5.0 out of 5 stars "Sword to Shield!............Shield to Sword!",, June 30 2007
Jenny J.J.I. "A New Yorker" (That Lives in Carolinas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: She-Ra: Princess of Power Best (DVD)
Watching this was such a blast. The last time I watched these shows was 20 years ago. I was way too young to know the level of animation. It was just a great adventure for me and I learned girls could have the power too. Some of the problems I had with this release was that it wasn't re-mastered at all; except for the two collective cards provided in this package and through out some of the episodes the background music and the characters voices sounded weird and far back at times.

This collection includes five popular episodes of the animated classic plus a feature-length movie "The Secret of the Sword," (which I absolutely love) was the first disc I had to pop in. This was when He-Man and She-Ra reunited at last to return home to bring the Eternian Royal Family together again and attempt to free the Kingdom of Bright Moon from Hordaks reign of the Evil Horde.

Yeah it's old, corny, animation, but it was the 80's. It was great to sit around as a family and watch something that me and my husband could laugh about as we walked down memory lane and yet my daughter thought it was neat watching the warrior princess and her friends get at it but my son wasn't feeling it as much.

At the end of each episode we have one of the character (s) explaining the moral of the story which is great and missing in today's cartoons line up. If you Love He-Man then you will love this. Highly recommend for old fans and the next generation....... "For the Honor of Grayskull!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Collection, April 3 2013
This review is from: She-Ra: Princess of Power Best (DVD)
My kids love this and I don't mind watching it as well. You get the 2 hour plus movie of how she became and quite a few episodes on the other disc. Inexpensive to buy and worth every penny. He-man always seems to come to help as well as they are siblings which you learn all about. Great back story....

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Show. EV-ER., July 12 2007
M. Cannell (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She-Ra: Princess of Power Best (DVD)
It's been twenty years since I saw She-ra, and I happened to see this DVD set by chance the other day. I was four years old when these shows were running on TV, and even now I have fond memories of rushing home after kindergarten to sit in front of the TV and watch She-Ra defeat yet another member of the Evil Hoarde, and save yet another day. Many other shows have come and gone, being labled as my 'favorite', but this one...always stuck with me. No matter how old I get, no matter how advanced computer graphics become, She-Ra will always be the best. Nothing can replace childhood memories, and these DVDs just made them...sharper. Definately worth buying. Owning. Sharing with your own children.

*holds sword aloft*

She-Ra: Princess of Power Best
She-Ra: Princess of Power Best by Marsh Lamore (DVD - 2006)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 9.94