5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Save a lot of time
I just got this for my wife last week and she is very pleased with it.

It reduces the time to prepare our vegetable stews and cuts the vegetables into consistent sized cubes.

Published 13 months ago by Chris Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Good chopper, saves time
Published 16 months ago by md

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Save a lot of time, Aug. 13 2013
Chris Bennett (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prepworks from Progressive International GPC-4000 Fruit and Vegetable Chopper (Kitchen)
I just got this for my wife last week and she is very pleased with it.

**** Note: when cutting sweet potatoes, put them in the microwave for about two minutes to soften them up before cutting. My wife damaged the green medium dice blade while trying to cut them. There is a Youtube video from the company that talks about this. ****

I phoned Progressive about this and they are sending a replacement blade for no cost. They were aware of this problem and will be updating their literature.

All-in-all, a great product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good chopper, saves time, May 15 2013
After doing a lot of research I settled on this product for chopping vegetables. It works quite well. I do find that it does take some pressure to chop harder vegetables. They have to be cut first into smaller pieces to require less force. One issue is that many times after chopping an item, the lid stays stuck down and tends to pull up the blade section. You have to hold down the blade portion to separate the lid. It would have been better if they had some clamp to hold the blade portion in place. Also, a finer grid would be nice for finer dicing needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, dandy, worth the price!, March 27 2013
Debbie the book junkie in Ontario "maybaby" (Hamilton, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this after viewing it being used multiple times by a youtube poster I subscribe too. I saw it put through it's paces and through some heavy workouts and I was impressed and ordered one. I've had this several weeks now and it's seen some fairly heavy use and I'm still impressed with it's durability. I'm even considering buying it for gifts. I have a dehydrator that I use often and I used this to buzz through 6 lbs of mushrooms quickly and efficiently making uniform sliced mushrooms for even drying. I've also used it to cube apples for baking and vegetables for use in the crockpot as uniform pieces work better and cook more evenly. I have even used it to chop walnut halves for baking. I like my high end kitchen gadgets and am willing to pay for the quality. Don't be put off by the price of this ...it's very durable if you use it properly and the cleaning tool makes clean up very easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes chopping easy!, May 10 2012
laffand (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Great product for the kitchen. It makes chopping fruit and vegetables easy! The only negative I have is the size of the chopping area. I wish it was bigger as I have to presize all of the fruit and vegetables to fit on the chopping area.

5.0 out of 5 stars very fast and good quality!, March 8 2011
I've already bought one similar like this one, but one is definitely the best I could find. The plastic is very strong compared to the others I've tried!
A must for everyone who want to eat more vegetables! Should be bought from everybody conscious about is food!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you dehydrate vegetables...or make a lot of soups.., Sept. 28 2013
Then this is a serious time saver!!..works like a charm... it has saved me HOURS!!... sturdy and easy to clean....love that it has it's own storage case, too....

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, Aug. 21 2013
Saves so much time and energy! Best kitchen tool ever! I wish I got it/knew about it before! Great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this tool, July 24 2013
it works like a charm. this is the second time that I have ordered it, because the last one broke. Hint do not let a heavy hand use this product, too much pressure will break it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on the Hands, April 7 2013
"Cuts" down prep time for large cooking days, no muss no fuss. Little difficult to clean and you have to watch which sides the blades are UP. Easy storage and very resilient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it...., April 1 2013
Love it - it's easy to store, I keep it on kitchen counter for easy access- last weekend I made a trifle and used the chopper for strawberries... So easy... I chop and slice a lot as I make almost all my meals from scratch and this is very useful...it is durable, way to wash and you can store leftover chopped food directly in the container.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›