biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 2, 2013
This is the best thing I've ever bought. There are so many reasons it's amazing, not to mention the so far *10 month* battery life (and still going strong). The programs are really easy to set and change, the functions make sense when you're using them, it's hands-off 99% of the time (unless you want to change the time), the 4 D-cell batteries have lasted so long now I can't even remember when I bought the unit off the top of my head. The tray turns perfectly every time.

Be aware that the motor sound is pretty loud when it does turn (only when it's turning), but we actually find this beneficial since it's like a bell telling the cat that food is ready. She's associated the sound with food so she stops bugging us all the time. Greatest invention ever and amazing implementation!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

UPDATE: 1.5 years on and the batteries still haven't been changed, the door still hasn't been broken or chewed through and everything is running just as perfectly as the day I bought it.
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2010
I was excited and nevous at the same time while I placed the order because I heard good and bad things about automatic feeders. Now I have to say it is one of the greatest invention for busy pet owners.
My 'slightly overweight' cat has to be on a strict feeding schedule, and he is very timing about when he gets the food. I can sleep in on the weekends now and go out for grocery shopping guiltlessly, knowing that he will get his food on time no matter how late I sleep in or how long I am out. The instructions are very straight foward to follow. It does need a couple DD batteries to operate, which did not come in with the product. I got them easily from electronic store with on sale price. With such a great product, what can you ask for more?
on November 6, 2012
I've been using this feeder for about a month now and so far am very pleased with it. My cat very quickly learned to recognize the noise it makes when it advances a food-filled section to the opening (he still insists on waking me up early for his breakfast, but that's not the fault of the feeder!). It wasn't very hard to set up, and it doesn't make a lot of noise. It's also dishwasher safe, but I don't find it difficult to clean by hand, either. I do use wet food in it so wouldn't want to set it for feeding my cat over a weekend, but I find it handy to load it with his nighttime snack and his breakfast before I go to bed, and then in the morning before I leave for work, I load it with his daytime snack and his dinner. It doesn't come with ice packs to help keep food fresh, so I just put one of my frozen reusable ice-cubes (plastic water-filled fruit-shaped pieces)in with the food, and it seems to work fine. It was also much less expensive than the one I saw in the pet store, and it arrived very quickly, too.

April 2014: the feeder up and died on me - instead of rotating to the next compartment, it moves only about a third of the way. Replacing the batteries did not help. The price of the feeder has gone way up from what I initially paid for it, too. It was good while it lasted, but for the sake of my own sanity and to keep my cat happy, I decided to keep things simple and bout a bought a 2-compartment feeder elsewhere.
on July 2, 2010
I read a lot of reviews before purchasing this feeder and I have to agree that it is the best automatic feeder I have tried. My cat is amazing at finding ways to get at food, whether it's in a cupboard or a feeder but he has not been able to get into this one. In fact he seems to have given up trying, and just waits to hear the sound of the tray rotating and then rushes over to get his meal. I thoroughly recommend this product... especially if you have a smart cat.
on August 8, 2011
It is my second purchase of this product. I feed both of my cats with it.
They love it. I have Cornish Rex and I can not give them a lot of food at the same time.
They eat, eat, eat, they do not know when to stop. With the pet safe electronic feeder,
they get the food they need on a regular schedule.
on December 13, 2012
I read tons of online reviews on different websites for several different automatic pet feeders before finally deciding on this one. This one seemed to get the best reviews and I have not been disappointed at all since receiving it. I bought this for a planned 2 week vacation when I would have someone cat-sitting, but my 2 cats need measured amounts of food 3x a day or else they gorge and then puke all over my house while I'm gone. I didn't want the cat sitter to have to come over 3x a day, so I figured with the automatic feeder then she would only have to come over once a day or could even come over every second day depending on her schedule and when the feeder would be empty. I wanted to test the feeder out though before I left on vacation and so I've been using it for a month and it's been working perfectly.

Pros:
-super easy to figure out how to set with the enclosed instructions. Mine didn't come with instructions stuck on the lid so I never had an issue with the tray getting stuck like some other reviewers mentioned.
-has a digital timer so it is very accurate with when it goes off
-has a lot of flexibility with how you set it (ex. at first I had it set to go off for 7am, 12noon, and 5pm, but now I have it set off to just go off for morning and lunch and I give the cats their supper feeding each night)
-It is very sturdy/well-built. It doesn't feel cheap and flimsy at all
-The feeding trays move, not the top, so you can put it up against a wall or in a corner area without any issues
-The top snaps shut and since the tray moves and not the top, it closes very firmly and I haven't had any issues with my cats breaking it open to get to the food
-trays are big enough for me to give a serving size for 2 cats when their meals are split up into 3 meals per day (half-cup per serving)

Cons:
-It takes D batteries, which is a pain, but they seem to be lasting well thus far and as long as it doesn't suck the batteries dry quickly then that won't be a big issue.
-if you have cats that fight over their food then you may need two feeders because the wells for the food are only big enough for one cat to eat out of at a time. My cats take turns (they are sometimes pushy, but they aren't aggressive with each other and they always both get enough to eat).
-no place/room for ice packs if you want food to stay cold but maybe you could freeze wet food overnight and then put it in the compartment to thaw by the next feeding?
-I wish it had more compartments so that it could go for two days. Right now it can go for two days if I do two feedings per day, but if I do 3 per day then it will run out before the last feeding on the second day.

I am very pleased with this purchase overall. The feeder isn't really loud, but my cats were afraid of it the first couple days. It was funny to watch because they both freaked out (puffly tails and hunched backs) at first when it turned, and then they very slowly and cautiously walked up to it at first and were afraid to put their head in the food well to get the food. After a couple days they were running to the feeder as soon as they heard it turn though, so it didn't take them long to get used to it at all. I am so happy to finally get to sleep in on the weekends again and it's nice to know that whenever I'm away on vacation I won't have to worry about the cat-sitter or myself having to clean up puke all around the house like what used to happen when I had to leave a bowl of open bowl food out for them to make sure they had enough for the day.
on July 19, 2011
This is the best cat feeder I found so far for my diabetic cat. It allows me to feed my cat in small portion which is very important for his medical condition. Although there are only 4 slots cat actually feed on, this device gives you 9 timer settings, so you don't need to keep reprogram the time, just put in food when you know the last slot of food will be used up. Got another one of this few days ago, the older one I had more than a year tend to over rotated a little bit lately showing a small gap to the next food portion. Other than that it is still in very good working condition. Good thing I don't have a curious cat. Now I got both going at different set time, feeding my cat in controlled food portion through out the day, not to worry he will go hungry or over fed.
on June 23, 2011
I actually bought the two meal feeder - and it works great - as I have a cat who like to wake up at 4am - and wants food..........the only thing is - that 2 meal feeder "ticks" quite loudly...........does this 5 meal feeder have a "tick tick tick tick tick" to it.........???
on November 2, 2013
It took a year for him to figure it out, but my cat discovered how to open the lid and get at all the dishes of food whenever he wants. I have to tape it shut now to keep him out. Otherwise works great and it more reliable than other feeders I've used.
on September 12, 2013
I was really enjoying my feeder and it was working well until it suddenly lost it's programming and was feeding at random times. I tried removing the batteries to reset it and then I couldn't get back into program mode again. I called customer support and there were no questions asked, they were just sending me a new one. This is always a fear of mine when ordering on-line but there were no hassles and I will order from PetSafe again and again. I appreciate good customer service!