countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on July 12, 2006
Both the show and its cancellation by HBO. This was truly one of the greatest shows to grace television. Season 2 solved many mysteries regarding the characters and the overall mythology but created new ones to be solved as time goes on. For those unfamiliar with the show, I almost want to suggest you don't watch it because you'll only disappoint yourself when you find out that the show received an untimely demise in what is best described as a "Canivàle Cliffhanger." However, I cannot in good conscience suggest not seeing this show, because it is one of the few and rare treasures in the world of television whose vision and storytelling was both unmistakable and uncompromising.

Fantastic show, and I already have my season 2 boxset pre-ordered.
on June 8, 2010
*** A Five Star Masterpiece ***

There is no other word to describe this TV series (this goes for the two seasons that were released) which was cancelled by HBO and that I, unfortunenately, discovered only a few years after it's abrupt ending. Which I find that HBO "Honcho's" should be sued for crime against Cinematographic Art for this action!!! You just have to watch it, enjoy it, savor it to understand what I mean. Actually once you have started watching the first episode of the first season, you can't stop yourself devouring each one after the other. You will probably end up back here and try to find some greater words to describe this TV event. If only all TV series where this amazing everybody, with an ounce of brain, would be glued to their tube... This one, is a Chef d'Oeuvre in its own genre!!! Bring it back and finish it HBO!!!
on September 12, 2006
I love Carnivale, it is Morley a wonderful show. No word could describe the perfection and exceptional level of acting, plot/writing/shoreline, cinematography, art direction, etc. this television series has reached. It is a perfect blend of carnival magic, history, religion, and more. I cannot say enough to give this show justice. Carnival has also taught me much about cinematographic technique and cinematography, and has inspired me in a future career in cinematography.

It is truly a major disappointment for this show to be canceled after such an abrupt ending at only the second season. In my opinion there will never be a greater television series that will ever even get close to equaling this masterpiece.
on December 31, 2011
I bought "Carnivale: The Complete Second Season" as a gift for a friend in Vancouver. The estimated shipment dates were bleak, however the item was delivered quite quickly -- within three weeks of the purchase date. I'm incredibly pleased with how fast everything shipped out, the price of the item, and the updates I received from Amazon along the way. My friend was also incredibly pleased -- the items arrived in good condition, and she can't wait to start watching! Or, I should say, "re-watching", as Carnivale is one of her favorite shows. From what I've seen, I can't blame her!
on January 18, 2013
An intriguing HBO series that ended way too early! Too bad really, given how long lesser series survive on commercial televistion. Great characters with a supernatural stroryline.
on December 17, 2014
The 2nd season of Carnivale is even better than the 1st.This is one of my favourite shows of all-time.I really really wish there were more seasons of it-it ended too soon!Carnivale is a masterpiece.It is perfection.
on January 22, 2014
Although it takes some getting used to, this series is excellent. Its abrupt end leaves you with so many unanswered questions, I wish they had made a third season.
on May 25, 2012
Loved the actors, loved the "decor" I realy found this serie
very authentic and enjoyed it very much.

I do recommend this serie.
on May 5, 2014
I liked the second season better than the first. The first season was a little slow moving which picked up in the second season.
on July 5, 2014
the end of another great show far too early...hbo gave up without a fight and way too many questions go unanswered...