5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Save a lot of time
I just got this for my wife last week and she is very pleased with it.

It reduces the time to prepare our vegetable stews and cuts the vegetables into consistent sized cubes.

Published 21 months ago by Chris Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Good chopper, saves time
Published on May 15 2013 by md

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Save a lot of time, Aug. 13 2013
Chris Bennett (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prepworks from Progressive International GPC-4000 Fruit and Vegetable Chopper (Kitchen)
I just got this for my wife last week and she is very pleased with it.

**** Note: when cutting sweet potatoes, put them in the microwave for about two minutes to soften them up before cutting. My wife damaged the green medium dice blade while trying to cut them. There is a Youtube video from the company that talks about this. ****

I phoned Progressive about this and they are sending a replacement blade for no cost. They were aware of this problem and will be updating their literature.

All-in-all, a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, dandy, worth the price!, March 27 2013
Debbie the book junkie in Ontario "maybaby" (Hamilton, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this after viewing it being used multiple times by a youtube poster I subscribe too. I saw it put through it's paces and through some heavy workouts and I was impressed and ordered one. I've had this several weeks now and it's seen some fairly heavy use and I'm still impressed with it's durability. I'm even considering buying it for gifts. I have a dehydrator that I use often and I used this to buzz through 6 lbs of mushrooms quickly and efficiently making uniform sliced mushrooms for even drying. I've also used it to cube apples for baking and vegetables for use in the crockpot as uniform pieces work better and cook more evenly. I have even used it to chop walnut halves for baking. I like my high end kitchen gadgets and am willing to pay for the quality. Don't be put off by the price of this ...it's very durable if you use it properly and the cleaning tool makes clean up very easy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good chopper, saves time, May 15 2013
After doing a lot of research I settled on this product for chopping vegetables. It works quite well. I do find that it does take some pressure to chop harder vegetables. They have to be cut first into smaller pieces to require less force. One issue is that many times after chopping an item, the lid stays stuck down and tends to pull up the blade section. You have to hold down the blade portion to separate the lid. It would have been better if they had some clamp to hold the blade portion in place. Also, a finer grid would be nice for finer dicing needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes chopping easy!, May 10 2012
laffand (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Great product for the kitchen. It makes chopping fruit and vegetables easy! The only negative I have is the size of the chopping area. I wish it was bigger as I have to presize all of the fruit and vegetables to fit on the chopping area.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but loud!, Jan. 5 2013
Kali "They call me The Book Junkie" (Haliburton, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this because I am a rather dedicated canner, and boy does this make my job easier. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and chopping an endless supply of peppers for red/hot pepper jelly or other veggies/fruit was keeping me from doing what I love to do. Makes chopping onions much easier on the joints and the eyes (less tears)

It's louder than I expected, but it's not a huge issue. I have used it many times and there has been no damage or wear yet. Overall very pleased, and I'd recommend this to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, Sept. 26 2012
the hinge broke the first time I used it - don't buy - invest in the more expensive brand as it is likely not to break so quickly. The item is still functioning but I am feeling a little ripped off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes food prep a breeze!, May 25 2012
This Fruit and Vegetable chopper by Progressive works like a charm. It makes food prep a breeze and is easy enough for everyone in the family to help with dinner. It is much sturdier than the previous model I bought 4 years ago so I have no doubt it will last a long time. I also like the slicer attachment which its predecessor did not have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time saver, Feb. 7 2014
Over the past year or so, I've been working to incorporate a lot more vegetables into my family's diet. Part of the challenge was always with the time it takes to make dinners and packed lunches that require chopped vegetables. This chopper has cut the time it takes me to prep in half, if not more than that. I've been using it for a while now, and it doesn't seem to be suffering from any kind of dulling. It's also very easy to clean and use.

If you're looking for a way to chop vegetables easily and quickly, you will want to consider this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on the Hands, April 7 2013
"Cuts" down prep time for large cooking days, no muss no fuss. Little difficult to clean and you have to watch which sides the blades are UP. Easy storage and very resilient.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this tool, July 24 2013
it works like a charm. this is the second time that I have ordered it, because the last one broke. Hint do not let a heavy hand use this product, too much pressure will break it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›