5.0 out of 5 stars Now it all makes sense...
I have always believed that Stargate SG-1 is one of the best things happening on TV, and I see no reason to change my mind now.
There have been rumors going around for a year or so that the final season is near. Now, with the premier of "Stargate Atlantis" on sci-fi the intent of the show's producers is clear - the tablet found at the end of season 6 that...
Published on July 17 2004 by swingreen

3.0 out of 5 stars A negative feel
The weakness of season 6 is not the loss of the Daniel Jackson character, but the negative & dark shadowing of the story lines. The stories & plots tend towards the hopeless and destitute, with very few positive or upbeat endings. Much too much emphasis is put on the "ascension" aspect, to the point of wondering of the show has developed a religious...
Published on June 19 2004 by bjshorses2

4.0 out of 5 stars Stargate SG-1 Season 6 Boxed Set, Dec 23 2004
Melissa Messenger "SG1 Tragic" (West Wyalong, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
I found that SG-1 just keeps getting better as it goes along. However in Season 6 we do not see Daniel Jackson and although I think Jonas Quinn is a good character, there did seem to be a void left when Daniel departed.
I do like Corin Nemic as Jonas but his character does not have the passion that Daniel did when it came to finding relics, ancient dialects and well just in general.
Overall though, the season is great. Some fantastic acting by the whole cast. I think Stargate is unique in the fact that it has a very strong ensemble cast and none are really weaker than the other.
I really look forward to getting my Season 7 boxed set for Christmas and really cannot wait for Season 8 to wrap up and come out in the boxed set.
Stargate SG-1 lives on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for a fantastic show to watch?, March 4 2004
Well, you've come to the right place. I was never a sci-fi fan until I started watching this show. To date, this has been the only show to have me laughing, crying, and sitting on the edge of my seat all in one episode. My favorite thing about this show is the dynamics of the characters. When one member of the team is in trouble, the rest are there to help at any cost. In "Abyss", Daniel Jackson returns to his friend's (Colonel O'neill)aid as he is being tortured. Back on Earth, the rest of the team desperatly tries to figure a way to get their firend home. This is just one example of the many great episodes you will find in this season. This is an exceptional show. I really hope you can enjoy it as much as I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars While still good, it could be better., Feb. 9 2004
Adam (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
Having watched the series from its beginnings on Showtime, I can honestly say that the blending of sci-fi and mythology is one of the best I have ever seen. Season 6, having aired on Sci-fi channel as opposed to Showtime, I was leery of what they might do to the already well formed storylines, but was pleasantly surprised at the production quality and continuation of the storyline. Though the story as of late hasn't been up to par with the rest of the series, it is still a lot better than anything out there for sci-fi fans. For the disillusioned fans of Star Trek (due to the horrible Enterprise series), I recommend the entire series and the new episodes on the Sci-fi channel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost gets the five stars!, March 11 2004
E. C. Manning "CarterMackenzie (Beth)" (Lower Hutt, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This series is definitely a favourite of mine. I love the stories, and the acting is great as expected! The DVD is extra special with the audio commentaries that always have me laughing outloud (especially Martin Wood's and Peter Deluise)! And extra bonus was the Director's Featurettes, again by Martin and Peter - they're brilliant to watch!
My only complaint - and why it doesn't get the five stars - Where on earth are the captions!!! This is really sad in this day in age for a DVD to be released without captions for the deaf and hearing impaired!!!
Great DVD, but for that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello, Stargate SG-1, Good-bye Star Trek, Jan. 18 2004
John Michael (Dorr, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Having grown up with the original Star Trek TV series, plus all of the subsequent movies and other Star Trek television series, I must say that the storyline in the Stargate SG-1 episodes puts Star Trek to shame.
Can any Sci-Fi afficionado not be impressed by the originality of the entire Stargate setup, from the effect of seeing a starship come out of hyperspace to the warm feeling one gets when the Asgard (usually represented by Thor) show up and that special music starts playing?
This is probably the only TV series in which I'll purchase every season's DVD boxset.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my best Purchases, March 3 2004
Organic (wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This season of Stargate is one of my alltime favorite purchases from the internet or even from a store. This show is awesome, and is highly recommended. I also got great value and benefitted from the books "Wisdom Daddy Taught Me" and "Secrets of Sensual Lovemaking" and the video "Rawfully Good," and the awesome instructional dvd "New Sex Now."
I would enthusiasticly advise any of my friends to buy all of the above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stargate rulz, April 15 2004
Vittoria duSolie "fiannakyne" (Springfield, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
Season 6 is wrapping up several story lines from the previous season, due to the uncertany of the future. It also has several really good stand alone episodes as well as the start of more great story archs, including the end of Teal'c's need of the simbiote in "Changling" which I can watch over and over. I am on staff for a si-fi convention in MO, and I'm on the warpath to get Christopher Judge as a guest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuation of a good show., Jan. 26 2004
Nathan R. Watson (Tallahassee, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Stargate from the begining has been one of my favorite TV shows. Especially as of late. I've given up on Star Trek. This season while better than most shows was just not up to par with the level of previous SGSG1 seasons. I know there were reasons but I could never get past Jonas being Parker Lewis. Anyway it's definately worth picking up. But if you want 5star SciFi check out "Firefly".

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay season 6!, March 21 2004
By A Customer
It was really exciting, I got this set before the season had even finished on broadcast TV(we're a year behind without cable). Audio commentaries are always good for a laugh, but the Directors featurettes weren't as good as the video diaries from the season 5 DVDs. Overall good times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show ever made, March 5 2004
This is one of the best shows I have ever seen. I love Star Trek, and it used to be my number one show. Stargate is far better than any Star Trek. I love the dark humor they display at times. I could go on talking about the show. Please see for yourself.

Stargate SG-1: Season 6
Stargate SG-1: Season 6 by Richard Dean Anderson (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 37.98 CDN$ 35.08