4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was less linear
Haven't beaten the game yet, I am at the open area but it too so friggen long to get there. Way to linear for way too long! Its a shame because the combat and graphics are amazing.
Published on March 31 2011 by Darkin20

3.0 out of 5 stars Pas tres chers
Je suis satisfait de mon achat, prix et temps d'envoi raisonable.
En bonne état.

bla bla bla bla bla bla
Published 17 months ago by zet777

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was less linear, March 31 2011
Darkin20 "Darkin" (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIII - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, great service, April 23 2014
The game was shipped promptly and arrived in perfect condition. This game is a lot of fun to play and I recommend it to anyone with some time to kill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, Nov. 18 2013
If you are a fan of the final fantasy world, XIII does not disappoint.

Final Fantasy XIII has a great story line that I've come to except from any FF game.

Recommended to seasoned players or n00bs.

;p

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, Oct. 3 2013
that is good . It an interesting game. I love the story of this game . It is worth to buy

2.0 out of 5 stars Quelle déception, March 28 2013
Très décevant. J'avais attendu avec impatience, mais ce jeu est une réelle déception. Graphique incroyable, mais gameplay ennuyeux. Meilleure chance la prochaine fois.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pas tres chers, March 27 2013
Je suis satisfait de mon achat, prix et temps d'envoi raisonable.
En bonne état.

bla bla bla bla bla bla

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, Jan. 26 2013
M. Fournier (Petit-Rocher, NB) - See all my reviews
I was expecting more from a Final Fantasy Games. This game actually asks the question "can there be too much of a good thing", and surprisingly the answer is YES, there can absolutely be too much of a good thing.

One of the best aspects of any FF games is the great story lines that usually accompany the games. This game does not disappoint in that aspect, but in this case the story seems to take over the entire game and leaves very little room for anything else.

I like the return of the battle screen after a short absence in FFXII, but where is the open world? where are the villages and in-between spaces? 90% of this game is incredibly linear, which is not what I expected or wanted out of a FF game. Of all previous FF games, this one resembles FFX the most, with even fewer open spaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Final Fantasy XIII, Aug. 1 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Everything about this game his perfect. Beautiful HD graphic and ready good story. The only ''maybe'' bad thing it's that is not a ''open world game''... but when you understand that, it's all good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, July 28 2014
Fast shipping, perfect condition, no complaint. if your a fantasy fan, this is a must own title into your collection of FF games, no disappointment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Flawed: Nice to Look at But Lacking in the Game Department., March 14 2010
Kid Robot (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
After having played Bioware's Dragon Age: Origins, which I think is the best RPG to come out in the past year in terms of gameplay/story, I was a bit dismayed by what many viewers are describing as a very linear game in FFXIII with lackluster gameplay and no consequential actions whatsoever. Everything is gorgeous to look at for sure and I actually thought perhaps this would have fared better as a str8-to-blu-ray Movie Trilogy release as I kind of felt like I was "playing" to see what happens in the cut scenes.

The story itself is somewhat compelling and interesting but average at best. I wasn't exactly hanging at the edge of my seat or drawn in by a Shakespearean plot. But I will admit that it's just so damned pretty to look at.

PROS:
- Amazing visual experience/graphics are best I've seen to date.
- Interesting characters with intersecting POV/storyline
- Highly customizable character stats with "crystarium"

CONS:
- A lot of grinding
- No consequences to any actions for most of the game except dying in battle.
- Convoluted plot with too many details for me to actually care for.
- very few NPCs to interact with
- Linear aspect prevents free-roaming/exploration except in some rare locations.

RPG-CRACK-ADDICTIVENESS: 6/10 because it's so pretty and I want to watch the cutscenes, not because I feel like I have to play.

That being said if you enjoy the Final Fantasy series you will probably not want to miss this. I would add that I don't base my reviews on purely visual aesthetics - while it is certainly an important factor to any video game release, I think a good game's strengths lie in the storytelling, characters, gameplay and how those factors all work together with the graphics which can be forgiven if it's actually that much fun to play. I will personally be looking more forward to trying out Heavy Rain and Dragon Age Awakening to remedy my RPG-crack-addict-fix.

Side Note: I've been reading a lot of "officially published reviews" on IGN/Gamespot and I don't know what kind of biased-sponsor-crack they've been smoking but I'm actually surprised everyone is giving this game such a high score when there are so many other great games out there. I'm a strong believer in plot-centric games that are actually fun to play.

UPDATE: I'm at Gran Pulse now and I am actually losing interest. The gameplay is super redundant. Wired Magazine did a really fair and unbiased review on their website and I'm glad someone out there has the critical thinking ability to discern what makes a game FUN. This game is JUST OK unless you're a FF Fan Boy.

Final Fantasy XIII - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition