5.0 out of 5 stars The Series Takes Off
The first season of Stargate: SG-1 was very good. It had good stories, but it also had great potential to become something better. Season 2 has begun to realize said potential. Many of the episodes this season expanded on ideas and arcs from the first season, as well as introducing new ideas, characters, and locations. For example, we meet Thor (in his true form), as...
Published on March 28 2004 by Andrew

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost 2 stars due to lack of extras
Yes, it's a great series. Yes, we're all smiling silly at the opportunity to see the episodes in season 2. But the DVD format is supposed to allow for the inclusion of extras, which simply aren't there this time. Very sad. Season 1 DVDs had captions; not this time. Season 1 DVDs had several featurettes; season 2 has only one. Season 1 had innovative navigation screens;...
Published on Nov. 19 2002 by Rodrigo

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this show, Aug. 15 2003
I love sci-fi that doesn't take itself too seriously. This is exactly one of those shows. Stargate pokes fun at itself while not having totally ludicris story lines.
I plan on purchasing the entire series on DVD so I can watch it any time I need a pick-me-up. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this show, Aug. 15 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice movies, need subtitles, Sept. 30 2002
These DVD's are great. The only thing they don't have is sufficient extra material. There are only 2 interviews and other little snippits, but that's it. Compared to the European DVD's these are practically bare bones versions. Also, there is no subtitles for English which I miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites, Nov. 13 2002
This is a great box set. Season 2 of SG-1 was a solid step up in quality from Season 1. "The Fifth Race" is still one of my favorite episodes. The special features are a bit cheesy, but I bought this set for the episodes. My big question: where is Season 3 for Region 1 DVD?

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the Best Written SF show on TV, June 18 2002
Brad (Leesburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
Stargate SG-1 remains the best written SF show on television today, bar none. It has a wit, intelligence, consistency, and style all it's own. Season 2 picked up right where Season 1 left off, and continued to expand the universe of SG1. SF Fans, I urge you to view this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love this show., Jan. 6 2003
By A Customer
I would just like to say that I love Stargate and I also can't wait for the rest to be released. I would also like to add that the SciFi Channel is running all of the episodes in order every Monday night. I am at least greatful for that, so that I can follow the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stargate SG-1 Season 2 Boxed Set, Aug. 14 2002
what can you say the best of the best of stargate sg1 so far the exters are mind blowing, its all round one of the best dvds yoou can buy on the market oh and if you did not know im just a bit of a fan well im a very big fan buy this dvd box set and enjoy it from Scott.

5.0 out of 5 stars French audio track?, Sept. 9 2002
Like all of you, I'm waiting for the second boxed set since the first one was released because it's simply the best sci-fi serie I know. But I'm asking you a question, is there anybody knowing if, like the first season, a french track will be included on the DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stargate SG-1, Oct. 27 2002
Thomas Magalhaes (Bloomfield, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
Stargate SG-1` is a fine sci-fi series.A take off from the movie Stargate,the series starts where the movie ends.If you liked the movie you'll love the series. I have seasons 1 and 2 in the box set and hope that I won't have to wait until next fall for season 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, but poor features, Sept. 30 2002
David L. Jenkins (Downey, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Look, the show is great. But this is the only DVD I have bought that will not allow me to pause the scene. I would like to be able to look at some of the special effects while paused. THe special documentaries leave a lot to be desired. Oh well...

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›

Stargate SG-1: Season 2
Stargate SG-1: Season 2 by Richard Dean Anderson (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 32.01