march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$22.00+ $4.00 shipping

on May 5, 2016
Final Fantasy XIII and it's following games are pretty lame. worse Final Fantasy games I've played. I'm a Big fan it's a shame they ruined a winning formula for this crap, say what you want... defending this game because it gets decent after 10 or so hours of game play isn't really a good defense for being a total waste of time and money. I beat it FYI it's not like this review is just from 2 hours of playing.
If it wasn't Final Fantasy in the title I'd think it was a decent game, But it destroys everything I've loved about Final Fantasy over the years.
If you're a die hard fan of Final Fantasy it's probably better you title this something else while playing so you don't get your hopes up.
on March 31, 2011
Haven't beaten the game yet, I am at the open area but it too so friggen long to get there. Way to linear for way too long! Its a shame because the combat and graphics are amazing.
on November 18, 2013
If you are a fan of the final fantasy world, XIII does not disappoint.

Final Fantasy XIII has a great story line that I've come to except from any FF game.

Recommended to seasoned players or n00bs.

;p
on August 1, 2012
Everything about this game his perfect. Beautiful HD graphic and ready good story. The only ''maybe'' bad thing it's that is not a ''open world game''... but when you understand that, it's all good.
on March 14, 2010
After having played Bioware's Dragon Age: Origins, which I think is the best RPG to come out in the past year in terms of gameplay/story, I was a bit dismayed by what many viewers are describing as a very linear game in FFXIII with lackluster gameplay and no consequential actions whatsoever. Everything is gorgeous to look at for sure and I actually thought perhaps this would have fared better as a str8-to-blu-ray Movie Trilogy release as I kind of felt like I was "playing" to see what happens in the cut scenes.

The story itself is somewhat compelling and interesting but average at best. I wasn't exactly hanging at the edge of my seat or drawn in by a Shakespearean plot. But I will admit that it's just so damned pretty to look at.

PROS:
- Amazing visual experience/graphics are best I've seen to date.
- Interesting characters with intersecting POV/storyline
- Highly customizable character stats with "crystarium"

CONS:
- A lot of grinding
- No consequences to any actions for most of the game except dying in battle.
- Convoluted plot with too many details for me to actually care for.
- very few NPCs to interact with
- Linear aspect prevents free-roaming/exploration except in some rare locations.

RPG-CRACK-ADDICTIVENESS: 6/10 because it's so pretty and I want to watch the cutscenes, not because I feel like I have to play.

That being said if you enjoy the Final Fantasy series you will probably not want to miss this. I would add that I don't base my reviews on purely visual aesthetics - while it is certainly an important factor to any video game release, I think a good game's strengths lie in the storytelling, characters, gameplay and how those factors all work together with the graphics which can be forgiven if it's actually that much fun to play. I will personally be looking more forward to trying out Heavy Rain and Dragon Age Awakening to remedy my RPG-crack-addict-fix.

Side Note: I've been reading a lot of "officially published reviews" on IGN/Gamespot and I don't know what kind of biased-sponsor-crack they've been smoking but I'm actually surprised everyone is giving this game such a high score when there are so many other great games out there. I'm a strong believer in plot-centric games that are actually fun to play.

UPDATE: I'm at Gran Pulse now and I am actually losing interest. The gameplay is super redundant. Wired Magazine did a really fair and unbiased review on their website and I'm glad someone out there has the critical thinking ability to discern what makes a game FUN. This game is JUST OK unless you're a FF Fan Boy.
on April 23, 2014
The game was shipped promptly and arrived in perfect condition. This game is a lot of fun to play and I recommend it to anyone with some time to kill.
on July 28, 2014
Fast shipping, perfect condition, no complaint. if your a fantasy fan, this is a must own title into your collection of FF games, no disappointment.
on June 10, 2010
I was hoping for soo much more on Final Fantasy`s first outting on a Next Gen console and it is sad to say, but I was terribly dissapointed. I give 2 stars for the graphics in this game which are mindblowing near the end of the game, but aside form that the game is confusing in many different aspects and is way too streamlined. The difficulty is unbalanced to the point where each fight in the game begins to take 10 - 15 minutes. Rent before you buy. I`m going to do that for sure when the next one comes out. I`ve totally lost faith in Square now. Pitty.
on October 3, 2013
that is good . It an interesting game. I love the story of this game . It is worth to buy
on March 29, 2011
I haven't played FFXIII yet, but my girlfriend has and I glanced at the TV enough to get an idea about it. She gives it 2.5-3.0, and that seems about right as an observer. The gameplay is mostly repetitive, even more so than a standard JRPG because in combat you only really control one character at a time, and you're mostly pressing auto-attack. The visuals are very nice with FF quality cutscenes (ie, pretty darn cool), but some of the voice acting is obnoxious. There is a baby chocobo that lives in an afro, so maybe it's worth the price of admission just for that.