summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$47.95+ $3.49 shipping

on January 5, 2008
I didn't expect this film to be so excellently done. The work and wisdom of Mother Teresa are presented concisely. This world will be a much better place if we have more people following the example of Mother Teresa. You don't really need to go to Calcutta or poor places to start your serving. There are always neighbors you should love more dearly, instead of expecting to be loved first, starting from our family, brothers and sisters, and circles of friends and co-workers. Be kind to people and be ready to help (even maintaining a better temper during our driving can be a good way). Mother Teresa possessed true faith even she felt dry and lived in darkness for many years, and still continued to serve on something that selfish people like me consider impossible. She deserves much much more respects than the other lady who passed away in the same year, the good deeds between the two are incomparable.
on September 23, 2007
the film is excellent and the message potent. i used this dvd at a retreat and it was a marvellous spiritual experience for all present. highly recommend it to everyone seeking to deepen their spiritual life.
on January 5, 2011
This film brought to life how Mother Teresa started her work in India that founded the Sister's of Charity. It illustrates both her strength and her weaknesses...her determination and courage and yet her dark moments too. Real and compelling. This is a film every Catholic should see...every Christian too. In fact any person who is interested in helping the world become a better place. Truly inspirational.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 24, 2014
Olivia Hussey gave a first-class performance as Mother Teresa in this movie. The whole production was a massive undertaking, following the many years of Mother Teresa as an adult. Calcutta was realistically portrayed with the incredible misery and suffering of the poor and sick. I could almost smell the filth in the streets as we watched the story unfold.

At times the storyline seemed a little disjointed, and often we had to piece together ourselves just what had happened and what was currently taking place. Perhaps using a narrator from time to time would have been helpful. Perhaps it was assumed by the writers that we already knew the story of Mother Teresa's life and therefore they didn't have to do much explaining along the way.

I read Mother Teresa's biography after we watched the movie and found that, for the most part, the storyline was accurate. A few details were put in a different order in the movie, and some sequences were cut short. The phenomenal extent of her work was not made entirely clear in the movie dialogue. I was pleased to learn that Mother Teresa is considered to be the greatest humanitarian of the 20th century. Her example reveals to all of us what tremendous good just one dedicated person can do. I believe this movie will be an encouragement to anyone who watches it.
on March 2, 2014
This is an absolutely amazing movie. The trials and hardships this wonderful woman went through for her cause would move any of us. I cannot tell you how many times I have watched this movie and I still would watch it again!!! Very inspiring and motivational to say the least. It is a definite "MUST SEE MOVIE"!!!
on September 6, 2013
I found this movie so inspirational. How a humble nun could hear God speaking to her heart and had the courage to listen. Wonderful portrayal of her life and struggles.I would recommend this movie to anyone who is interested in Mother Teresa's life and her journey of faith.
on December 23, 2011
Cette version de l'histoire de Mère Theresa a aussi été très bien fait, j'ai été très touché par la persévérance de cette religieuse qui a du ce combattre avec son église afin de réusir a vivre ce quelle voulait démontré a gens de la terre
on November 29, 2012
A great movie about the life of a courageous, generous woman in our times. Regardless of yoor faith background the story of such passion for the forgotten, the weak, and the poor is overwhelming. Terrific acting, we were moved to tears.
on June 3, 2013
An accurate account of the life of a modern day saint. Vivid portrayals of Calcutta and the difficulties of realizing the goals that mother Teresa felt she was called to accomplish.
on January 13, 2014
this movie gives great insight into parts of the life of Teresa.its well acted out and very entiraning,worth buying for the price you pay for it