5.0 out of 5 stars Callous-Inducing Fun
As I type this review, I have little feeling in my left thumb because of the callous I have developed from the nunchuk as a result of playing this game so much.

I love this game because it is visually stunning, funny, easy to figure out, and fun to play.

Published on Dec 26 2007 by B Marino

1.0 out of 5 stars nintendo select version on sale now!
Thsi ai a great game- I rated it so low to warn you that you can buy the nintendo select version for $20 or so. It is exectly the same game. Don't buy it at this price...
Published on Sept. 13 2011 by mariofan

5.0 out of 5 stars Callous-Inducing Fun, Dec 26 2007
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)

This is a beautiful game. The developers have figured out how to make a game enjoyable to look at by giving it a lush, colourful, landscape and lots of shiny, shimmering, furry, and bright characters and backgrounds. Even when I'm not playing I enjoy watching the screen.

The characters are ridiculously cute. Seriously. They make funny noises and even the things that kill you are adorable. I feel guilty killing such lovable creatures, but then I'm rewarded with coins and star bits so I get over it...

I've heard that Nintendo likes the games they develop to be easy enough to figure out that anyone can navigate their way through the game, but also filled with opportunities to take different, more challenging routes for more experienced gamers.

I find this to be the case with Super Mario Galaxy. I am able to quickly go through the levels if I don't want to explore and just want to stay alive or move on to the next level. When I have more time to dedicate or more back up lives to spare, I can go to different places in the game that are harder to get to and rack up extra points. I like this about the game. I can choose whether or not to kill the enemies, but either way I can still advance. This is nice if more than one person in a house will be playing the game. There are many ways to play it and all are valid. My friend will have a completely different experience playing it than I will because we choose to explore different parts of the game.

I have silly fun playing this game. There are several elements of play such as shooting, maze-like games, finding hidden objects, flying, and the usual jumping on enemies for coins and other rewards. It's great for people with short attention spans.

I recommend this game for anyone that has enjoyed Mario games in the past. I think this is their best one in many years and it makes excellent use of the Wii platform's capabilities.

Have fun with this game, and remember to massage your thumb afterwards...

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Top Wii games ever!, Aug. 14 2008
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)
I bought this game not to long ago, and had extremely high expectations for it, since everyone seems to be going on about how amazing it was. I was nervous it wouldn't be as good as I was hoping it would, but I was so happy to find out it is. I have a hand cramp from playing it so much. It uses all the features of the Wii remote flawlessly, and it is so much fun to play. It is fairly easy to get the hang of, but still presents a challenge as a game. I would recommend this to everyone that they buy it. It is by far one of the best games out there for the Wii

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game in the Mario series yet., Nov. 27 2007
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)
If you haven't already purchased this game, do it now. Super Mario Galaxy is hands-down the best Wii game ever released to date. It's the best game Mario game I've ever played too - even better than the original epic NES ones.

The 3D atmosphere is breathtaking. The graphics are outstanding and while the game can be a little easy at times, it's so much fun and it's so charming. It's perfect for all ages - from the 8 year old casual gamer to the 20 year old hardcore gamer to the 99 old non-gamer.

The Wii has a bad reputation for millions of microgames targeted to a casual audience. It's time to end that reputation and enjoy Super Mario Galaxy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8 2014
Cherri Lollipop (London, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)
as listed, fast shipping, thank you, A++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Mario in space, Nov. 4 2013
Dana - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)
This game sends Mario out to a large number of locations.
Explore the worlds filled with oversized monsters and try to save the princess from her latest kidnapping.
What can you say? It's Mario.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GALAXY OF INNOVATIVE IDEAS AND FUN!, Oct. 13 2011
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)
When it comes to Mario games, the last one I owned was Super Mario Land 2 for the GameBoy. Boy was I in for a surprise!

SUPER MARIO GALAXY is a phenomenal game, one that took the franchise into a whole new direction, added another dimension and opened up an entire, well, galaxy, of jumping, running, flying, spiraling, swimming, star-gathering, planet-hoping and princess-saving.

The graphics fit the Wii perfectly and as stunning as they may be it is the sounds and music that will make this masterpiece of a game unforgettable.

SMG can be played with either the Wiimote (Nunchuk required) or with a Classic Controller. Both are easy to pick up and quick to master.

A game all my family greatly enjoyed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game - if you don't have vertigo, Dec 26 2007
Alan Friesen (Rural Alberta) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)
I never played Super Mario 64, the game that most platform fans breathlessly compare to Super Mario Galaxy. I understand that SM64 was revolutionary in its 3D approach and was true to the Super Mario formula. However, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Super Mario Galaxy does live up to the reputation of its predecessors.

The game's intro is a nice bit of animation, something that I've not seen in a Mario game before. Before long, you're running, jumping, and transversing entire worlds in a few leaps and bounds. The game neatly uses the Wii control scheme to its advantage: shake your controller up and down, and you'll swing around a vine. Shake it side to side, and Mario will spin, knocking around your enemies. Once you pick up a turtle shell, you "throw" your remote overhand, similar to pitching in Wii Sport's baseball game.

Each of the galaxies (consisting of one to five levels) has a different them: one is a spacious garden, one is underwater, another is a haunted house, and so on. There are also unique powerups that work slightly differently from past Mario games: you can get fireballs, turn into Ice Mario (and skate over water rather than swim in it), turn into a Bee (and fly!), for example. Some of these powerups, like Ice and Fire Mario, are time limited: think of the Star invulnerability power-up in Super Mario 1, 3, and World. It's somewhat frustrating for the fireball powerup to only last for fifteen seconds, *and* you can only get these powerups in certain galaxies (you can't get the bee powerup outside of a specific bee galaxy, for example).

Those are my biggest complaints with the game, and honestly, they're not much. The game is colourful, vibrant, and packed with interesting characters and locations. Certainly, it's a terrific game in the Mario tradition, and one definitely not to be missed. One quick caveat: some people who experience motion sickness/vertigo while playing games should avoid this one, as it can definitely be nausea-inducing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wii game yet, Jan. 9 2008
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)
Super Mario Galaxy beats out Metroid Prime 3, and Twillight Princess for best game. The core gameplay is here from the previous Mario games, you might wonder if the controls might not be good, but they're the same, which is a welcoming relief. The only time it might get confusing is when you are running around a rotating planet, and the camera angle switches.

This game also has limited functions of the Wii Remote, but not so much that it feels gimmicky, which is a nice touch. Nintendo has done this to death with the DS in some titles, but they thankfully don't do any gimicks here.

This game is large... so don't worry about if you'll finish it quickly. There is 120 stars, the first 60 are for casual fans, but then the game gets much tougher for the latter 60, for veterans of the Mario series.

There is some levels which are mini games, these are a nice break from the normal 3-starred levels, since they all only have 1 star to collect, so once you beat them, there is no point, except if you want to beat the time record.

I have a complaint though, why can't we play as Luigi for the second player? Even though this game has co-op it is weak. The other player mainly just helps player 1 collect star bits, the game's currency and weapon. That's basically it, other than being able to stun enemies, and making Mario preform super jumps. It would of been a blast if you could also play as Luigi. Sure, it might of made the game go by faster, but it also would've boosted this game's popularity by the hundreds, and it is easy to see why.

The graphics look amazing, normally people only think that the Wii is average at creating graphics... rivaled only by Metroid Prime 3, these are the best graphics on the console, with an amazing musical score to boast.

You should get this game, treasure it, and say good bye to many hours of your life.

5/5

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Mario Galaxy, March 3 2009
Adam (Saskatoon, SK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ce commentaire est de: Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (Video Game)
This is a very fun if not very simple game. The graphics are great. The controls are decent(although it gets confusing when you walk around a small planet or underneath things). What I really appreciate is the co-operative capability. My wife is very competitive, but not that good at console games, so she gets frustrated very easily. With this title, there is no competition, rather she is able to help me out by collecting the star bits that I can't get when I'm in an area I need to focus on controls. She really enjoys helping me out in this way. She is also able to freeze enemies (which can really help in tight spots), shoot star bits and occasionally make me jump (although this can be detrimental if done accidentally in the wrong place).

This is a great game for new gamers, fun for old gamers, but might be too simple for serious gamers. I enjoyed playing through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 16 2014
good

Super Mario Galaxy - Wii
Super Mario Galaxy - Wii by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
Used & New from: CDN$ 10.54