5.0 out of 5 stars 3D review only
Published 9 months ago by E. Vallee

3.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray can't work miracles
I love The Little Mermaid, a movie which needs no further reviews.
The Bluray transfer I'm sure holds true to the original source material.
Just don't expect to be blown away with vivid, eye popping animation splendor.
Though some scenes do shine, many are a bit bland and granular (by design I'm sure).
Unfortunately the best image in the entire movie...
Published 9 months ago by Married Bliss

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D review only, Oct. 16 2013
E. Vallee "Digital Sith" (BC Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
What is there left to say about the Little Mermaid that hasn't been said already? It is a great movie that still holds up today. So what's new with this 3D version? Well the 3D for one. Disney did an amazing job transferring the original film into 3D. I wasn't expecting much for a 2d hand drawn movie, but they really made the movie pop out. While this is a fun way to watch the movie, I wouldn't say that it is a reason to buy this version. It is a novelty at best, and after watching it once in 3D I probably wont do it again. Not because it was bad, but rather because watching it would reveal the frames more easily than in 2D. There is some ghosting of the images, and the underwater shimmer effect doesn't work well in 3D. But since most of this movie takes place above water it is not that bad. I would say that if you are a huge fan that really wants to see this movie in 3D and missed out when it came to theaters, pick this up. Otherwise get the 2D diamond edition and save some cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Disney's best!, Nov. 14 2013
Disney has made many wonderful movies but The Little Mermaid is total enjoyment to watch. I loved watching this with my children when they were young and now I am able to share the magic with my grand-children. What could be better than that?!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful classic. I love the digital copy so that ..., July 29 2014
A wonderful classic. I love the digital copy so that it is easier to take with us when traveling. We take a few different movies each trip and keeps the little ones occupied for a bit when they are getting restless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4 2014
Grand daughter loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars For such a good price. This is a hard to find Classic ..., July 1 2014
Can't believe I finally found this movie. For such a good price. This is a hard to find Classic Disney movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, June 12 2014
This review is from: The Little Mermaid (2-Disc Platinum Edition) (DVD)
This is a classic from Disney and I would recommend it to anyone with children, will always be one of my favorites!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney Classic!, June 2 2014
Ellie's Boss (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Look at this stuff, Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you say my collections complete? This is a very enjoyable movie! The music is amazing!

4.0 out of 5 stars LITTLE MERMAID, May 28 2014
This review is from: The Little Mermaid (2-Disc Platinum Edition) (DVD)
What is there left to say about the Little Mermaid that hasn't been said already? It is a great movie that still holds up today. So what's new with this 3D version? Well the 3D for one. Disney did an amazing job transferring the original film into 3D. I wasn't expecting much for a 2d hand drawn movie, but they really made the movie pop out. While this is a fun way to watch the movie, I wouldn't say that it is a reason to buy this version. It is a novelty at best, and after watching it once in 3D I probably wont do it again. Not because it was bad, but rather because watching it would reveal the frames more easily than in 2D. There is some ghosting of the images, But since most of this movie takes place above water it is not that bad. I would say that if you are a huge fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 28 2014
I had been craving this movie a few years ago but at the time it could not be purchased. Was happy to see it is available again. Arrived on time and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids like this movie, March 6 2014
My son and daughter (2 and 3 years old) have been watching this non-stop since getting it for Christmas. It comes with the DVD, the Blu-ray and a code to download the digital copy.

The Little Mermaid (2-Disc Platinum Edition)
CDN$ 36.99 CDN$ 21.90