great night sleep, Aug. 21 2011
Pros:
- Fast to set up
- Fast to fold, great deflate mechanism
- Fairly comfortable.
- Holds the air fairly good from night to night.
- Relatively quiet pump.
- Folds fairly small, easy to store.

Cons:
- It is still an inflatable. Not as good as a good mattress, but better than a lousy mattress.

Bottom line:
- If you need an inflatable, that's the one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›