5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, July 12 2006
Blair Mitchelmore "offput" (Brampton, ON CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnivale: The Complete Second Season (Bilingual) (DVD)
Both the show and its cancellation by HBO. This was truly one of the greatest shows to grace television. Season 2 solved many mysteries regarding the characters and the overall mythology but created new ones to be solved as time goes on. For those unfamiliar with the show, I almost want to suggest you don't watch it because you'll only disappoint yourself when you find out that the show received an untimely demise in what is best described as a "Canivàle Cliffhanger." However, I cannot in good conscience suggest not seeing this show, because it is one of the few and rare treasures in the world of television whose vision and storytelling was both unmistakable and uncompromising.

Fantastic show, and I already have my season 2 boxset pre-ordered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than any TV and Movie in history!!!, Sept. 12 2006
Nicole "Nikkie" (Montreal, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnivale: The Complete Second Season (Bilingual) (DVD)
I love Carnivale, it is Morley a wonderful show. No word could describe the perfection and exceptional level of acting, plot/writing/shoreline, cinematography, art direction, etc. this television series has reached. It is a perfect blend of carnival magic, history, religion, and more. I cannot say enough to give this show justice. Carnival has also taught me much about cinematographic technique and cinematography, and has inspired me in a future career in cinematography.

It is truly a major disappointment for this show to be canceled after such an abrupt ending at only the second season. In my opinion there will never be a greater television series that will ever even get close to equaling this masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show!, Jan. 18 2013
Rick Gottinger (Pickering, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnivale: The Complete Second Season (Bilingual) (DVD)
An intriguing HBO series that ended way too early! Too bad really, given how long lesser series survive on commercial televistion. Great characters with a supernatural stroryline.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked the serous and couldn't stop watching it until it ..., July 25 2014
I really liked the serous and couldn't stop watching it until it was finished. But like most of the people who left comments I to was disappointed that there wasn't a third season, there were too many things that needed to be answered.

5.0 out of 5 stars No fight left in HBO, July 5 2014
the end of another great show far too early...hbo gave up without a fight and way too many questions go unanswered...

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the second season, May 5 2014
I liked the second season better than the first. The first season was a little slow moving which picked up in the second season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad that the series was cancelled, Jan. 22 2014
Although it takes some getting used to, this series is excellent. Its abrupt end leaves you with so many unanswered questions, I wish they had made a third season.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great serie, May 25 2012
Loved the actors, loved the "decor" I realy found this serie
very authentic and enjoyed it very much.

I do recommend this serie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carnivale - Second Season, April 3 2012
Carnival-Second Season
The first Season was complicated - difficult to know what was happening - weird - left us hanging. Thus, we were prompted to order the Second Season - much better, very intense and characters started to make connections and a story unfold. We could visualize a plot unfolding. The final episode left us hanging and anxious to receive the Third Season.

Doug & Fran McCallum
Rossland, BC

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 19 2014
I enjoyed this series. It's an unusual story. I'm very disappointed that they didn't come out with more seasons.

Carnivale: The Complete Second Season (Bilingual)
CDN$ 46.99 CDN$ 43.78