5.0 out of 5 stars Fast & easy, Feb. 1 2010
This review is from: Cisco SPA2102 2FXS VoIP Phone Adapter with Router (Personal Computers)
I purchased this unit when, dissatisfied with the value received from my local Bell company, I wanted to get more features and more power for less money using VOIP. Though I plan in the future to run my own Asterisk box, this is an excellent first step, as the device can be configured to work via IAX (which is the Asterisk protocol). This device appears to be the most widely supported - virtually all VOIP providers know how to set it up with their service.

After reading a few online reviews, I selected a highly rated provider who offered unlimited incoming calls for about $5 / month and outgoing calls for less than a penny / minute. Following their instructions, I was up and running in 5 minutes flat, placing my first phone call, and checking incoming calls with my existing landline. I will be porting my landline number shortly and give up Bell altogether.

The device sits behind my router with no performance degradation. There is no echo or clipping and the voice quality is excellent. It is best to keep the VOIP adapter separate from your router, as combo devices do not do routing well. Note however that you might be able to install Asterisk on such devices.

Though some providers offer this device claiming that it is unlocked, I prefer to buy it brand new (and obviously unlocked) and shop for VOIP service separately. I recommend this approach to anyone, whether it is VOIP or cell service you are shopping for.

This is an excellent device for VOIP first-timers. Note however that the unit does not support either the fax (T.38) or high-definition (G.722) voice codecs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect VIOP solution, Sept. 5 2012
Purchased this device as a VOIP replacement to Bell. Product arrived a couple of days after purchasing it and I was able to configure it with my (freephoneline.ca) VOIP settings in about 5 minutes.
Call quality is superb and the interface to put in my settings is extensive to say the least.
There are 2 phone line ports on the back with each one having its own voip configuration capabilities which gives the user a ton of options for configuring voice options.

There are screen shots of the interface here;

[...]

I used this link to set the router and just subbed in my settings provided by freephoneline.ca and the router worked like a charm in under 5 minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good VOIP adapter, Oct. 21 2011
The VOIP adapter part is good, but the routing part not so much. If you use it as a router and also use high traffic programs like uTorrent it will jam the VOIP adapter and your phone will not work until you unplug and replug the power adaptor.
In this case is better to use your own router.

5.0 out of 5 stars Voip Simple Perfect Device, Nov. 17 2012
You don't need more than that for your residence communication needs. It does it all! Routing (if need be) switching and easy to install.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good-bye Telcos, July 6 2014
Rick (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I used this little device to rid my household of a traditional phone and moved to VoIP. Using a SIP provider of my choice, I'm down to a $3 a month phone bill and I still have e911 and call display. Setup is technically challenging, but most SIP providers have plenty of instructions to help you along.

Phone call quality is mostly good despite having limited QoS control. When you take the savings into account though, it's hard to beat moving to VoIP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bingo, April 28 2014
Works like a charm.
Easy to set up, everything was as advertised.
Now I am making my phone calls for the fraction of price.

5.0 out of 5 stars cisco spa2102, Feb. 27 2014
The cisco spa 2102 has worked really well. We have not had any problems with it once we got it hooked up.
Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy installation works to my satisfaction, Aug. 30 2012
I bought this recently to connect to Acanac VOIP in Canada. Setup, accompanied by Acanac videos was straightforward, even for those only slightly computer savvy like me. Phone calls are clear and uninterrupted. This may be multifactorial but at least I can say the VOIP ATA works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold standard for VOIP service, Aug. 13 2012
J. Worona "Running Man" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this product on a recommendation from a friend who lives and breathes technology. This unit is very customizable for any VOIP service, just make sure to contact your provider for the specific settings. I use this with VOIP.ms

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, Jan. 30 2012
The modem works very nicely once configured, but be aware that the configuration of such a device is not very user friendly. There is a lot of settings that may need changing depending of the VOIP provider you choose.

My only complaint is that you CANNOT update the device firmware from a Windows7 machine. I had to use my old Windows XP to perform the update.

Cisco SPA2102 2FXS VoIP Phone Adapter with Router