Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools Kitchen

Format: Audio CDChange

on August 16, 2007
I came upon this by the recommendation of my college radio. I will add that I rarely take these recommendations as they usually involve bands who make sporatic animal sounds while breaking glass and hitting various kitchen utensils. Still, I heard a preview on the internet and was hooked. It also helped that this only cost me 8$.

All the tracks on this album are amazing. Their brevity molds them into one amazing 15 minute long journey (7 songs all around 2 minutes long). I don't think I've ever not listened to the entire thing upon starting.

Everything from the cool apocolyptic story, instrumentation and voices in this album are great. The whole thing comes together to be easy for even casual music fans. Nothing elitist ala 5 minutes of distortion in Sonic Youth/V. Underground.

I have trouble comparing them because, in my opinion, they have quite a unique sound. Maybe "Lonesome Crowded west" era modest mouse, but not quite as heavy.

I can't wait until they release a full length album. This is the price of a fast food meal. Get it. Enjoy it. If you don't... Your dumb. But seriously.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse