5.0 out of 5 stars STARGATE SG-1
Just beginning to collect the series now...enjoyed it on TV...but more enjoyable owning the discs themselves...
What a cast of characters.....Richard Dean Anderson - Michael Shanks-whom I thoroughly enjoy his character -
Their Mission is to meet as many RACES in the universe as possible- while keeping ahead of the GOA'ULD- the ancient Egyptian Gods...
Published 2 months ago by JR

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Season!
I thnk that Season 2 was okay. It could of been a little more dramatic. I did like Col. O'Neill in his uniform.
Published on Dec 1 2003

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars French audio track?, Sept. 10 2002
Like all of you, I'm waiting for the second boxed set since the first one was released because it's simply the best sci-fi serie I know. But I'm asking you a question, is there anybody knowing if, like the first season, a french track will be included on the DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stargate SG-1 Season 2 Boxed Set, Sept. 8 2002
Martha Peplinski (Milwaukee, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I love the episodes from Season 2 of Stargate and FINALLY to get them on dvd is fantastic. The episodes that are included are some of the best from this series. It's been a while since I've seen these episodes and it's fun being able to view them again and celebrate what a wonderful show this was!

4.0 out of 5 stars widescreen, Sept. 7 2002
By A Customer
The only bad thing about the box set it is in widescreen.
whould be alot better in full scrren.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zat guns galore!, Sept. 6 2002
WARNING! SPOILERS.
Season 2 has it all man! With "The Serpent's Lair" we see the conclusion to the 4-part conclusion of Season One's last 3 episodes. And it's a doosey, let me tell ya. And if you recall, the cliffhanger introduced us to a quite unique Goa'uld weapon commonly known as Zat Gun. The first shot incompacitates, the second kills, the third disentagrates. Well, Season 2 sees extended use of this weapon and it becomes an exciting new special effect.
But anyway enough of the Zat gun talk. Season 2 sees SG-1 come into its own. Lots of good episodes in this ste and I haven't even watched half of them yet. Lots of good Goa'uld episodes. In the episode "Thor's Chariot" we once again see the Horus-type System Lord Goa'ulds. We also find out that these are Apothisis' mortal enemies. We are also first introduced to the Asgard named "Thor" in an interactive hologram.
In Season 2 lots of loose ends are tied up from Season 1 as well as several new plot elements are revieled subtletly. The existance of the 6th Season's Prometheus battleship program is revieled in the Season opener.
In the episode "Secrets" we find out what happened to Sha're, Daniel's wife from Abydos. This discovery results in another confrontation with the Horus group System Lords.
We also discover the Tok'ra in this Season. The Tok'ra are a group of Jaffa who are in rebellion from the evil System Lords and the Serpent Gods. We see the Tok'ra in many up-coming episodes in later seasons.
So all in all, Season 2 has become known as one of the best seasons of the series and I can see why. There really isn't one bad episode in the bunch and we see a lot of new plot arcs starting and other getting moved along from earlier. The humor is still there and so is the episode ending "oh boys" (as in they've just let a bad guy get away) as the credits roll. So if you like SG-1 in anyway, or are wondering just how good this series is, pick up Season 2 and if you hadn't already Season 1 as well. Season 2 will show you just how good the writing is on this show. I rate SG-1 right up there with Babylon 5 with story telling.

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER, Sept. 6 2002
R. PAYNE "taikutsuna" (caldwell,id) - See all my reviews
obviously if you are reading about stargate sg-1 SECOND season you are undoubtedly familiar with the "THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH".
so i will tell you about the dvds themselves.when i reviewed the first season i lambasted M.G.M for screwing their customers.
after watching the entire second season in two days (i'm addicted) i want to apoligize to M.G.M ....RARELY DO YOU GET THIS KIND OF QUALITY FOR THIS KIND OF PRICE. there are inferior television series out there that sell for double and triple what M.G.M has made this available for..........BRAVO M.G.M.
now for the show...
as i mentioned i bought the show on tuesday afternoon and had viewed all 22 episodes by thursday evening...(YES I WENT TO WORK) i kept telling myself "just one more" they're so good have another. maybe a 12 step program is in order....NAH!!!!!
it's easy to call this "SCI-FI" and cat-hole it but even though the basis for the show is SCI-FI this show is more a mixture of.....okay hold your breath..... (science,action,drama,comedy,philosophical and theological fiction masterpiece!)
every episode continues to feed off previous episodes and yet each episode can do in 45 minutes by themselves what alot of feature length movies fail to do in 90+ MINUTES.....(that's entertain if you didn't get it)
alot of the later seasons refer to events that happen in this season and only in this season.....SO BASICALLY IT IS NOT TO BE MISSED!
if you have watched a couple of episodes of stargate sg-1 in a sporadic order on the many channels it has played and thought to yourself "this shows pretty good i don't know what the fuss is about" i encourage you (you are now encouraged)to pick up both season one and two and watch them in order you will look at stargate sg-1 with a whole new light.....
OH YEAH....ALMOST FORGOT
CAPT/MAJ CARTER IS HOT!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great season, Sept. 5 2002
Eugenio F Gomez (Yuma, Arizona USA) - See all my reviews
Stargate sg-1 season 2 is one of my favorites, now I'm counting down until season 3 is released.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Series Bad Copy?, Sept. 5 2002
By A Customer
I've eagerly awaited the second season and have spent any free time going over any episodes I've missed. I've noticed several places where the DVD skips or picture breaks up. I've tried on all systems in the house and it must be the DVDs themselves. I figured MGM would do better as long as we had to wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stargate gets better, Sept. 5 2002
R. Heaton "SimUmp" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have waited a long time to see Season 2 again. This is where I first came into the show when it was in syndication on my local Fox station. Now I can see them whenever I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars At long last!, Sept. 3 2002
A great show, with excellent special effects, surprising plot twists and some really good writing and acting. Sometimes the direction leaves something to be desired, with some integral dialog and/or scenes that would illuminate the plot or the action being ignored or thrown away, but the show keeps your interest and it's about time the second season was released. I watch my taped episodes over and over again, and I can't wait for Season 3 in January! The show is in its sixth season on The Sci Fi Channel, and one can only hope season seven is on the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sci-Fi EVER!, Aug. 30 2002
Peggy M Hilliard (Broken Arrow, Oklahoma United States) - See all my reviews
Absolutely love this series!! If you are not a Sci-Fi lover you will be after one episode of Stargate. Highly Recommend!!!!

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xbf73ee1c)

Stargate SG-1: Season 2
Stargate SG-1: Season 2 by Richard Dean Anderson (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 37.98 CDN$ 32.01